• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do hope, when all this is over and done with Tom Lawrence gets everything he deserves. Last week removing rust of the roof, tonight working under the lights on the pitch. Some man 👏👏👏
Not sure why some fans have given him slack and called him Ron’s puppet. They do not even know HALF of the things that he has done for the club. Nowhere near the puppet of Ron, just as tied as Kev is in terms of what he can do.

Indeed - we played there most of the time. I only played once at RH when we got slaughtered by the Cherokee, but I must have done something right as they then asked me to play for them. I believe the fee was 'undisclosed'.
Er - way off topic! Back to the matter in hand please

Sadly, football has made thousands of players multi Millionaires. Many over well over 100 Million. Putting a little bit back by helping lower league clubs in trouble with what would be loose change to them, never even comes into their minds.

Not sure exactly on the rules around that, however Harry Kane, to his credit, helps Leyton Orient.

Football Clubs shouldn’t have to rely on the top stars putting money back into the lower leagues to keep them afloat, same as we shouldn’t have to rely on multi-millionaire owners, but unfortunately we do.

Plenty of footballers help out charities and other things, especially Jack Grealish, who has just donated £5k to a Birmingham City fans gofundme page. However, these things aren’t reported anywhere near enough, however a picture of Jack Grealish drunk during the off season will do.

By posting this, I am not sharing any knowledge of of an offer that has, may have or has not been made. But, just because he has advertised what he wants on the official website last week, does not mean, any of the interested parties are going to offer it.

It’s like when you go and buy a house, 9 out of 10 times you’re bidding less than it’s on RightMove for. Will request a discount because you’re a cash buyer or can complete quickly etc. From my understanding it’s not much different in this situation.

The buyer (any buyer) will value it at what they see fit and simply put the value to a buyer is different to what it is to the seller.

By posting this, I am not sharing any knowledge of of an offer that has, may have or has not been made. But, just because he has advertised what he wants on the official website last week, does not mean, any of the interested parties are going to offer it.

It’s like when you go and buy a house, 9 out of 10 times you’re bidding less than it’s on RightMove for. Will request a discount because you’re a cash buyer or can complete quickly etc. From my understanding it’s not much different in this situation.

The buyer (any buyer) will value it at what they see fit and simply put the value to a buyer is different to what it is to the seller.
Can we expect any news this week...in your opinion?

Not sure exactly on the rules around that, however Harry Kane, to his credit, helps Leyton Orient.

Football Clubs shouldn’t have to rely on the top stars putting money back into the lower leagues to keep them afloat, same as we shouldn’t have to rely on multi-millionaire owners, but unfortunately we do.

Plenty of footballers help out charities and other things, especially Jack Grealish, who has just donated £5k to a Birmingham City fans gofundme page. However, these things aren’t reported anywhere near enough, however a picture of Jack Grealish drunk during the off season will do.

That's true. Players can do what they like with their own money of course, but I often wonder whether they remember and respect their roots.

To take a famous example of a player from the lower leagues catapulted to Premiership success and riches, does Jamie Vardy send a few grand to Stockbridge, Halifax and Fleetwood who rescued his career after being cast aside by Sheffield Wednesday?

In normal practise yes but we are dealing with RM here. Kimura leaked the 95% complete to the newspaper and look how that turned out for them. If anyone wants the club they will have to pay what he wants or we will have to start the season with a Sunday League sized squad or won't exist soon.

In normal practise yes but we are dealing with RM here. Kimura leaked the 95% complete to the newspaper and look how that turned out for them. If anyone wants the club they will have to pay what he wants or we will have to start the season with a Sunday League sized squad or won't exist soon.

The 11th hour and 59th minute is a lot sooner than the start of the season. Regarding leaking of anything I don’t know about that. But I would also suggest you could say the same about goal posts changing. On a daily basis.

So an offer hasn’t been accepted yet by RM as the new group are trying to get it slightly cheaper?

So an offer hasn’t been accepted yet by RM as the new group are trying to get it slightly cheaper?
“By posting this, I am not sharing any knowledge of of an offer that has, may have or has not been made. But, just because he has advertised what he wants on the official website last week, does not mean, any of the interested parties are going to offer it.”

Is very clear.

That's true. Players can do what they like with their own money of course, but I often wonder whether they remember and respect their roots.

To take a famous example of a player from the lower leagues catapulted to Premiership success and riches, does Jamie Vardy send a few grand to Stockbridge, Halifax and Fleetwood who rescued his career after being cast aside by Sheffield Wednesday?

Why should he?. I went potato picking when I was 4 with my mum. Now I can afford Asda but I have never bothered sending a few quid to that farmer.

Often the precise financials are last minute once the shape of the deal is finalised, so I wouldn’t necessarily read too much into any ambiguity over the final cost at this stage.

If there are still things being negotiated there is scope for the costs to change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back