• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t think it would be the Ferdinands on their own, certain a few months ago they were mentioned as part of a consortium, thought Simon Cox may also be involved in this although wouldn’t have thought his net worth is huge
Fair shout.

I’ve thought a little more about this. We do deserve a bit of luck as a supporters group. Nash seems to be a good chap, a smart chap, interested in sports as well as someone who seems to have some wealthy contacts. We deserve someone like him.

Agree. I think the ferdies would need a few other pals to join in. They could sustain a lower league team, similar to the Salford gig.

Seems a different level of clout to Nash though. But still would seem a massive improvement on the current incumbent
Call me a snob but I wouldn't wish us to be another Salford, apart from being in the EFL. They have a consortium of 7, one of whom has a 40% share and is, himself, worth approx $2.5bn. He also owns Valencia outright (obviously his priority). But I don't see Salford pulling up roses really. They've hardly knocked on the doors of the Championship at anytime. I don't see huge amounts being ploughed into them, and I expect their non-player expenses are quite low too considering the size of their ground and attendances.. I fully understand people who say "but anyone would be better than Ron" but I think we need to get this one right and not just accept "anyone". I live in hope

I want an owner / consortium of people who genuinely love the club , love the sport and dont treat it like a plaything ,People who can genuinely see what a future this club could have in the right hands, Can see past the football club into the towns folk and the city itself. Given a new stadium, new owners ,the club run properly its Wrexham who could be jealous of us .I want owners who are honest and genuinely care for the supporters as much as the club. Its been proved in the past what a good supporter base we have given a good team ,Wembley and Millenium stadium showed that .

I want an owner / consortium of people who genuinely love the club , love the sport and dont treat it like a plaything ,People who can genuinely see what a future this club could have in the right hands, Can see past the football club into the towns folk and the city itself. Given a new stadium, new owners ,the club run properly its Wrexham who could be jealous of us .I want owners who are honest and genuinely care for the supporters as much as the club. Its been proved in the past what a good supporter base we have given a good team ,Wembley and Millenium stadium showed that .
Will we get a tv show like Wrexham? Media attention? Not likely.

People need to understand that the Club is likely to just be an investment for whoever buys it, interest rates are pretty low so buying our club and getting us back to L1 could see a return on investment exceeding 20%, potentially 40% if we got to the Championship.

Obviously if we did a Luton it could be a 100% return which no-one would turn down.

It is however a gamble though

Don’t we all?

You guys 😂😂 you honestly make me laugh

Just because somebody has a "net worth" doesn't mean they have that money in the bank

I saw someone quote that Rio Ferdinand is worth £75m

That includes everything he owns and is currently earning. Nowhere near rich enough to buy the club alone and turn us in to a promotion candidate.

He would have to sell half of his assets to make us competitive.

People need to understand that the Club is likely to just be an investment for whoever buys it, interest rates are pretty low so buying our club and getting us back to L1 could see a return on investment exceeding 20%, potentially 40% if we got to the Championship.

Obviously if we did a Luton it could be a 100% return which no-one would turn down.

It is however a gamble though
Sorry if I missed something here but isn’t being bought as an investment our only option? I mean no one is buying Southend as a billionaire plaything. Not sure many clubs have ever been bought as such.

The hope is surely that the investment is the club and stadium and not something attached to that (such as a housing development).

Sorry if I missed something here but isn’t being bought as an investment our only option? I mean no one is buying Southend as a billionaire plaything. Not sure many clubs have ever been bought as such.

The hope is surely that the investment is the club and stadium and not something attached to that (such as a housing development).
It is the only sensible option, the idea of someone buying who is a lifelong fan and will spend all their money to get us up the leagues is pure fantasy and from a long bygone age.

If it ends up being Steve Nash then I'll be very impressed as he along with his contacts have a proven history of ownership

Nash ticks all the boxes for me. I would be delighted if he proved to be in the running...

He's a sportsman and has competed and been honoured at the highest level ✅

Loves football (soccer). Spurs fan, but we can let that one slide ✅

Has a share in a couple of football clubs already (Vancouver - MLS & Mallorca - La Liga) ✅

Has significant personal wealth ✅

Has a contact book to die for including industry leaders, celebs, billionaires etc ✅

Has donated many millions $ to good causes and has his own children's charity. In fact just last weekend he arranged a 20 team charity shield football tournament in NYC ✅

A very astute businessman, with interests in a number of useful areas including venture capital, media and fitness ✅

Not met the man obviously, but comes across on videos and things I've read as a genuine, down to earth, nice guy. Likeable which is important after what we've been through ✅

There's a nice piece here on him, which gives an idea of the guy he is. Pretty damn impressive -

I am not sure anyone is going to buy SUFC as an investment. If they do, then I have a nice bridge over the river Thames I can sell them.
Luton are a good example because they were where we are now, but they have a ground that is falling apart and they lost a shed-load of money last year.

Nash ticks all the boxes for me. I would be delighted if he proved to be in the running...

He's a sportsman and has competed and honoured at the highest level ✅

Loves football (soccer). Spurs fan, but we can let that one slide ✅

Has a share in a couple of football clubs already (Vancouver - MLS & Mallorca - La Liga) ✅

Has significant personal wealth ✅

Has a contact book to die for including industry leaders, celebs, billionaires etc ✅

Has donated many millions $ to good causes and has his own children's charity ✅

A very astute businessman, with interests in a number of useful areas including venture capital, media and fitness ✅

Not met the man obviously, but comes across on videos and things I've read as a genuine, down to earth, nice guy. Likeable which is important after what we've been through ✅

There's a nice piece here on him, which gives an idea of the guy he is. Pretty damn impressive -

About Steve - SteveNash.org

The Steve Nash Foundation - Growing Health in Kids
stevenash.org
stevenash.org
Exactly the kind of *leader* the club needs to rebuild its reputation.

He would give us the clean slate that we crave. No former players, no mates of the club's hierarchy. A real fresh start.

Not a bad thing,
I have watched the series, and also watch the utube channels.
Its becoming like a circus.
Americans and canadians coming over buying up tickets that the locals cant get.
They said 69 canadians came over a few weeks ago and bought

Actually, I'll stop there, it actually dont sound to bad.

Nash has his own media company and has produced for some top brands including Nike. So you couldn't rule it out. He has also had regular spots on all the top US networks, even appeared on the late show with James Corden!

Nash has his own media company and has produced for some top brands including Nike. So you couldn't rule it out. He has also had regular spots on all the top US networks, even appeared on the late show with James Corden!
My sincere condolences to Steve for having to spend time with that buffoon 😂

In all seriousness though, positive media exposure brings a lot of monetary interest into a club.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back