• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
The 11th hour and 59th minute is a lot sooner than the start of the season. Regarding leaking of anything I don’t know about that. But I would also suggest you could say the same about goal posts changing. On a daily basis.
In the last photo I saw of Roots Hall the goal posts, at the south end, were flat on the ground. Is that a cause for worry?

Often the precise financials are last minute once the shape of the deal is finalised, so I wouldn’t necessarily read too much into any ambiguity over the final cost at this stage.

If there are still things being negotiated there is scope for the costs to change.
I agree with your post, if we were dealing with a normal person and not our glorious leader who has probably booked a two week holiday in Barbados and not told anyone (this would not surprise me one bit).

Even though the deal seems simpler now Fossetts has been removed, there are still plenty of moving parts which are all going to be part of the negotiation. An example of this is Roots Hall - say Ron says he wants £4.5m but it can be paid for over three years. The buyers may say we’re able to pay up front but because you’re getting cash up front we want a discount. Same could be true of the training ground etc.

A question for @CRATE - you say that the 11th hour and 59th minute are before the start of the season. Can you be more precise about this please? Is D-Day this Friday, Saturday (1 week before the season starts) or the end of July?

Sharing that is surely not commercially sensitive information about the deal but gives us context for the timescales that both sides will be working to.

Even though the deal seems simpler now Fossetts has been removed, there are still plenty of moving parts which are all going to be part of the negotiation. An example of this is Roots Hall - say Ron says he wants £4.5m but it can be paid for over three years. The buyers may say we’re able to pay up front but because you’re getting cash up front we want a discount. Same could be true of the training ground etc.

A question for @CRATE - you say that the 11th hour and 59th minute are before the start of the season. Can you be more precise about this please? Is D-Day this Friday, Saturday (1 week before the season starts) or the end of July?

Sharing that is surely not commercially sensitive information about the deal but gives us context for the timescales that both sides will be working to.

In terms of dates, Murkey, not Murkey seems to be the man in the know 😬😂 @Sudbury_Shrimpers

@CRATE may have heard differently but if the football creditors get paid this week with the money that is sitting there waiting to be used for that purpose (although it would be very Ron Martin to smell an imminent sale and to hold off in case he can wriggle out of dipping into his own pocket at the last minute), then I'm under the impression that the NL is happy to align with the court deadline for the remaining threat to the club's licence - the HMRC debt.

By posting this, I am not sharing any knowledge of of an offer that has, may have or has not been made. But, just because he has advertised what he wants on the official website last week, does not mean, any of the interested parties are going to offer it.

It’s like when you go and buy a house, 9 out of 10 times you’re bidding less than it’s on RightMove for. Will request a discount because you’re a cash buyer or can complete quickly etc. From my understanding it’s not much different in this situation.

The buyer (any buyer) will value it at what they see fit and simply put the value to a buyer is different to what it is to the seller.
Thanks, that is what thought would be the case, I don’t blame them - as a buyer you always want to get a deal and as the seller you never want to accept the first offer.

What would RM prefer £4.5m over 3 years or for example £3.5m in 1 immediate payment, if I was the seller I would want the cash, as the buyer you would want shot of RM as quickly as possible. Win win.

So essentially all I'm getting from this is.. Ron's being a prick and we are never getting sold? Sweet
To be fair the offer publicly on the table looks fair and reasonable. The way to get this done was for the consortium to come out, announce their plans, officially offer that and then Ron wouldn’t have any room to manoeuvre.

Obviously they prefer to risk their hand negotiating with Ron in private without the fan base mobilised to pressure Ron into sticking to his word, and we all know what Ron will do in the shadows if you leave him there.

I’m not ITK here, but to me the consortium are playing a risky game, I would have thought 2/5 of them would have learnt that lesson already.

@CRATE may have heard differently but if the football creditors get paid this week with the money that is sitting there waiting to be used for that purpose (although it would be very Ron Martin to smell an imminent sale and to hold off in case he can wriggle out of dipping into his own pocket at the last minute), then I'm under the impression that the NL is happy to align with the court deadline for the remaining threat to the club's licence - the HMRC debt.
My understanding is, the football creditors, players and employees must all be paid for them NL to align.

To be fair the offer publicly on the table looks fair and reasonable. The way to get this done was for the consortium to come out, announce their plans, officially offer that and then Ron wouldn’t have any room to manoeuvre.

Obviously they prefer to risk their hand negotiating with Ron in private without the fan base mobilised to pressure Ron into sticking to his word, and we all know what Ron will do in the shadows if you leave him there.

I’m not ITK here, but to me the consortium are playing a risky game, I would have thought 2/5 of them would have learnt that lesson already.
I just cannot see anything happening. Looks pretty bleak

Reactions: Jai
Thanks, that is what thought would be the case, I don’t blame them - as a buyer you always want to get a deal and as the seller you never want to accept the first offer.

What would RM prefer £4.5m over 3 years or for example £3.5m in 1 immediate payment, if I was the seller I would want the cash, as the buyer you would want shot of RM as quickly as possible. Win win.
Most sensible post on SZ in terms of someone buying the club in days! Well done Sir.

I can suggest, that the 2 of the 5 you mention. 1 your not right about (if you’re saying who I’m 99% sure you’re saying). I can also say the NDA is in place if it relates to an offer to RM. And finally imagine 5 local people putting their head up in the parapet, for RM to carry on being RM and the local pressure they would feel under?

“By posting this, I am not sharing any knowledge of of an offer that has, may have or has not been made. But, just because he has advertised what he wants on the official website last week, does not mean, any of the interested parties are going to offer it.”

Is very clear.
I'd give up!

So essentially all I'm getting from this is.. Ron's being a prick and we are never getting sold?

Exactly this again

He’s still trying to bend over SUFC

WTF can we do

I personally think we should be lobbying the mp’s. They are the only people Ron seems to listen to.

@Shrimperstrust what the plan

I’m feeling this is out last stand and we need a brave heart moment to get the cretin out of our club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back