• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s clear RM is manoeuvring to make sure the club retains its NL status. Nothing wrong with that at this stage. It also strongly suggests that he is ready to do the deal in the next few days and put this to bed (for a year or two at least).

So why do I keep thinking we are becoming triumphant with the age-old maxim of hope over expectation?

My point on buying rh

~~~ is Martin saying to them he’s building ff stadium so they will be able to build flats and turn a profit on rh?

And why would they trust him

I disagree on rm’s financial position. I believe he’s run out of fs to give about the club not the funds.

And surely if he’s flat broke he’d be looking to offset ff and rh for a nice payout .

But he’s not and his son will be developing the flats at ff.

And I hope whoever owns the club receives scrutiny. Fans need to be vigilant no matter who’s in control
It may be that after the sale of Roots Hall the buyers may continue negotiations to buy a new stadium at FF, but they could also decide to build a new stadium elsewhere or redevelop Roots Hall for an extension of life for the old lady.. Either way, that's for the future now. On the suitability front, any new bidder now has to pass the FA's Fit and Proper owners test before they could take over the Club.

For the purposes of the sale going ahead, Ron does not have the funds to continue financing the Club, so he has to sell. I don't know whether he has access to other funding but one thing's for sure, nobody will lend him anything.

These are the facts as we know them, so, by all means have your own views on the Club's future, but without any firm evidence/facts to back up those opinions, then they don't carry any substance for me.

Drove past the new training ground today and sure there was a set of goals in place on the middle pitch. Anyone know how long they’ve been in place

It may be that after the sale of Roots Hall the buyers may continue negotiations to buy a new stadium at FF, but they could also decide to build a new stadium elsewhere or redevelop Roots Hall for an extension of life for the old lady.. Either way, that's for the future now. On the suitability front, any new bidder now has to pass the FA's Fit and Proper owners test before they could take over the Club.

For the purposes of the sale going ahead, Ron does not have the funds to continue financing the Club, so he has to sell. I don't know whether he has access to other funding but one thing's for sure, nobody will lend him anything.

These are the facts as we know them, so, by all means have your own views on the Club's future, but without any firm evidence/facts to back up those opinions, then they don't carry any substance for me.
One question

If rm doesn’t have the funds to carry on funding the club, how will he build the flats at ff and the stadium?

Or is that all his son?

I believe he has got the funds but he can’t be bothered . Neither of us have seen his bank account

One question

If rm doesn’t have the funds to carry on funding the club, how will he build the flats at ff and the stadium?

Or is that all his son?

I believe he has got the funds but he can’t be bothered . Neither of us have seen his bank account
Ron Martin is a property developer. In this instance, he owns Fossetts Farm, but the development and build will be undertaken by His development backers,

The driving force behind the project is Citizen Housing, set up in 2018, fronted by Jack Martin - son of Blues’ chairman Ron Martin. Citizen Housing is a 50/50 joint venture between Lenrose Housing and Allied Commercial Exporters, which is the UK investment vehicle of the property tycoons, the Dellal Family. This is where the financial muscle comes from, and Ron will benefit on profit sharing of sales of the houses built.

My point on buying rh

~~~ is Martin saying to them he’s building ff stadium so they will be able to build flats and turn a profit on rh?

And why would they trust him

I disagree on rm’s financial position. I believe he’s run out of fs to give about the club not the funds.

And surely if he’s flat broke he’d be looking to offset ff and rh for a nice payout .

But he’s not and his son will be developing the flats at ff.

And I hope whoever owns the club receives scrutiny. Fans need to be vigilant no matter who’s in control
he has not even got planing for a stadium as yet So for the time being he aint building sweet F A

But Roots Hall is also earmarked for a major housing development as well so why would RM give this up ? Surely he will make any sale contingent on also moving to FF where he will own the stadium and charge rent. He will sell RH for £1 to allow the club to continue whilst FF is built.

I can’t see a situation where he sells the club including RH and allows the club to remain there.

But Roots Hall is also earmarked for a major housing development as well so why would RM give this up ? Surely he will make any sale contingent on also moving to FF where he will own the stadium and charge rent. He will sell RH for £1 to allow the club to continue whist FF is built.

in can’t see a situation where he sells the club including RH and allows the club to remain there.
The Hall has SCC planning permission to build housing only if Southend United are first rehoused in a stadium at Fossetts Farm. Should the buyers of the Club decide they don't want a new stadium at Fossetts, then that is their choice. Moving to Fossetts is not a conditional part of the sale bundle on offer.

But Roots Hall is also earmarked for a major housing development as well so why would RM give this up ? Surely he will make any sale contingent on also moving to FF where he will own the stadium and charge rent. He will sell RH for £1 to allow the club to continue whilst FF is built.

I can’t see a situation where he sells the club including RH and allows the club to remain there.
Hopefully his plan is to build more flats at FF on the site earmarked for the stadium and cut all ties with the club. Makes for a more simple deal for everyone.

He cant build on F F as he has not got planing for it .And correct me if i am wrong .Did the council not say they cant build anything on the hall untill southend are playing in F F .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back