• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.

Okay so by this... it means HMRC is being paid right?

Contracts and signings incoming?
What happens if he doesn’t pay the staff next week, that would then be a footballing debt. This also means all staff have now been paid has that been confirmed

Edit: I know I jumped the gun with the above (positivity overtook, not sure what that is), just presuming the embargo should finally go away?

I do not believe, this will remove the embargo yet. This is payments to staff etc and other football matter creditors allowing us to keep our license to play in the National League.

HMRC will still need to be paid to get the embargo lifted! BUT, this is a big step forward.

Edit: I know I jumped the gun with the above (positivity overtook, not sure what that is), just presuming the embargo should finally go away?
Looks like the embargo will remain.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230721_183302_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230721_183302_Chrome.jpg
    340.7 KB · Views: 98
Reactions: JAL
I do not believe, this will remove the embargo yet. This is payments to staff etc and other football matter creditors allowing us to keep our license to play in the National League.

HMRC will still need to be paid to get the embargo lifted! BUT, this is a big step forward.
Yep, I read it again and realised that counts in the other department for debts, definitely a big step forward and did NOT expect him to pay out money for football related debts.

Yep.

Unfortunately the big issue we have is a seller who really doesn't care about the collateral damage he is doing to the club and its people. All whilst he dithers and delays waiting for the right deal that suits him.

The one crumb of comfort I have is, he has to sell. He is going, we just have to hold our nerve for a little longer, as painful as that is.
Does he have to sell?
If the club goes belly up. He owns RH so he pulls it down in the next 4 weeks and builds his homes.
Now he is quids in.

Am I being stupid? What does this mean?

Surely we've always had the 'go-ahead' to pay debts, we just don't pay them? 🤣

You’re not normally allowed to favour one creditor over another. The Court seems to have given us special dispensation to favour our football debtors so that we don’t get booted out of the NL (because if we get booted out of the NL the chances of a takeover and the rest of our creditors being paid drops to 0).

I’m confused by this, sorry if I’m being stupid. The football debts, does this include the staff outstanding pay? What about HMRC? Is that included in the £300k?

Yep, I read it again and realised that counts in the other department for debts, definitely a big step forward and did NOT expect him to pay out money for football related debts.
Staff due to be paid 31st, if he doesnt pay them then it’s another footballing debt

In addition to the hardship fund, do the trust have other funds that could pay the staff their missing wages? @jphfitz ? We could then continue the fundraising into the season - for example I’d be prepared to pay £100 a month for a few months to the Trust. If others did too we could replace the Trusts funds? Just a thought

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back