• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nash was fired in November last year, mainly due to player power. Players in the NBA have all the stroke, and if you're not Gregg Popovich, if Lebron, KD, Giannis etc want you out, you're gone. That doesn't mean that Nash is no longer friendly with Tsai - he's smart enough to know that the owner had very little choice in the matter. As for Sarver being cheap, I don't think so. The Suns were a contender with big-name players before he sold. The allegations against him are based on racism, which means very little in the black player-controlled NBA. I wouldn't be so sure as to think this is dead in the water.

I hope it isn't dead in the water and never said it was. I'd love Nash in.

As I did say, it was info from someone with a little more background knowledge than has previously been expressed on here. Your info is equally welcome and broadens all our knowledge too, which is most welcome. thanks.

I hope it isn't dead in the water and never said it was. I'd love Nash in.

As I did say, it was info from someone with a little more background knowledge than has previously been expressed on here. Your info is equally welcome and broadens all our knowledge too, which is most welcome. thanks.
I saw that stuff though a bit of google investigation. But there are so many positives about this guy. He has more than one contact… and I believe sarver is still running Mallorca.

Also - if I remember from the searches that both teams he’d invested in are now in their top league, where previously they were not.

Hi mate, wasnt expecting you to name or deny. Just making the point that you are a trusted source and have already suggested that there are parties interested. The fact that Nash has been mentioned by some previously and again last night obvs people are curious. I respect your views and trust you as a source and was making that as a point more than expecting you to name names etc

But I’ve been brought up about Nash. It’s a bit disingenuous to add my name.

Yes, there are interested parties, at various different stages of proceedings, but again I won’t confirm or deny names.

With everything that’s going on in the background, I'm surprised names are being floated around in the public domain to be honest.

Yes, there are interested parties, at various different stages of proceedings, but again I won’t confirm or deny names.

With everything that’s going on in the background, I'm surprised names are being floated around in the public domain to be honest.
I haven’t attached you to the Nash rumour. His name has been mentioned by others. I’m merely making the point that you are a trusted source therefore people should take note of what you say. Apologies if it came across differently that’s not what was intended. I certainly respect your views

Last edited:
It was even on the BBC national news.

I said this months ago on another thread. I don't have a problem with Wrexham but I do have a problem with the media coverage.
i explained why. the bbc desperate to show they aren’t all about London. Wales box ticked here. It’s just the news though why is it bothering you so much? It’s also big because of the the Hollywood element. Everybody loves Hollywood, right? We are the usas’s number one vassal, sorry, ally, so it helps shows them in a good light. They saved Wrexham remember 😏

It's all speculation though. Not one verifiable source has named anybody. Steve Nash may well not even have heard of Southend United. Basically a load of conjecture at this point, which has caught wind on socials.

It's all speculation though. Not one verifiable source has named anybody. Steve Nash may well not even have heard of Southend United. Basically a load of conjecture at this point, which has caught wind on socials.
agreed
I think it’s just the excitement of the possibility of Ron not running the club. He’ll still get a chance to mess up the building work though

True.

But a few people are claiming to have heard from “sources”. How true that is, we will never know.

True.

But a few people are claiming to have heard from “sources”. How true that is, we will never know.
I know the Chairman said that the sale of the club would probably not be completed until July, but I am wondering if the approach of the end of the season might just accelerate the timetable. After all, it would be difficult for Southend to retain some of their best players if this current uncertainty continues into late May.

I know the Chairman said that the sale of the club would probably not be completed until July, but I am wondering if the approach of the end of the season might just accelerate the timetable. After all, it would be difficult for Southend to retain some of their best players if this current uncertainty continues into late May.
I’m sure thats at the forefront of Ron’s mind, he’s always had the players and clubs interests at heart

I hate to be a downer ... (It's kind of my trademark) Seldomseenshrimper™️

The odds on us attracting a Ryan and Rob style buyer are astronomical.

The reality will most likely be an investor who will want to see us move to a new stadium and be a project for his portfolio. In other words, it will be another Ron Martin.

The only benefit we can hope to gain is a bit more financial security and hopefully a little bit of transparency.

We will not be doing a Wrexham and investing loads in the the team.

We will be more of a Chesterfield, modern stadium with a team that they are building on every season.

The emphasis will be on what Stan set out when he came in, correct recruitment and a structured coaching system. This will be enough to get us out of the league in the next 5 years with an owner that can keep us out of the court room.

It won't be Hollywood, but it will be less stressful

The reality will most likely be an investor who will want to see us move to a new stadium and be a project for his portfolio. In other words, it will be another Ron Martin.

The only benefit we can hope to gain is a bit more financial security and hopefully a little bit of transparency.

We will be more of a Chesterfield, modern stadium with a team that they are building on every season.

The emphasis will be on what Stan set out when he came in, correct recruitment and a structured coaching system. This will be enough to get us out of the league in the next 5 years with an owner that can keep us out of the court room.

There’s no guarantee of a return unless the new owner has grand ideas for the stadium but given it’s proximity to the housing I’m not sure

Sounds great to me why a downer? All we have ever asked let the recruitment team do there job

See Rochdale are in the same boat with according to press reports a number of interested parties. We have to hope that FF makes us a more attractive proposition plus the lure of the Essex Riviera and vicinity to London.

Watched a couple of good you tube clips by a young girl blogger called Stuntpegg following Rochdale's exit from the football league like us after 100+ years also one about Wrexham where we get a mention due to Ron .If you love football well worth a watch

Still think there is too much of a coincidence that Stan fly's out to New York where Nash lives 3 days after the club goes on sale and then starts following him on twitter along with CP which give's me hope there may be some truth in the Rumours.

Why hasn't Nash come out and denied the rumours if there is no truth to then on social media.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back