• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
You tell me! Who knows what goes on in that man’s head. I just say tho, his recent activities seem (on the outside) positive. God knows what actually goes on, in his head tho!
Maybe something has finally clicked in his head? I think he's finally realised hes GOING to sell the club so he needs to clear up his **** and go.

Can I just say, you have made my life so much better. Your updates in particular have been so crucial to my life. You’re the best person ever and you deserve the best for now and the future. Thank you so so much 🙏
Nicely put Josh, @CRATE I’d like to say your updates recently have boosted my positivity too, let’s hope the penny’s finally dropped for Ron and he’ll be gone soon.

@Joshy boy Talking from personal experience, try to take a step back and don’t absorb yourself in the SUFC drama 24/7. It’s not good for anyone’s mental health and I’ve seen you comment on here more than most recently. Ultimately, we can protest but are limited in what we can control.

Nicely put Josh, @CRATE I’d like to say your updates recently have boosted my positivity too, let’s hope the penny’s finally dropped for Ron and he’ll be gone soon.

@Joshy boy Talking from personal experience, try to take a step back and don’t absorb yourself in the SUFC drama 24/7. It’s not good for anyone’s mental health and I’ve seen you comment on here more than most recently. Ultimately, we can protest but are limited in what we can control.
Definitely this if he's being serious by the 'made life so much better' comment, SUFC is a massive part of everyone's life but if it is genuinely making a impact on your life for the worse, it is definitely best to log off for a bit and distract yourself with something else for a little.

Literally spat my tea out.

Sorry, I don't mean any disrespect by that.

So, for the record -

I am not RM, have never met him or even spoken to him. I emailed him once about 15 years ago, got a response inviting me in for a chat, emailed him back and heard nothing further. I emailed him recently when we all did and got a response from the secretary. So I am neither his puppet nor his secretary.

I don't know that it accurately reflects just RM's position, but it possibly reflects "the" position.

Am I ITK, am I close to this group of businessmen? No. I haven't a scooby who they are. I know some things, but not in relation to this.

But thank you for the compliment on my well crafted message. I try and make most of my messages sensible, try never to criticise or ridicule posters, judge or anything like that (despite it being so hard sometimes!) and logic is the basis for my arguments. I have been here long enough for the more established posters (and there are plenty that do know me personally) to realise that I don't post nonsense or abuse and almost all of my arguments are logic based. I am more than happy to be proved wrong on pretty much everything but not just because someone says so; they will have to show me that either I'm incorrect by producing evidence or a solid argument presenting the other side that I will be happy to debate with them about.

But I think the main thing is that I have been involved in a previous career with a company that did go under, so I have acute personal knowledge of what someone goes through in that position. I have spent months banging my head against a brick wall trying to tell people that Ron and SUFC are two different legal entities and it literally isn't as simple as "Pay the money". In the past I have been accused of being a Ron fanboy but I never have been; however I have been able to empathise and really don't see him as the Devil Incarnate most do on here. I think he has tried to do the right thing, build a new stadium, I think he probably does love the club (the fans, not so much) and if he was going to let it die he could have done so years and many millions ago.

However, he's now in too deep and any wrong move by him could mean the club would collapse. Not on the same scale, but I have been there. Sometimes you just have to let things play out.

I personally can't see any other logical solution for the current situation than the one I posted.

As fans, we now have to show how much the club means to us - in my opinion - by helping him out the door and welcoming the new owners in as opposed to pushing him off the cliff and hoping.

He is going to be around for a while in the background - he has to be - so accept it, deal with it and ignore him. Focus on what we can do for the team.

And, let's face it, if the deal collapses it will do anyway, regardless of whether we attend or not. However, I just think the best way of trying to get the new guys in is to give them a taste of what they'll be getting by way of support. This may make all the difference to their views. If they know they will have an average 7000 home fans per game, they will want to see that for real.

So let's show them.
I think what I would be interested in is - what does the consortium want us to do?

They are in a better place than most (all?) of us to understand whether buying tickets and/or season ticket at this point is a good thing.

I would like to think that this question has been asked by the trust/ supporter groups/ Crate, whoever is in direct dialogue , and if not it should be asked.

My assumption is that it has been asked and the reply is ‘boycott “. At the same time I totally understand that if this was the response then it won’t be posted on here for Ron to see as it
would ( I assume) make him even more difficult to deal with.

If the question is asked and they actually want us to buy tickets,then this needs to be explained to the Trust etc pdq so they can consider the current recommendation.

Last edited:
I would like to think so too. Unfortunately I also believe it’s the sort of result that will not go unnoticed by owners of other clubs when they need a new manager/head coach.
I very much doubt that anyone will need convincing of our management teams abilities or loyalty regardless of a 4-1 win at Bishops Stortford. I'm pretty sure they will have already been approached by numerous clubs. They're going nowhere at the moment.

Erm, all the personal thanks, I appreciate them but really not necessary. I’m doing my bit as a fan annd someone who understands commercials within sport due to my day to day role. I know every other Southend fan, or probably any other football fan would do. No one wants to see a football club die.

Regarding being able to ask direct Qs. To be honest, the only person who direct Qs should be getting asked to is RM. His behaviour since announcing the sale in March has been ridiculous.

The fact are, this could have been well and truly done by now. Had the terms of an agreement not changed 40x since the start of negotiations we would of started pre season out of a embargo, signing new players and be really looking forward to the season.

We’ve missed out on some great players at this level due to this.

There are some things I think all SUFC fans will be disgusted by. By a few different people, which once all done and dusted will certainly come out I’m sure.

It’s been a difficult 48 hours as I’ve taken pelters and received some pure abuse (I’m very thick skinned). I know, as I’ve said many people won’t be happy that it’s me trying to help, and some will have doubts. But all I’m trying to do is help!

I’m unsure how much more can happen after me saying it will for people to listen… but I’ll continue to update what I can when I can! The people behind the consortium want to make it a fans club, with an involvement in the day to day and so much more. It would be such a great thing for us!

As I’ve said many times, read between the lines, keep the faith and no Sam Mattaface I’m not buying a football club!

I totally agree with what’s been said here. At the end of the day there are things going on that are totally out of our control . You can control many things but not those outside of your control .. if you know what I mean 😭

Guessing it has gone so quiet as things are progressing. On the Twitter spaces last week we was told when something was going on all sources would stop saying anything. Becomes so much more difficult when we aren’t getting any info at all even though positive steps are happening (paying off football debts, staff getting paid this week etc)

Guessing it has gone so quiet as things are progressing. On the Twitter spaces last week we was told when something was going on all sources would stop saying anything. Becomes so much more difficult when we aren’t getting any info at all even though positive steps are happening (paying off football debts, staff getting paid this week etc)
I suppose the inevitable is happening after all the drama.
Like most years.
Staff end up being paid
We carry on.
same old same old just more drama this year with the ‘sale’ of the club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back