• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
The guy is working ridiculous hours a day and doing absolutely anything within his means to make the season happen.
If it helps the club he will try it. (Including things like managing to stop the water supply being cut off at RH)
I'm sure there are all sorts of regulations that apply that in private got slightly ignored but he's the reason the club still exists, and this happened. However, I'm certainly not insisting anyone believes my info. That's everyone's choice as is the view of what he should and shouldnt do , and I respect your view 👍

I think the comment of getting to first base is akin to how I look at it being a series of hurdles

It would seem that payment of football creditors wasn’t an option it had to happen but and here’s the big but being given permission to pay them at this point in time doesn’t mean they have been paid but there is absolutely no doubt this will have incensed HMRC.

Of course the primacy of football creditors is a fact but only when an Insolvency event has happened and save the comment that has been reported that “ The club is insolvent “ shouldn’t just be dismissed .It wont have been missed by HMRC and don’t be surprised if at the August hearing RM still holds the reigns other creditors seek to join the WUO because the payment of football creditors won’t go down well. It never does .

Getting everything in place for next Saturday is key. There is an incredible amount of administrative and organisation that needs to be put in place for a game but more so for the first home game. The hurdles that will be faced in the next week shouldn’t be underestimated but even if nexts weeks game takes place the hurdles will keep coming
I think if Ron were to go to court to enable something to happen, gets permission, and then spends the money on another helicopter flight - he’d probably be on a sticky wicket legally.

I'm not sure who you are, but this is a very well crafted message. The information you have provided can only be from someone ITK and maybe accurately reflects RM's position and almost as if written by RM. However, the logic is sound in my view but you need to understand the natural cynicism of us fans who have been promised so much on so many occasions in the past.
Literally spat my tea out.

Sorry, I don't mean any disrespect by that.

So, for the record -

I am not RM, have never met him or even spoken to him. I emailed him once about 15 years ago, got a response inviting me in for a chat, emailed him back and heard nothing further. I emailed him recently when we all did and got a response from the secretary. So I am neither his puppet nor his secretary.

I don't know that it accurately reflects just RM's position, but it possibly reflects "the" position.

Am I ITK, am I close to this group of businessmen? No. I haven't a scooby who they are. I know some things, but not in relation to this.

But thank you for the compliment on my well crafted message. I try and make most of my messages sensible, try never to criticise or ridicule posters, judge or anything like that (despite it being so hard sometimes!) and logic is the basis for my arguments. I have been here long enough for the more established posters (and there are plenty that do know me personally) to realise that I don't post nonsense or abuse and almost all of my arguments are logic based. I am more than happy to be proved wrong on pretty much everything but not just because someone says so; they will have to show me that I'm incorrect either by producing evidence or a solid argument presenting the other side that I will be happy to debate with them about.

But I think the main thing is that I have been involved in a previous career with a company that did go under, so I have acute personal knowledge of what someone goes through in that position. I have spent months banging my head against a brick wall trying to tell people that Ron and SUFC are two different legal entities and it literally isn't as simple as "Pay the money". In the past I have been accused of being a Ron fanboy but I never have been; however I have been able to empathise and really don't see him as the Devil Incarnate most do on here. I think he has tried to do the right thing, build a new stadium, I think he probably does love the club (the fans, not so much) and if he was going to let it die he could have done so years and many millions ago.

However, he's now in too deep and any wrong move by him could mean the club would collapse. Not on the same scale, but I have been there. Sometimes you just have to let things play out.

I personally can't see any other logical solution for the current situation than the one I posted.

As fans, we now have to show how much the club means to us - in my opinion - by helping him out the door and welcoming the new owners in as opposed to pushing him off the cliff and hoping.

He is going to be around for a while in the background - he has to be - so accept it, deal with it and ignore him. Focus on what we can do for the team.

And, let's face it, if the deal collapses it will do anyway, regardless of whether we attend or not. However, I just think the best way of trying to get the new guys in is to give them a taste of what they'll be getting by way of support. This may make all the difference to their views. If they know they will have an average 7000 home fans per game, they will want to see that for real.

