• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Right so as an outsider looking in but with a vested interest, that has always lived in Essex but is a Liverpool fan here’s a genuine question.

If someone could come in now and stop the club going bust but wasn’t going to pump in millions to the club to try and win promotion straight away or build a new stadium but just wanted to save the club, would fans firstly be happy with that, secondly if so for how long before they forgot about Ron and started moaning about the lack of ambition of the new owner?
Is it you saving us @OLLI23 ? As a newcomer to the forum your question yesterday about someone saving the club but not putting money in to make us competitive looks uncanny !

In addition to the hardship fund, do the trust have other funds that could pay the staff their missing wages? @jphfitz ? We could then continue the fundraising into the season - for example I’d be prepared to pay £100 a month for a few months to the Trust. If others did too we could replace the Trusts funds? Just a thought
Hi, We are committed to pay further hardship payments out of the coffers if we need to for sure. Nothing will be going through the football club though so it’s not wages per se.

With the comedy night, Sam Duckworths gig and various fundraisers we will be surpassing £30k comfortably.

The situation is evolving so quickly, so we need to get the balance right with other eventualities which we don’t really want to think about but absolutely any ideas to help the staff that keep this club running we will consider strongly.

From what I hear the payment footballing debts was required to enable us to be allowed to continue in the NL.
players and management owed wages were due to be paid yesterday or today along with other football related outstanding debts. This still leaves us under embargo with players unable to be resigned to play.
A behind closed doors match took place on Tuesday against wetspam u23s at their training ground but this ended up being their 16-18 yr olds because they took loads of their u23s with the 1st team squad. It at least provided some minutes on a pitch (3x25 so as to limit injury possibilities. ) The West stand needs work to get the West usable and obtain the required permissions for attendancies. I hear TL has again been spending many hours doing physical work to the ground to try and somehow get it usable.
hearing that although kimura no longer want to be the main players there are two new interested parties who are very enthusiastic. I don't know more than that, but believe the feeling is they may be more suitable to the club. I
it means the club will be playing in the NL, but what we can put on the pitch or produce is seriously handicapped with very little proper preperation.

Last edited:
Hi, We are committed to pay further hardship payments out of the coffers if we need to for sure. Nothing will be going through the football club though so it’s not wages per se.

With the comedy night, Sam Duckworths gig and various fundraisers we will be surpassing £30k comfortably.

The situation is evolving so quickly, so we need to get the balance right with other eventualities which we don’t really want to think about but absolutely any ideas to help the staff that keep this club running we will consider strongly.
Thanks mate 😊 if my idea has any legs in due course let me know and I’ll be happy to set up a DD to the Trust.

Thanks for all the hard work ✊

Well it's one thing less to pay for isn't it and pacifies the NL, for now. Which is only a good thing for a buyer.

It would be nice if the owner could also pay his staff and the required taxes.
Wouldn’t it just.

Would have solved all this mess in which we find ourselves, if he’d just acted like a responsible business owner.

Trying to find out what exactly this means. Staff wages counts under footballing creditors in the regulations. HMRC does not. I can't tell from the stories whether staff salaries are included in the £300k figure. I suspect not.

Aside from that, it is embarrassing to get permission to make payments because thr club is insolvent. Can't continue.
According to CP’s tweet staff haven’t been paid and they are a football creditor, aren’t they?

You’re not normally allowed to favour one creditor over another. The Court seems to have given us special dispensation to favour our football debtors so that we don’t get booted out of the NL (because if we get booted out of the NL the chances of a takeover and the rest of our creditors being paid drops to 0).
Yes YB- court previously unfroze account to allow specific payments e.g. payment of players as the club argued it was essential to protect the clubs assets and hence in interest of all creditors including those party to the WUP. Same argument will have been used as if football creditors aren’t paid, no license, and no license we get thrown out of league- severely reducing likelihood of paying back other creditors. In this case it is particularly interesting as the sums to pay football creditors would also have cleared HMRC!!!! Anyway judge was clearly accepting that payment of football creditors should be approved, as real possibility of sale and all creditors being paid.

It means the club have got £300k from somewhere to make payment.

Very positive news in that we have stay of execution potentially until next WUP and will start the season- not so good is the other side that Ron could stretch out the sale a bit.

Embargo remains as all creditors party to WUP not paid (although I don’t think we need permission of the court to pay them?)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back