• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
A name that was mentioned last night on the twitter spaces was Gary Pettit, who appears to be part of Integral Sports with Ray Winston. Anyone know what the context of his name drop was? Is he perhaps part of the 'Famous 5'?

A name that was mentioned last night on the twitter spaces was Gary Pettit, who appears to be part of Integral Sports with Ray Winston. Anyone know what the context of his name drop was? Is he perhaps part of the 'Famous 5'?

He was mentioned very early on in this thread. He's not part of anything moving forward I don't think.

What about Mr Werzel gummage and family - the Hi Tec owners? They have some financial clout, along with Rossi's, Hotter shoes, Leigh skip hire and Ron's cleaner - we could just about be saved

A lot of people listen, to a small group of people, who know nothing about everything and everything about nothing talk about Southend United till there hearts content in an open and friendly forum.

We have BIG KEZZA dropping bombs, now and again. Other than that it’s pretty boring and uninformative.
With a few swear words had absolutely slating RM

What about Mr Werzel gummage and family - the Hi Tec owners? They have some financial clout, along with Rossi's, Hotter shoes, Leigh skip hire and Ron's cleaner - we could just about be saved
I think Frank sold Hi-tec years ago? He now runs a golf shoe company called DucaDelCosma https://ducadelcosma.com/pages/test-our-story. I don't think he would be interested in any more involvment with Southend TBH. Hes been on the inside for years at Southend. Suspect he knows what a money black hole it is - https://find-and-update.company-inf...cers/RAS1fQcy9BnLHvkfnIjQmGOEdNs/appointments

I think Frank sold Hi-tec years ago? He now runs a golf shoe company called DucaDelCosma https://ducadelcosma.com/pages/test-our-story. I don't think he would be interested in any more involvment with Southend TBH. Hes been on the inside for years at Southend. Suspect he knows what a money black hole it is - https://find-and-update.company-inf...cers/RAS1fQcy9BnLHvkfnIjQmGOEdNs/appointments
from Wiki

In 2016, it was acquired by Cherokee Inc., later known as Apex Global Brands

Reactions: TJC
One (very small) grain of hope is that if Ron's stated deal is valid, it's structured to include clearing the debt the NL want and it's the company loan stuff that gets written off. If a deal can be agreed, even with a letter of intent, and if on that basis Ron could raise the bridging loan to clear this he would then get it paid back on sale rather than being money lost for him.
He's tried that. He failed. Bridging loans are expensive at the best of times, and nowadays even more so.

Blimey. Micheal Markscheffel is still there too. Another poor soul thats been through Jobson and Martin eras. Guess hes owed a lot too. Gary Lockett is a relative newbie :Smile:

Last edited:
I'd not heard of the Partyman Group & James Sinclair, who own Rossi, until they bought the Blue Boar over in Maldon last month.

IF he is involved with the businessmen group then he will have had a similar experience here of dealing with a total slimeball selling a rundown property as that is a perfect descriprtion of both the owner & the hotel.

I know the last guys who wanted to buy it but they dropped out as due to an inheritance tax issue the owner offered to lease it for the 2 years left of the 7 year gifting window, let them build the business up but then have the option of keeping it rather than selling. Oh & then a chimney stack fell through the roof!!! It's a listed building & will be an absolute money pit for Partyman as the previous owner did little or nothing.
1689933164960.png

So if the new interested collective might include ex players....... that could be the answer to our prayers with the lack of staff .If one was Coxy he could probably do the job at level a bit like Goater,Prior and Clark did in their later days. Just need Billy Best ,SVC,and Crowny to show and that's the forward line sorted

RM says 4.5 mil for RH plus 1pound for his shares, plus pay the debts off 1.5 million he says should cover that and for new training complex what he paid so another 2 million, can be paid off in installments over 3 years , thats what he has said ,it has been posted in FB .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back