• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also what's going to happen with the hardship fund? When is the cut off and will it be split between all staff?
Personally once the staff have been paid, I'm assuming that it was treated like a loan and will be repaid (less any reasonable costs of cash flow problems). At that point I think any large donors like the York Chairman should be offered the money back and the rest held on account should the need arise again or we can pay it forward if any other clubs get into similar trouble.

Personally once the staff have been paid, I'm assuming that it was treated like a loan and will be repaid (less any reasonable costs of cash flow problems). At that point I think any large donors like the York Chairman should be offered the money back and the rest held on account should the need arise again or we can pay it forward if any other clubs get into similar trouble.
Personally. I think it should be split between all staff as a thank you and show of our gratitude. Without them we would have been dead a long time back. There loyalty to the club has been second to none

Assume many staff may have incurred extra costs (interest on loans, credit cards etc) as a result of not being paid for three months. So sure there’s still a use for that money.

And no guarantee we won’t be back in this situation again at some point.

I assume two days to Friday which was believed to be a league deadline- but it appears it was last Friday? So not sure this Friday has any particular importance….
Presumably the other deadline we have is the WUP?
Meanwhile the embargo screws us royally until the club sale saga reaches a long awaited conclusion…we must have now progressed from internal meetings amongst the consortium to an actual offer given the urgency…. But we don’t know…

It was last Friday hence we have settled football creditors?
Both the 21st and 28th have been rumoured, but no one knows for certain. If he paid them late we wouldnt be in the NL i wouldnt have guessed so if there is a deadline i would have thought it is this Friday

This is why it is so confusing, no one knows any dates of when anything is happening.

The problem with all of this is the link between Ron and SUFC. Taking action to punish Ron (eg ST boycott, or NL threats) also could ruin us (SUFC) and until we feel that an owner is one of us we are stuck with that.

Totally agree BB, and that, for me, is why the protests at his house are now so important now.

They MUST be kept legal, peaceful and alcohol free, but if it means his neighbours getting cheesed off and putting pressure him to get the protests stopped, then this is action that reaches him directly. We all know he hates adverse publicity, and if the sale with the 5 local businessmen falls through, them this action needs to be kept going, Maybe Rolling through the day on a Sunday once the season starts, but he must see and hear the unrest HE has created, without us as a fanbase, doing anything to harm the football management teams efforts and supporting the team.

Just my feelings at the present time and originally I was not an advocate of the protests.

Last edited:
I don't think it needs a new WUP. We've been under a constant embargo since last Sept but it covers two WUPs. We didn't come out of the embargo after the previous HMRC debt was paid under the previous WUP in March because we were in arrears again separately. The NL knew it and so kept the embargo in place (although unpaid footballing creditors will have contributed to their stance too).

I don't think the embargo will be off until we're up to date with HMRC.

If we go into arrears again at the earliest possible opportunity after getting up to date, then the next monthly report from HMRC to the NL will flag it and we'll be immediately back under an embargo again.

The clubs themselves have to report the position re VAT / PAYE & NIC but the NL along with the RU, RL, EFL & PL have an agreement that requires the league to take action against clubs that don’t keep payments up to date

The clubs themselves have to report the position re VAT / PAYE & NIC but the NL along with the RU, RL, EFL & PL have an agreement that requires the league to take action against clubs that don’t keep payments up to date.
I don't know about any of the other leagues. I can only go by what Mark Ives said on a call with the Trust, and that is that the NL receives a monthly report from HMRC saying whether all of its member clubs are up-to-date or in arrears with payments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back