• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not believe, this will remove the embargo yet. This is payments to staff etc and other football matter creditors allowing us to keep our license to play in the National League.

HMRC will still need to be paid to get the embargo lifted! BUT, this is a big step forward.
This is positivity though right?

Wow really surprised. Where has the cash come from? Has it been in our bank accounts all along? Has he sold something? Has he borrowed from someone? Or has an 'investor' come in? Some income, sponsorship/transfer fee installment?

Last edited:
Yep, I read it again and realised that counts in the other department for debts, definitely a big step forward and did NOT expect him to pay out money for football related debts.
Cant see he had a choice.

Few people have hinted today was very much a "D-Day" - perhaps was pay today or kicked out NL.

If he wants his sale, he needs a club. Probably done under much duress and not out of any benevolance.

Big question, as and when staff salaries are brought up to date, will they stay up to date? What's the odds on July or August salaries being paid?

In addition to the hardship fund, do the trust have other funds that could pay the staff their missing wages? @jphfitz ? We could then continue the fundraising into the season - for example I’d be prepared to pay £100 a month for a few months to the Trust. If others did too we could replace the Trusts funds? Just a thought
They are still awaiting payment back of the 40k they paid out in November.The end of August was the last date mentioned.

I do not believe, this will remove the embargo yet. This is payments to staff etc and other football matter creditors allowing us to keep our license to play in the National League.

HMRC will still need to be paid to get the embargo lifted! BUT, this is a big step forward.
To remove embargo tax has to be paid

Trying to find out what exactly this means. Staff wages counts under footballing creditors in the regulations. HMRC does not. I can't tell from the stories whether staff salaries are included in the £300k figure. I suspect not.

Aside from that, it is embarrassing to get permission to make payments because thr club is insolvent. Can't continue.

They are still awaiting payment back of the 40k they paid out in November.The end of August was the last date mentioned.
Yeah I know mate, I guess i was thinking that’s a while coming and I wondered whether a) they had other funds and b) whether others who could afford to do so would consider some sort of similar donations to the Trust to get those angels at the club paid what they’re owed pronto. It’d be some of the best money I’d ever spent personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back