• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
All the superlatives being mentioned about Steve Nash are completely deserved. This guy is a true true legend in the basketball world and the sports world in general. A very business savvy man with plenty of contacts, and a nice guy to boot.

I really really really hope this can happen. Lets hope that Ron doesn't scare him off by acting like the tw*t we know he is

Only problem with Steve Nash is if Levy was up to selling Spurs he'd be in like a shot. Like Smiffy says he ticks all the boxes. We can dream.
Except buying Spurs would cost over £2bn. He doesn't have that money. Doubt his friends would part with that either, even if Levy was interested in selling. Which he isn't

Yes it was embarrassing wasn’t it. The BBC’s latest love interest appears to be Wrexham. And calling it a fairy story! It’s amazing what investing millions into a non league club will do. I think the fair play rules are different in the EFL so they may find it harder next season.
It was even on the BBC national news.

I said this months ago on another thread. I don't have a problem with Wrexham but I do have a problem with the media coverage.

Last edited:
@BoyWonder2 and @Lincoln Shrimp seem to be the two that are ITK. Im confident that the Nash rumours are more than that and this defo has legs. But as previously mentioned its unlikely we will hear anything official until a deal is struck or its appropriate to do so

I’ve never mentioned Nash, either to confirm or deny anything.

Won’t be getting any names from me, as has been said on many occasions.

It's still only 2nd/3rd hand info but I've heard enough to be convinced that it's more than just rumour.

Like I said though, I don't think it's any further at the moment than a hat thrown into the ring with other hats.

Anyone else got the "Johnny Ekstrom is signing - dead cert" feeling on this one?
Then end up getting an unknown center forward from Crystal Palace?

Few weeks of Steve Nash speculation, then we get the owner of a local skip company stumping up to buy us :ROFL:

Mind you, the first one turned out rather well :Thumbs up:

Nash ticks all the boxes for me. I would be delighted if he proved to be in the running...

He's a sportsman and has competed and been honoured at the highest level ✅

Loves football (soccer). Spurs fan, but we can let that one slide ✅

Has a share in a couple of football clubs already (Vancouver - MLS & Mallorca - La Liga) ✅

Has significant personal wealth ✅

Has a contact book to die for including industry leaders, celebs, billionaires etc ✅

Has donated many millions $ to good causes and has his own children's charity. In fact just last weekend he arranged a 20 team charity shield football tournament in NYC ✅

A very astute businessman, with interests in a number of useful areas including venture capital, media and fitness ✅

Not met the man obviously, but comes across on videos and things I've read as a genuine, down to earth, nice guy. Likeable which is important after what we've been through ✅

There's a nice piece here on him, which gives an idea of the guy he is. Pretty damn impressive -
Which is all very well, but will it pass RM's warped Those words are banned process.

Surely joking Nash er? Where’s Dennis the Menace?

Speculation is futile. 100 pages of it just around the corner

All I would like is an owner that can pay staff and players on time. Is that too much to ask for? Probably
No, it's not. Unfortunately we have been so downtrodden for years, that we believe this is the norm. It is not.

The staff, fans and club deserve this at the very least.

Someone with care, vision, business acumen and a decent bank balance could fulfill the huge potential this club has given time. Basically the polar opposite to what we have currently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back