• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have we heard anymore about the players that handed in their notice in early July after June's wages weren't paid? I'm hoping that the club rectified the late payment quickly enough that it wouldn't be considered a breach of contract - but be good to have some confirmation either way.
Mooney and lomas are looking to leave. Both have handed in requests I believe. Lomas partly due to the distances coming in. Powell originally was ready to put in a request but changed his mind,
Common practice to state they have injuries while not avsilable.

Mooney and lomas are looking to leave. Both have handed in requests I believe. Lomas partly due to the distances coming in. Powell originally was ready to put in a request but changed his mind,
Common practice to state they have injuries while not avsilable.

I thought the original rumour was 9 players put notice in. Is it just Lomas and Mooney? Have they had a tribunal to decide if contract is breached?

Only misses out on talking about the faithful support of staff, management and players during this period of crisis.
Yep, yogi it's a decent article taking up all of page 87 in the print version, apart from the bit about relegations taking us to the NL "Martin was not to blame for all of that". Pah!!!

The last 2 paragraphs pretty well sum the situation up
"Who knows if escape comes this time? Who knows if new owners will pay the asking price or what they will be like if they do? Who knows what will happen this season? Whoever knows anything here?
Southend have no monopoly on sob stories or decay. But they are sick of their grim cycle, spinning around the plughole hoping to avoid the irrevocable fall into the abyss."

Just trawled through the last 50 pages in this thread and this post stood out. This whole process has taken a lot out of all of us and maybe we should all try to take a moment to remember that we're all suffering but that whilst we might not agree on absolutely everything we're all Shrimpers and none of us are to blame for what's happening.

I hope you're feeling better a couple of days later.
Thanks for your thoughts Beefy. Yes, I am feeling better. I got off the rollercoaster for a short time to recover, that was needed. Now, with a new glimmer of hope following Friday's news; an Essex win this morning; A Blues win this afternoon; The location of another 'super striker!' :Winking: I'm back on board, waiting to be buffetted again.

Let's hope after today's win .know matter who it against. It will encourage and prospective buyer that with the mighty Kevin still in charge. The club really is worth investing in

If special permission is currently required to make various payments does that mean RM can’t take any money out without permission so the not buying a season ticket ‘cos I’m not putting another penny in that man’s pocket’ is not a valid argument as for now it can only be used for football costs (then HMRC/WUP debt repayment ?). I haven’t bought a seaso but I’m grappling with the decision. I think we’re all going to have to as it looks like regime change may not happen before the start of the season.

If special permission is currently required to make various payments does that mean RM can’t take any money out without permission so the not buying a season ticket ‘cos I’m not putting another penny in that man’s pocket’ is not a valid argument as for now it can only be used for football costs (then HMRC/WUP debt repayment ?). I haven’t bought a seaso but I’m grappling with the decision. I think we’re all going to have to as it looks like regime change may not happen before the start of the season.
If there could be some sort of official statement that this would be the case. That it would go to getting the club out of a big hole and not into Ron’s pockets then I would also reconsider. Currently holding back on 3 season tickets. For me if the trust could confirm this was the case and put it in writing then it would be good enough for me. Currently too much reading between the lines to know for sure

Will be interesting to see next steps on the money. Paying creditors approved by the court to meet NL requirements, but can we continue to incur new costs while insolvent as was stated in court? Even paying for postage for example for tickets being sent out before settling WUP? Would be good to hear from someone who knows these processes

That's my view as well... see post 18162 a few pages back

That's my view as well... see post 18162 a few pages back
Will be interesting to see next steps on the money. Paying creditors approved by the court to meet NL requirements, but can we continue to incur new costs while insolvent as was stated in court? Even paying for postage for example for tickets being sent out before settling WUP? Would be good to hear from someone who knows these processes
It is possible to continue to trade after the presentation of a winding up petition however without court approval payments from the club’s bank accounts can be voided if the club is wound up in which case the club’s directors and the recipients of any payments can be personally liable. This is why the club are seeking validation orders from the court.

I should add that if the club’s bank accounts are frozen then without a validation order the bank is unlikely to process any payments.

All credit to the 3 amigos and boys today for a deserved win after such a horrible pre season period. Yes it was on paper the result it should be but given what's going on the obvious commitment and desire to perform for Southend United has to be acknowledge. I know many feel unable to attend Roots Hall whilst RM has any association with the club, I can see your point of view and obviously this is your perogative to do so as you see fit. I just can't help but feel that if we do start the season that for the Management, players and staff they deserve as many there as possible against Oldham in an open show of thanks and support that would mean so much to them delivered in the most appropriate and relatable way. As I say this is just a personal point of view and is no way intended as criticism of those who do not feel the same way let us all just hope that events occur quickly and positively and on the opening day we have a buzzing Roots Hall, UTB!

Okay so sorry but I can't bring myself to scroll through the whole thread. Is there any actual update on any kind of take over?

Or are we just ****ed?

I would like to think that any new prospective buyers. Would have seen despite having a skeleton squad. That today's game may encourage them to invest in the club

Reactions: TJC
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back