• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it needs a new WUP. We've been under a constant embargo since last Sept but it covers two WUPs. We didn't come out of the embargo after the previous HMRC debt was paid under the previous WUP in March because we were in arrears again separately. The NL knew it and so kept the embargo in place (although unpaid footballing creditors will have contributed to their stance too).

I don't think the embargo will be off until we're up to date with HMRC.

If we go into arrears again at the earliest possible opportunity after getting up to date, then the next monthly report from HMRC to the NL will flag it and we'll be immediately back under an embargo again.
Thats how i understood things, if the WUP said 275k and now it is 500k we need to pay the 500k or we stay under the embargo. Hopefully I am wrong but thats how I have understood things.

I don't think it needs a new WUP. We've been under a constant embargo since last Sept but it covers two WUPs. We didn't come out of the embargo after the previous HMRC debt was paid under the previous WUP in March because we were in arrears again separately. The NL knew it and so kept the embargo in place (although unpaid footballing creditors will have contributed to their stance too).

I don't think the embargo will be off until we're up to date with HMRC.

If we go into arrears again at the earliest possible opportunity after getting up to date, then the next monthly report from HMRC to the NL will flag it and we'll be immediately back under an embargo again.
So we have little to bugger all chance of being able to strengthen beyond the 16 allowed.
I guess it keep expectations suitably low.
We now must be the most easily pleased supporters in the Country! A new delivery of Pukka pies will result in a party atmostphere 🥳

NL are already aware of the additional arrears due to the monthly reports they receive from HMRC, so I can't see us coming out of the current embargo at all unless the petition debt AND the arrears accrued since then are paid off in full.
Even if we have the money, can we pay HMRC without the bank account being unfrozen?
Did the order before last make that possible?

So just to clarify where we are at, at the moment.

Staff have finally been paid but further pay is due within days. It's unclear whether this will be paid and who is paying.

Other football related debts have been paid. Again, it's unclear who paid them.

Hrmc has yet to be paid and we have until sometime after the season starts to pay existing and since accumulated debt.

There is a takeover apparently going on behind the scenes. We have little info on who or when this will happen but certain ITK seem positive.

The stadium may or may not have passed a safety check. Fans have been asked to get down roots hall this Sunday to clean and get the ground ready for matchday 1.

We have been apparently given the green light to start the season.

We currently have 10 fit players and remain under an embargo for 10 months now.

We have two new kits, that we can pre order despite not seeing more than 5% of them.

We have no clue what matchday prices are going to be in just 11 days time and can't currently buy them.

Season tickets are also unavailable online.

It's never dull is it.

Have I missed anything ?

Even if we have the money, can we pay HMRC without the bank account being unfrozen?
Did the order before last make that possible?
I think we had to return to court to pay people who were not party to the winding up petition. As HMRC led that, presumably we don’t have to return to court to pay them.

Thats how i understood things, if the WUP said 275k and now it is 500k we need to pay the 500k or we stay under the embargo. Hopefully I am wrong but thats how I have understood things.
Bang on. Its a Winding Up Petition, not an Embargo Petition. The only thing that paying off the WUP debt definitely stops is the threat of being wound up over that debt. If the NL have received reports about additional arrears and we haven't paid those off too, then the embargo likely remains. They might usually give some time to sort it, butbwe are repeat offenders and our licence at the moment is conditional, so they'll keep the pressure on I'd imagine.

The NL finds out relatively quickly if any club has defaulted on PAYE and NI contributions due to that reporting system.

Bang on. Its a Winding Up Petition, not an Embargo Petition. The only thing that paying off the WUP debt definitely stops is the threat of being wound up over that debt. If the NL have received reports about additional arrears and we haven't paid those off too, then the embargo remains. The NL finds out relatively quickly if any club has defaulted on PAYE and NI contributions due to that reporting system.
Is there any chance of a time to pay agreement or has Ron burnt that bridge due to past default?

Is there any chance of a time to pay agreement or has Ron burnt that bridge due to past default?
Burnt the bridge on that one, I think, due to that past default. He still believes that HMRC were too heavy handed and that it was only one or two missed payments, too. He thinks they should reinstate the TTP.

