• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
RM says 4.5 mil for RH plus 1pound for his shares, plus pay the debts off 1.5 million he says should cover that and for new training complex what he paid so another 2 million, can be paid off in installments over 3 years , thats what he has said ,it has been posted in FB .
Forget FB. It was posted on the official site (and here) Monday.

Another name from the past is Paul Robinson. Didn't he leave after feeling he couldn't continue due to the reputational damage that might occur being associated with such a shabbily run club? Could he be part of the 5?

Another name from the past is Paul Robinson. Didn't he leave after feeling he couldn't continue due to the reputational damage that might occur being associated with such a shabbily run club? Could he be part of the 5?
I’d be reaching out to all former directors and sponsors. Even if they can’t assist financially they may be able to assist in other ways/know people who can assist.

Reactions: TJC
I've heard that there are other bids (Ron's new deal is attractive!), and that things are moving quickly. I hope we hear more on Monday
Appreciate the insight @Napster. Not wanting any details, but if you know anything about the other bids do you feel we should be positive, or has the blood in the water caused the sharks to circle?

FIRSTLY, I apologise to anyone who was offended on the Twitter space, when I was bantering BIG KEZZA, if you’ve joined the spaces, you’ll be aware it’s a parody and on a wind up. Anyway I wasn’t aware AF was there when I made said joke, but if anyone is offended… I’m sorry you’re so easily offended.
Big Kerry is the only funny thing to happen RE: Southend for a long time. Even Anna seemed amused by it all

The way this is all shaping up, my gut feeling is that any disposal or investment by a third party will be something orchestrated by The Great Helmsman and very much to his liking. Let's not overlook that he is a property man first and foremost. He will not want an opportunity to profit from RH and FF to slip through his fingers. He will want to remain on the bridge, piloting the ship into less choppy waters. Keeping the football club in the NL is something to which our man appears to pay lip service. But be certain that should the unthinkable happen then the Great Helmsman will find the ship in the middle of a maelstrom, the like of which one can only begin to imagine. I fervently hope that this shipping forecast is wrong!

What is the benefit of the consortium staying private about who they are? I get not wanting to get peoples hopes up but surely tactically it would be a good idea to state their interests and intentions to up the pressure on RM or am I missing something?

I don't know anything about the other bids, but my guess would be the blood analogy. The five man consortium is still the frontrunner.
Thanks Naps.

Appreciate we're operating in speculation here, but the big concern whilst the consortium remain in the shadows is that Ron's free to accept an offer from anyone, however shady, without us fans being able to give any justifiable pushback.

If the consortium came out publicly with an offer then Ron wouldn't be able to play the "I had to sell it to the cronies" card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back