• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
So perhaps the club is not being deliberately liquidated by Ron, under the noses of all us fools, then?
My genuine belief is rm is doing the absolute minimum now much less than previously

Whoever would want the club would need exceedingly deep pockets.

No sale has emerged.

Rm owns the land and is not going to fund the club for many more years

So without a buyer what else do you think he will do

I have absolutely no interest in having an argument on this I’ve just set out what I view as logical conclusions to our situation.

The last thing I want is a snarky back and forth as that helps nobody. I do however believe my point of view has some validity and worry for fans if I’m correct.

****Rm is literally refusing to pay for the upkeep of rh and relying on volunteers***

to me that ain’t a good sign of things to come

I can’t change reality. But I am allowed to point it out 😀

Last edited:
Liquidate the club and what would Ron gain if he did that .Can't see it happen And as for any take over it will go quite until the ink is dry on an agreement.

Liquidate the club and what would Ron gain if he did that .Can't see it happen And as for any take over it will go quite until the ink is dry on an agreement.

I do not believe he is genuine in his aims to sell the club. Think about it. A new owner would be operating at a huge loss until ff is built and even then they won’t own ff under his first offer. Who on earth would bite for that.

Now, you can allegedly own rh which is a massive opportunity but would require somebody who is willing to gamble again based on whether ff will ever get built. There’s very few people who want that hassle.

So if there’s no buyer what do you think happens next???

He owns ff and rh land. Unless the council refuse a future application from him or his son to build on it he can go ahead and build. the gov always over turn local councils sadly so he’s got options.

Or the council forces a purchase of the land from him

Or fans kick up enough of a fuss and protest at the sites everyday it becomes unviable to build

sadly that fact remains so from his perspective why would he continue funding the club? As I stated he’s now refusing to pay for the upkeep of rh and relying on local volunteers

Even if rm can’t afford to develop the sites his son is backed by those who can.

Once again I hope I’m wrong

Last edited:
He owns ff and rh land. Unless the council refuse a future application from him or his son to build on it he can go ahead and build. the gov always over turn local councils sadly so he’s got options.

Or the council forces a purchase of the land from him

Or fans kick up enough of a fuss and protest at the sites everyday it becomes unviable to build

sadly that fact remains so from his perspective why would he continue funding the club? As I stated he’s now refusing to pay for the upkeep of rh and relying on local volunteers

Even if rm can’t afford to develop the sites his son is backed by those who can.

Once again I hope I’m wrong

I do not believe he is genuine in his aims to sell the club. Think about it. A new owner would be operating at a huge loss until ff is built and even then they won’t own ff under his first offer. Who on earth would bite for that.

Now, you can allegedly own rh which is a massive opportunity but would require somebody who is willing to gamble again based on whether ff will ever get built. There’s very few people who want that hassle.

So if there’s no buyer what do you think happens next???
You’re full of beans you aren’t you.

It has been said that he is going to pay the staff some or all there wages .Either tomorrow or in the week So the worm has finally turned. And I believe the consortium will be making an offer this week .

It has been said that he is going to pay the staff some or all their wages .Either tomorrow or in the week So the worm has finally turned. And I believe the consortium will be making an offer this week .
Great. I hope he accepts the offer. And the consortium understand just how much money is needed to properly run the club.

And I hope for the sake of fans they don’t see it as a money maker and shut fans out again. Etc etc

Is Carl involved?? He seems even more annoyed that planning controls exist than rm

Last edited:
Great. I hope he accepts the offer. And the consortium understand just how much money is needed to properly run the club.
As you say, no need for arguments on your opinion, but FF is not included in the offer of sale so any rights to build on Roots Hall will belong to the new owners, as will planning permission already awarded by SCC. As for your assertion about no buyer, there will be, as Ron Martin is not in a financial position not to sell and there are parties very willing to buy, but time will tell how it works out and how long it takes.

By the way, some involved in a bid have done pretty deep Those words are banned and others already have a very good insight into the running of the Club, so they will be well aware of what the running costs will be.

Nope But when He went to court to ask for a large sum To pay off the debts so the club can play in the national league this season. Also he told the judge that the clubs problems are coming to an end .

It has been said that he is going to pay the staff some or all there wages .Either tomorrow or in the week So the worm has finally turned. And I believe the consortium will be making an offer this week .
Been very quiet of late with rumours etc so we don’t know what’s happening they could of already put in a bid for all we know

As you say, no need for arguments on your opinion, but FF is not included in the offer of sale so any rights to build on Roots Hall will belong to the new owners, as will planning permission already awarded by SCC. As for your assertion about no buyer, there will be, as Ron Martin is not in a financial position not to sell and there are parties very willing to buy, but time will tell how it works out and how long it takes.

By the way, some involved in a bid have done pretty deep Those words are banned and others already have a very good insight into the running of the Club, so they will be well aware of what the running costs will be.
My point on buying rh

~~~ is Martin saying to them he’s building ff stadium so they will be able to build flats and turn a profit on rh?

And why would they trust him

I disagree on rm’s financial position. I believe he’s run out of fs to give about the club not the funds.

And surely if he’s flat broke he’d be looking to offset ff and rh for a nice payout .

But he’s not and his son will be developing the flats at ff.

And I hope whoever owns the club receives scrutiny. Fans need to be vigilant no matter who’s in control

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back