So let's show them.

Last edited:

So, for the record -

I am not RM, have never met him or even spoken to him. I emailed him once about 15 years ago, got a response inviting me in for a chat, emailed him back and heard nothing further. I emailed him recently when we all did and got a response from the secretary. So I am neither his puppet nor his secretary.

I don't know that it accurately reflects just RM's position, but it possibly reflects "the" position.

Am I ITK, am I close to this group of businessmen? No. I haven't a scooby who they are. I know some things, but not in relation to this.

But thank you for the compliment on my well crafted message. I try and make most of my messages sensible, try never to criticise or ridicule posters, judge or anything like that (despite it being so hard sometimes!) and logic is the basis for my arguments. I have been here long enough for the more established posters (and there are plenty that do know me personally) to realise that I don't post nonsense or abuse and almost all of my arguments are logic based. I am more than happy to be proved wrong on pretty much everything but not just because someone says so; they will have to show me that either I'm incorrect by producing evidence or a solid argument presenting the other side that I will be happy to debate with them about.

But I think the main thing is that I have been involved in a previous career with a company that did go under, so I have acute personal knowledge of what someone goes through in that position. I have spent months banging my head against a brick wall trying to tell people that Ron and SUFC are two different legal entities and it literally isn't as simple as "Pay the money". In the past I have been accused of being a Ron fanboy but I never have been; however I have been able to empathise and really don't see him as the Devil Incarnate most do on here. I think he has tried to do the right thing, build a new stadium, I think he probably does love the club (the fans, not so much) and if he was going to let it die he could have done so years and many millions ago.

However, he's now in too deep and any wrong move by him could mean the club would collapse. Not on the same scale, but I have been there. Sometimes you just have to let things play out.

I personally can't see any other logical solution for the current situation than the one I posted.

As fans, we now have to show how much the club means to us - in my opinion - by helping him out the door and welcoming the new owners in as opposed to pushing him off the cliff and hoping.

He is going to be around for a while in the background - he has to be - so accept it, deal with it and ignore him. Focus on what we can do for the team.

And, let's face it, if the deal collapses it will do anyway, regardless of whether we attend or not. However, I just think the best way of trying to get the new guys in is to give them a taste of what they'll be getting by way of support. This may make all the difference to their views. If they know they will have an average 7000 home fans per game, they will want to see that for real.

So let's show them.
Bloody RM Fanboys infesting The Zone. :Winking:

1000 season tickets at say an average of £300 equals £300k. Boom. Just like that

COME ON YOU BLUES!

so we have 300k - we can put into the club ... for what though ?

for RM to continue playing his brinkmanship "give me lots more quids" to buyers .

for it to slip down the side of his settee ...

not for me - never in any way .

Makes you wonder why none of this has been paid before doesn’t it. Even if some money has magically arrived from somewhere, the staff could of at least have been paid something, even if it was a month or two months salary.

I hope that 🐀’s pants are infested with the fleas of 1,000 camels.

A mate of mine used to say “ may the fleas of a thousand camels infest your scrotal region “.

The reason the call for the season ticket delay is still the same.. RM has not gone yet, anything could still happen and that was the whole point of it.
Not if Rons still in charge it won't. Won't be setting foot inside roots hall until he has gone
Your choice mate but Kevin & the team need all of us behind them at this time enjoy your afternoon listening to the radio COYB

So, for the record -

But thank you for the compliment on my well crafted message. I try and make most of my messages sensible, try never to criticise or ridicule posters, judge or anything like that (despite it being so hard sometimes!) and logic is the basis for my arguments. I have been here long enough for the more established posters (and there are plenty that do know me personally) to realise that I don't post nonsense or abuse and almost all of my arguments are logic based. I am more than happy to be proved wrong on pretty much everything but not just because someone says so; they will have to show me that either I'm incorrect by producing evidence or a solid argument presenting the other side that I will be happy to debate with them about.

