• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
FBM is Ron?? 😂😂😂. Funniest thing i’ve heard in months. Is this true Mark? You’re Ron in disguise? 🤔😂😂 @fbm

• Haha
Reactions: fbm
Could it have been refrozen after the further adjournment as the debt hadn't been paid (or something other event, possibly unrelated to the WUP but to do with insolvency)?
I very much doubt it would have been re frozen following the adjournment or shall I say if the judge who agreed to the adjournment had re frozen the account it would have been stated at the adjournment hearing .

The other day when administration was mentioned I talked about a CVA and yes it is an Insolvency event and carries a points deduction for all intents and purposes it sweeps up all the debts into one easy payment and leaves the company in the control of its shareholders. Bearing in mind RH / training ground aren’t assets to sell and RM holds a charge over everything then once football creditors are paid an NL membership is assured and if RM is going to write off his loans then it’s the perfect way forward for new owners

I'm not sure who you are, but this is a very well crafted message. The information you have provided can only be from someone ITK and maybe accurately reflects RM's position and almost as if written by RM. However, the logic is sound in my view but you need to understand the natural cynicism of us fans who have been promised so much on so many occasions in the past.
I can vouch for him ,a very honest gentleman ,have done business with him

Assuming we get the first game on and I'm increasingly confident we will and also believe we might even be far closer to having new owners by then, I think there needs to be some acknowledgment of all the staff who have put up with crap and bust a gut to make it happen from TL down. I'd love a lap of honour or at least an announcement that we could respond to to show our support. If the club didn't arrange we could certainly self arrange a show of appreciation at a certain time in the game.

I very much doubt it would have been re frozen following the adjournment or shall I say if the judge who agreed to the adjournment had re frozen the account it would have been stated at the adjournment hearing .

The other day when administration was mentioned I talked about a CVA and yes it is an Insolvency event and carries a points deduction for all intents and purposes it sweeps up all the debts into one easy payment and leaves the company in the control of its shareholders. Bearing in mind RH / training ground aren’t assets to sell and RM holds a charge over everything then once football creditors are paid an NL membership is assured and if RM is going to write off his loans then it’s the perfect way forward for new owners
Hmmm...

Literally spat my tea out.

Sorry, I don't mean any disrespect by that.

So, for the record -

I am not RM, have never met him or even spoken to him. I emailed him once about 15 years ago, got a response inviting me in for a chat, emailed him back and heard nothing further. I emailed him recently when we all did and got a response from the secretary. So I am neither his puppet nor his secretary.

I don't know that it accurately reflects just RM's position, but it possibly reflects "the" position.

Am I ITK, am I close to this group of businessmen? No. I haven't a scooby who they are. I know some things, but not in relation to this.

But thank you for the compliment on my well crafted message. I try and make most of my messages sensible, try never to criticise or ridicule posters, judge or anything like that (despite it being so hard sometimes!) and logic is the basis for my arguments. I have been here long enough for the more established posters (and there are plenty that do know me personally) to realise that I don't post nonsense or abuse and almost all of my arguments are logic based. I am more than happy to be proved wrong on pretty much everything but not just because someone says so; they will have to show me that either I'm incorrect by producing evidence or a solid argument presenting the other side that I will be happy to debate with them about.

But I think the main thing is that I have been involved in a previous career with a company that did go under, so I have acute personal knowledge of what someone goes through in that position. I have spent months banging my head against a brick wall trying to tell people that Ron and SUFC are two different legal entities and it literally isn't as simple as "Pay the money". In the past I have been accused of being a Ron fanboy but I never have been; however I have been able to empathise and really don't see him as the Devil Incarnate most do on here. I think he has tried to do the right thing, build a new stadium, I think he probably does love the club (the fans, not so much) and if he was going to let it die he could have done so years and many millions ago.

However, he's now in too deep and any wrong move by him could mean the club would collapse. Not on the same scale, but I have been there. Sometimes you just have to let things play out.

I personally can't see any other logical solution for the current situation than the one I posted.

As fans, we now have to show how much the club means to us - in my opinion - by helping him out the door and welcoming the new owners in as opposed to pushing him off the cliff and hoping.

He is going to be around for a while in the background - he has to be - so accept it, deal with it and ignore him. Focus on what we can do for the team.

And, let's face it, if the deal collapses it will do anyway, regardless of whether we attend or not. However, I just think the best way of trying to get the new guys in is to give them a taste of what they'll be getting by way of support. This may make all the difference to their views. If they know they will have an average 7000 home fans per game, they will want to see that for real.

So let's show them.
Sounds like I owe you a cup of tea then

Just broke down a bit tonight and my wife responded by saying, "I didn't know it meant so much to you!":ROFL: I really just want the bloody thing over with. You can take just so many times of having your hopes raised, only to see them dashed 24 hours later.
Just trawled through the last 50 pages in this thread and this post stood out. This whole process has taken a lot out of all of us and maybe we should all try to take a moment to remember that we're all suffering but that whilst we might not agree on absolutely everything we're all Shrimpers and none of us are to blame for what's happening.

I hope you're feeling better a couple of days later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back