• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think anybody hoping for a take over in the coming days has unrealistic expectations. I'd love to be proven wrong, of course. The most important things for me are that we secure our NL participation, we pay off HMRC and add to our squad and we get new ownership with the right buyers.

We probably still need to affect payment of wages and secure the safety certificate for RH to even get to first base.
Yes and first base isn’t a given. I’d say making sure we have a league/ground to play in, the ability to bring in players and HMRC and NL happy (happier!) will be the overriding priority over the next week. Unveiling of new owners can wait! It’s pretty clear what needs to happen let’s just hope it does 🤞🏻

I think the comment of getting to first base is akin to how I look at it being a series of hurdles

It would seem that payment of football creditors wasn’t an option it had to happen but and here’s the big but being given permission to pay them at this point in time doesn’t mean they have been paid but there is absolutely no doubt this will have incensed HMRC.

Of course the primacy of football creditors is a fact but only when an Insolvency event has happened and save the comment that has been reported that “ The club is insolvent “ shouldn’t just be dismissed .It wont have been missed by HMRC and don’t be surprised if at the August hearing RM still holds the reigns other creditors seek to join the WUO because the payment of football creditors won’t go down well. It never does .

Getting everything in place for next Saturday is key. There is an incredible amount of administrative and organisation that needs to be put in place for a game but more so for the first home game. The hurdles that will be faced in the next week shouldn’t be underestimated but even if nexts weeks game takes place the hurdles will keep coming
We’ve two weeks to the first game, hopefully the time will be positively spent. Utbs.

But haven't the circumstances changed though? Ron won't be gone completely for a while and it's clear the money won't be lining his pockets.
We hope things are progressing forward but nothing is set in stone yet. As far as lining RM's pockets,he is still in charge of the finances at the club so that cannot be ruled out at all.

Probably had his club credit card payed first. :Winking:

Taking any pressure off RM at the moment is the last thing we should be thinking of.

We hope things are progressing forward but nothing is set in stone yet. As far as lining RM's pockets,he is still in charge of the finances at the club so that cannot be ruled out at all.

Probably had his club credit card payed first.
Would the court have approved that though? At the moment, don't all payments have to be approved as the club is trading insolvently (unless I misunderstood the article).

Ron may be in charge technically, but a judge will still currently have to approve it as I understand it.

Things won't be set in stone yet or for some time I don't think.

Would the court have approved that though? At the moment, don't all payments have to be approved as the club is trading insolvently (unless I misunderstood the article).

Ron may be in charge technically, but a judge will still currently have to approve it as I understand it.

Things won't be set in stone yet or for some time I don't think.
Sorry Mark , but the courts have approved lots of things that RM has told them before that have actually changed since those meetings.

Personnaly i don't believe a word he says, maybe they do of course. IF they have control of every penny that leaves the club re payments thats a good thing if they monitor it.

Do they though?

And so it becomes clear why Ron just hasn't been able to just "Pay the wages"...

Everything here is being done to preserve the value of the club so it is able to be sold. This in my opinion is a good thing. If Ron was going to let it go, there would no point in him putting £2m in a few months back, applying for a 42 day adjournment and now this latest development.

We are going to get out of this bit by bit. The first hurdle - obviously - is to make sure there is a club for someone to buy. That is what is happening here, with the assistance of the Courts, thank goodness.

The next stage is to ensure the ground is ready for August 5th. It may not be, in which case I would imagine the Oldham game will be postponed. But that on it's own isn't disastrous. It's being worked on; another positive.

Next, the players. We have 14 registered and can sign 2 more on non contract terms. I'm not sure how injured Lomas and Mooney are as we are told they both want to go. Maybe there are ongoing talks to move them on, but that will result in incoming transfer fees (which will help) and meaning 4 non contract players can join. This won't change until the embargo is lifted.

So this is where things may start to improve... the club will have some more money coming in as the season starts with gate receipts etc. The bank accounts are currently frozen and being supervised by a Court, so anyone who is worried about putting money into Ron's pocket, you can't as he can't access it. To anyone who hasn't yet bought their season tickets, if you do so now you will be helping the club survive, not lining Ron's pockets.

The terms of sale won't change now (at least not in an upwards direction). If this group of businessmen buy, they already know what those terms are and for all we know may well have already accepted them. It's become clear that there is a lot of stuff that has gone on that we don't know about. Buying a football club takes months, it's not like buying a packet of cornflakes. It is not going to be completed any time soon, but if as fans we want to help - genuinely help - we need to stop focusing on the negative that is Ron Martin and start focusing on the positive that is Southend United. We need to help this sale go through. We need to show this consortium exactly what they are buying because believe me, these guys won't be in it because they are SUFC fans, they will at some point want a return and we need to show them that potential by now turning our attention to the new season. The fans have it in their power to get the club out of the embargo. 1000 season tickets at say an average of £300 equals £300k. Boom. Just like that.

The protests have obviously had an effect and the end for Ron is soon. As he said to a Court, "It is coming to an end." They must have previously been shown evidence of something concrete behind the scenes for these adjournments to be granted.

I think we are at a tipping point. Ron has the message. He clearly doesn't want to cling on but I'm not sure anything we can do will accelerate the sale; we will have to let it play out.

It be be a difficult start to the season for sure but, as long as someone buys, we will be ok. Of course, it may all still go Pete Tong but none of us can affect that. We can't make someone buy, we can only hope. And the sooner we get out of the embargo and get players in, the sooner the rebuild starts to happen. We have all been in awe at the loyalty of the management team, I'm sure.

So let's repay them. Let's show them what the club means to us by getting 100% behind them and the players.

COME ON YOU BLUES!
I'm not sure who you are, but this is a very well crafted message. The information you have provided can only be from someone ITK and maybe accurately reflects RM's position and almost as if written by RM. However, the logic is sound in my view but you need to understand the natural cynicism of us fans who have been promised so much on so many occasions in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back