The entitlement, exceptionalism and failure to accept blame is astounding.

Sounds like the NL have got their **** together. More so than EFL?
I think in our predicament, this is stangley a good thing. It is whipping Martins arse to get up to date, otherwise, we would never be able to get out of this sorry state in order to be able to sell the club.
Good on you NL!
I agree as long as he keeps running just fast enough. I fear though that suddenly the NL will have enough and take terminal action.

The problem with all of this is the link between Ron and SUFC. Taking action to punish Ron (eg ST boycott, or NL threats) also could ruin us (SUFC) and until we feel that an owner is one of us we are stuck with that.

Reactions: TJC
I agree as long as he keeps running just fast enough. I fear though that suddenly the NL will have enough and take terminal action.

The problem with all of this is the link between Ron and SUFC. Taking action to punish Ron (eg ST boycott, or NL threats) also could ruin us (SUFC) and until we feel that an owner is one of us we are stuck with that.
And who can blame them. The man has had years to get his s**t together and hasn't.

Yeah, we are definately running on borrowed time with Ron at the helm. As you suggest, at some point, someone (NL or Judge) are rightly going to say 'thats enough'. Quite frankly, I'm surprised we have pushed them this far. We really are pushing our luck now.

The stadium may or may not have passed a safety check. Fans have been asked to get down roots hall this Sunday to clean and get the ground ready for matchday
I am surprised that the safety certificate for RH is not a matter of public record somewhere. I can read all the gory details of Southend Hospital or my GP on the CQC website - I assumed the same would apply to a safety certificate and that it would be somewhere on the SCC website.

Whilst we wait for a deal to be completed ( or not ) , it's highly likely that unless we are kicked out , we will start the season under an embargo and with the very thin squad we have.

Hypothetical question time.
Are we likely to lose every game ?
Can we compete in some ( or all ) ?

It's clear to me that over a whole season , it's not sustainable, but how long can it be managed ?

In my opinion , given the age and inexperience of those that would make up the bench , we really can't compete for too long.

I don’t think we’ll lose every game. I expect us to start badly though as pre-season has left the players undercooked. The question is will the players’ confidence be shot by the time they get up to speed?
So are we all assuming we have one option open to us ? And that’s a sale to a local team of business men ? Does anyone fear that Ron is still trying to curve ball that and still stay somewhat in control ?
I’m assuming Ron was stringing the sale along for a second party and that the team of 5 business men still aren’t favourites. He’s constantly referenced a second party that we still don’t know who they are and everyone has dismissed as him trying to start a bidding war. But I don’t know who they are and why that mystery second party aren’t further along the line and I can’t see why Ron would want to hold onto a money pit when he can make it someone else’s problem.

Burnt the bridge on that one, I think, due to that past default. He still believes that HMRC were too heavy handed and that it was only one or two missed payments, too. He thinks they should reinstate the TTP.

The entitlement, exceptionalism and failure to accept blame is astounding.
This.

I'm pretty sure he used words to the effect of, "HMRC went back on their time to pay agreement", and in doing so is making out it is HMRC fault and not the fact he couldn't keep up the repayments.

Hopefully he sells the club and then HMRC come after his private businesses. Blokes been getting away with murder for far too long.

"Staff have finally been paid but further pay is due within days. It's unclear whether this will be paid and who is paying.

Other football related debts have been paid. Again, it's unclear who paid them."

I suppose I can i only interpret this as a sign that new ownership/investment
is actually happening ??

Am I being too optimistic ?

I don’t think we’ll lose every game. I expect us to start badly though as pre-season has left the players undercooked. The question is will the players’ confidence be shot by the time they get up to speed?

I’m assuming Ron was stringing the sale along for a second party and that the team of 5 business men still aren’t favourites. He’s constantly referenced a second party that we still don’t know who they are and everyone has dismissed as him trying to start a bidding war. But I don’t know who they are and why that mystery second party aren’t further along the line and I can’t see why Ron would want to hold onto a money pit when he can make it someone else’s problem.
I’m worried his hankering still for internal investment that allows him to keep it all …

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back