• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
AArgh where has this 28th come from???

And what deal is this? All we know is they met to discuss putting forward a bid.
Classic Chinese Whispers :

1. A number of people pointed out that the next Court date is not especially relevant as it is after the start of the new season

2. There was agreement that the NL's view would be crucial....

3. .... and some speculation about what they would allow

4. One or two people thought the end of the week before the season begins was about the best that could be hoped for, i.e. around the 28th

5. Umpteen thousand posts later, the 28th is a deadline.

So are we expecting any form of statement today? Think someone said around Wednesday time should be a statement in the next 24 to 36/48 hours. Think it was said when Kimura made their statement that this wasn’t the statement. SO are we expecting one today?

Also this “date: of the 28th July apparently set y the NL does anyone know for certain it is true? I know Cricko said yesterday the trust said we had but days, so are the trust aware of any date set by the NL, if so can they share this information so we all know. I would assume the club know of any set date.

What is the benefit of the consortium staying private about who they are? I get not wanting to get peoples hopes up but surely tactically it would be a good idea to state their interests and intentions to up the pressure on RM or am I missing something?
They won’t stay in the shadows forever. I would guess once their ducks are in a row, then perhaps more info will be available on themselves and their plans.

As we have done since this process has started, we have to remain patient unfortunately. Either way, something has to happen soon as time is pretty much out. So not much longer to wait.

That makes sense, I just think although I know it would cause mayhem on here it would be nice to know who's looking to buy the club and if we have someone to get behind I think Ron may cave in quicker.

So i would estimate buyers would require a starting capital of between 10 - 11 million to begin with. Unless Sir Jim Ratcliffe is interested , i think we are doomed .

That's a ridiculous figure. It's nowhere near that.

Worst case roots hall could be rented short term and debts paid up etc for further negotiations.

Say 1 million for the football club to run and sign players etc.

That would be more than likely around 750k per investor

Buying roots hall can be achieved as a single purchase or in 3 stages.

There are multiple options to allow takeover and allow the club to survive

What is the benefit of the consortium staying private about who they are? I get not wanting to get peoples hopes up but surely tactically it would be a good idea to state their interests and intentions to up the pressure on RM or am I missing something?
I hear you; but there’s a few reasons (from their perspective) that I can think of:

- staying under the radar a bit provides time and space to focus on trying to complete the hugely important work to deliver in the very short time available without being bombarded with requests for updates and other interruptions;

- if things go belly up they could choose to remain in the background and let Ron own the failure (as he should);

- you wouldn’t want to be asked to make any public commitments or statements at this stage because that’s just a hostage to fortune - Ron is still the key single point of failure and as we’ve seen pinning him down is like nailing jelly to a wall. Better to communicate done deals with Ron than hopes and aspirations.

Col U fan here (I come in peace!) been lurking for a number of weeks to keep up to date with what’s happening. Really hoping this all gets sorted out for you and you come through the other side, head back into EFL and the old rivalries can be renewed. Just shows how poor governance is in football that RM has been able to take you to this point with no meaningful way of being sanctioned.

Re the new consortium staying in the “shadows”, it’s probably partly due to them still hammering out the logistics of how things will work before formally going public - who is putting what in, will they be doing so personally or via other businesses, what the board/management structure will look like, future revenue and how that gets used/apportioned etc. RM’s latest deal has only been public since Monday, and whilst it’s very easy for them to say “yes, we’ll take that deal”, there’s a danger that if what follows hasn’t been thought out properly then the downward spiral continues.

From the limited information available the hope is that this group is getting involved because they primarily want to save the club, not get their hands on Roots Hall. If the above are the conversations that are happening at the moment then fingers crossed those details get finalised quickly.

Changes in plans mean I won’t get to our first home game this season so I’ve chucked the money I would have spent in the hardship fund. Absolute admiration for all of those staff that are still doing their best to keep things running for you and have gone without pay for so long.

Who knows, once this is all sorted I may even come along and watch one of your games this season!

Worst case roots hall could be rented short term and debts paid up etc for further negotiations.

Did RMs statement suggest that there was an opportunity to rent RH?

Didnt RM say that £1 million was needed to pay pressing debt and that another wedge was also due?

Then you have the issue re training.

Of course there could be variation to the terms put out there but almost certainly the commitment would be between £7& £10 million maybe not all payable on day one but any savvy investor would need to know what they are signing up to

Anyone know the number of registered players as opposed to the number of contracted players which is 14?