So let's show them.
I certainly don’t agree with all of this, but brilliantly put.

I definitely do agree with getting to games and cheering on the team. Apart from anything - that’s why we do this.

The bank account is not frozen, the club just needs court approval to pay people that are not listed on the WUP first.

As you were.....
See there’s the thing.

This is what the echo said on the 5th of June

Today, Southend United has confirmed this was successful and a judge has ordered that “all restrictions” are to be listed.

However, despite the players and first team management receiving their pay for May, some of the house staff are still waiting to be paid for March and / or April.

A spokesman for Southend United said: “The application was successful, and players and first team management were paid their May salaries.

“However, we have not been able to pay other back of house staff, some of whom are still waiting to be paid March and/or April salaries.

“This is obviously an incredibly unsatisfactory position, and we are very sorry about the delay in making payments. Our staff have been patient and loyal, all those affected will be rewarded.

“By way of an update, at a further hearing earlier today, the Judge
ordered that all restrictions on our bank account be lifted. This will enable the business to continue to function pending the takeover.

“On July 12, the winding up petition will be back before the Court. In advance of that date, the club must pay the petition debt (due to HMRC) and the debt of those supporting the petition, we also need to bring staff salaries up to date.

“In relation to that, the club continue to explore financing options (as it did back in March when a substantial debt to HMRC was paid). In addition, the club remain in conversation with interested parties who would like to purchase the club. “

So yes there is generally an issue when it comes to paying creditors not included in any WUO the bank account was already unfrozen and authorised to pay players and other employees and whilst I am far from unsure about the comment the inference is that there weren’t any restrictions at all when it came to using the bank account.

There two things that now confuse matters for me

First has something else happened because the statement in court said , or is reported , stating the club is insolvent . Application for say a CVA brings with it almost a moratorium and second RM as an official of SUFC has entered into an agreement to settle a debt that isn’t preferential in preference to another creditor( HMRC) that holds higher preference

See there’s the thing.

This is what the echo said on the 5th of June

Today, Southend United has confirmed this was successful and a judge has ordered that “all restrictions” are to be listed.

However, despite the players and first team management receiving their pay for May, some of the house staff are still waiting to be paid for March and / or April.

A spokesman for Southend United said: “The application was successful, and players and first team management were paid their May salaries.

“However, we have not been able to pay other back of house staff, some of whom are still waiting to be paid March and/or April salaries.

“This is obviously an incredibly unsatisfactory position, and we are very sorry about the delay in making payments. Our staff have been patient and loyal, all those affected will be rewarded.

“By way of an update, at a further hearing earlier today, the Judge
ordered that all restrictions on our bank account be lifted. This will enable the business to continue to function pending the takeover.

“On July 12, the winding up petition will be back before the Court. In advance of that date, the club must pay the petition debt (due to HMRC) and the debt of those supporting the petition, we also need to bring staff salaries up to date.

“In relation to that, the club continue to explore financing options (as it did back in March when a substantial debt to HMRC was paid). In addition, the club remain in conversation with interested parties who would like to purchase the club. “

So yes there is generally an issue when it comes to paying creditors not included in any WUO the bank account was already unfrozen and authorised to pay players and other employees and whilst I am far from unsure about the comment the inference is that there weren’t any restrictions at all when it came to using the bank account.

There two things that now confuse matters for me

First has something else happened because the statement in court said , or is reported , stating the club is insolvent . Application for say a CVA brings with it almost a moratorium and second RM as an official of SUFC has entered into an agreement to settle a debt that isn’t preferential in preference to another creditor( HMRC) that holds higher preference
Could it have been refrozen after the further adjournment as the debt hadn't been paid (or some other event, possibly unrelated to the WUP but to do with insolvency)?

Last edited:
Have we heard anymore about the players that handed in their notice in early July after June's wages weren't paid? I'm hoping that the club rectified the late payment quickly enough that it wouldn't be considered a breach of contract - but be good to have some confirmation either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back