• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
All the superlatives being mentioned about Steve Nash are completely deserved. This guy is a true true legend in the basketball world and the sports world in general. A very business savvy man with plenty of contacts, and a nice guy to boot.

I really really really hope this can happen. Lets hope that Ron doesn't scare him off by acting like the tw*t we know he is
I had this recent exchange with a family member (who played college basketball in the States) ;

"Take it you've heard of Steve Nash?"
" Yep legend - why?"
"Rumours he may be buying Southend United"
" F**k off - he is big time - unfortunately a massive Spurs fan"
"He's got quite a back story"
"He views himself as a bit of a coach/manager - and a bit of a micro manager - a few NBA teams got fu*ked off with him. But his knowledge and career = outstanding. If he wants to do a Ryan Reynolds and use SUFC as a way of increasing his capital and paying less tax - I'm all for it!".

Im "nash-in" for it !

images

My wish for an owner isn’t to pour millions into transfers and wage bills like Wrexham but to invest in making us sustainable. Pay off some debts, buy the ground and training pitch to put us on an even footing and then sit back and let Kev and Stan and John Still work their magic. It’ll only cost £30m or so….

I’ve never mentioned Nash, either to confirm or deny anything.

Won’t be getting any names from me, as has been said on many occasions.
Hi mate, wasnt expecting you to name or deny. Just making the point that you are a trusted source and have already suggested that there are parties interested. The fact that Nash has been mentioned by some previously and again last night obvs people are curious. I respect your views and trust you as a source and was making that as a point more than expecting you to name names etc

My wish for an owner isn’t to pour millions into transfers and wage bills like Wrexham but to invest in making us sustainable. Pay off some debts, buy the ground and training pitch to put us on an even footing and then sit back and let Kev and Stan and John Still work their magic. It’ll only cost £30m or so….
I'd just add, someone who engages the club more with the community. This doesn't have to cost a lot, just a bit of commitment.

Call me a snob but I wouldn't wish us to be another Salford, apart from being in the EFL. They have a consortium of 7, one of whom has a 40% share and is, himself, worth approx $2.5bn. He also owns Valencia outright (obviously his priority). But I don't see Salford pulling up roses really. They've hardly knocked on the doors of the Championship at anytime. I don't see huge amounts being ploughed into them, and I expect their non-player expenses are quite low too considering the size of their ground and attendances.. I fully understand people who say "but anyone would be better than Ron" but I think we need to get this one right and not just accept "anyone". I live in hope

Peter Lim.

Under no circumstances would I ever want that man anywhere near our football club. I’d rather Ron stayed…. and I despise Ron.

Only problem with Steve Nash is if Levy was up to selling Spurs he'd be in like a shot. Like Smiffy says he ticks all the boxes. We can dream.

Levy doesn’t own Spurs, I don’t think. He’s just a figurehead. I think he owns a 30% stake IIRC. Some other group holds the majority

they said the same about Wrexham
Wrexham cost £2million to buy and about £3 million of losses in the first 2 seasons?

They will get this money back and profit with their USA friendlies & documentary.

Whoever buys us would pay £2million for the new training ground alone. Debts. New stadium or annual rent.

The investment is much more difficult because of the webs Ron has weaved.

Peter Lim.

Under no circumstances would I ever want that man anywhere near our football club. I’d rather Ron stayed…. and I despise Ron.

Levy doesn’t own Spurs, I don’t think. He’s just a figurehead. I think he owns a 30% stake IIRC. Some other group holds the majority
Think the guy who owns Spurs is Joe Lewis? Or his company Enic does. He’s a London born billionaire. Quite old now, in his 80’s I think..

You guys 😂😂 you honestly make me laugh

Just because somebody has a "net worth" doesn't mean they have that money in the bank

I saw someone quote that Rio Ferdinand is worth £75m

That includes everything he owns and is currently earning. Nowhere near rich enough to buy the club alone and turn us in to a promotion candidate.

He would have to sell half of his assets to make us competitive.

These quotes are only estimates from Google. They could be wildly incorrect.

It was even on the BBC national news.

I said this months ago on another thread. I don't have a problem with Wrexham but I do have a problem with the media coverage.
The media coverage given to Wrexham has shone a light on the whole division. I very much doubt we would have had as much national interest in our plight a couple of months back if Wrexham were still owned by their fans

The media coverage given to Wrexham has shone a light on the whole division. I very much doubt we would have had as much national interest in our plight a couple of months back if Wrexham were still owned by their fans
I agree @Jai - the profile of the National League has been massively heightened as a result of Wrexham. Must help us with a potential sale. Vanarama, the sponsors, must be delighted too!

I doubt 99% of the people that watch BBC news could name more than 2 other teams in the NL.

But that wasn't actually my point, my point was around the continuous fawning over a couple of slebs. Is is really that necessary?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back