In the NL rules it states that 16 players have to be registered 14 days prior to the season kicking off and that’s tomorrow

Col U fan here (I come in peace!) been lurking for a number of weeks to keep up to date with what’s happening. Really hoping this all gets sorted out for you and you come through the other side, head back into EFL and the old rivalries can be renewed. Just shows how poor governance is in football that RM has been able to take you to this point with no meaningful way of being sanctioned.

Re the new consortium staying in the “shadows”, it’s probably partly due to them still hammering out the logistics of how things will work before formally going public - who is putting what in, will they be doing so personally or via other businesses, what the board/management structure will look like, future revenue and how that gets used/apportioned etc. RM’s latest deal has only been public since Monday, and whilst it’s very easy for them to say “yes, we’ll take that deal”, there’s a danger that if what follows hasn’t been thought out properly then the downward spiral continues.

From the limited information available the hope is that this group is getting involved because they primarily want to save the club, not get their hands on Roots Hall. If the above are the conversations that are happening at the moment then fingers crossed those details get finalised quickly.

Changes in plans mean I won’t get to our first home game this season so I’ve chucked the money I would have spent in the hardship fund. Absolute admiration for all of those staff that are still doing their best to keep things running for you and have gone without pay for so long.

Who knows, once this is all sorted I may even come along and watch one of your games this season!
Will you stop it. With yourself and @Colchester and proud! guy on here, I'm in danger of thinking Colu fans are actually nice!
Seriously though, thats a wonderful gesture.

Anyone know the number of registered players ?

In the NL rules it states that 16 players have to be registered 14 days prior to the season kicking off and that’s tomorrow
It’s 14 according to my contract tracker.

I’d imagine Ralph and Bridge (or maybe Sandat) would then make it 16.

That assumes no injured player has handed in their notice.

The likes of Demi, Benton, Crowhurst and Bland means we could probably reach the 16 limit if we needed to fairly easily.

Did RMs statement suggest that there was an opportunity to rent RH?

Didnt RM say that £1 million was needed to pay pressing debt and that another wedge was also due?

Then you have the issue re training.

Of course there could be variation to the terms put out there but almost certainly the commitment would be between £7& £10 million maybe not all payable on day one but any savvy investor would need to know what they are signing up to

........... i suspect the realities of everything are quite different

The way this is all shaping up, my gut feeling is that any disposal or investment by a third party will be something orchestrated by The Great Helmsman and very much to his liking. Let's not overlook that he is a property man first and foremost. He will not want an opportunity to profit from RH and FF to slip through his fingers. He will want to remain on the bridge, piloting the ship into less choppy waters. Keeping the football club in the NL is something to which our man appears to pay lip service. But be certain that should the unthinkable happen then the Great Helmsman will find the ship in the middle of a maelstrom, the like of which one can only begin to imagine. I fervently hope that this shipping forecast is wrong!
Perhaps we could make the Great Helmsman walk the plank....if he ends up in Davy Jones's locker then so be it......he might even find the warchest down there

Anyone know the number of registered players as opposed to the number of contracted players which is 14?

Good spot, if you look in the player status in 6.3 I think it would potentially be easy to get round this particular rule. Includes “work experience”8A7D0999-E36C-4E05-BBE1-6806BB6C084C.jpeg

4.5 mil for RH, 1.5 mil stated to pay off debts, 2mil for training ground = 8mil , then new owners would need money to require players and for wages for season ,also money for safety certificate and to get RH presentable. Dosent matter if it can be paid off over 3 years ,players and staff wages cannot neither can making RH safe each season. Yes hopefully there will be money coming in through season ticket sales and people paying at the turnstile etc. there will also be more HRMC bills to pay.

The way this is all shaping up, my gut feeling is that any disposal or investment by a third party will be something orchestrated by The Great Helmsman and very much to his liking. Let's not overlook that he is a property man first and foremost. He will not want an opportunity to profit from RH and FF to slip through his fingers. He will want to remain on the bridge, piloting the ship into less choppy waters. Keeping the football club in the NL is something to which our man appears to pay lip service. But be certain that should the unthinkable happen then the Great Helmsman will find the ship in the middle of a maelstrom, the like of which one can only begin to imagine. I fervently hope that this shipping forecast is wrong!
Aah the Pirates are circling…..🏴‍☠️

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back