• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know anything about the other bids, but my guess would be the blood analogy. The five man consortium is still the frontrunner.
The change in offer to RH, and the more realistic expectations, has changed things - it would have changed them even more had it been earlier..
Under the original proposals Kimura were the only realistic bidder. Now others could well look and think interesting. But the group including Kimura will have a big advantage having done DD- can another bidder come along, prove funds, do DD and have it done by say next Thursday latest? Unlikely.
It’s taken the consortium including Kimura a week to “get dressed” so I think we are relying on them to get it done now.
Can’t be bothered whether the identify themselves. I thought the idea was they would when they put the bid in and then call for everyone to rally behind? Maybe this has changed- don’t care, it’s whatever works best given we are dealing with a very “unusual” seller…

Feel a bit sorry for the ITK’s to be honest. I understand it’s a public forum on therefore the place where we can all offer opinions, but we are now 900 pages in, mainly opinions rather than hard facts.

What benefits do the ITK’s actually get from providing the key information they have? It’s us that aren’t in the picture that actually benefit from their insight, yet there a minority now actually actively discouraging them basically because the information they are providing isn’t what they want to hear!

The ITK’s are indirectly taking the flak that should be reserved for Ron Martin, Kimura and any other entity that are interested in buying the club, but are frankly dragging their heels.

I’m generally quite a patient person, but the club has been on the market since March. You may recall I made some comments in June about DD and how there comes a point where the inability to make a decision one can actually start to hinder the quality of the investment? That has already begun to happen.

So let’s be clear - let’s not get after those who actually have factual information to offer, because they are the only ones who can offer a factual insight into what is happening.

The time for rumours/hypotheticals is over - its boring, does nobody any good and is unproductive.

To any entity thinking of buying the club or are currently in protracted talks, the time is nigh - 4 months is more than efficient to make a risk assessment, and any further deliberation is highly likely to see you buying a divisionless club which will suffer your investment a seasons worth of no income.

Let’s close this out now before the opportunity is no longer an opportunity.

Anyone know the number of registered players as opposed to the number of contracted players which is 14?

In the NL rules it states that 16 players have to be registered 14 days prior to the season kicking off and that’s tomorrow
Well we will still have Bridge, Ralph and Demi registered to us?

Thanks Naps.

Appreciate we're operating in speculation here, but the big concern whilst the consortium remain in the shadows is that Ron's free to accept an offer from anyone, however shady, without us fans being able to give any justifiable pushback.

If the consortium came out publicly with an offer then Ron wouldn't be able to play the "I had to sell it to the cronies" card.
Not sure there are any offers to accept, nevermind being choosy about them.

Bridge and Ralph out of contract so guess they are not unless they become non contract players
We will still hold their registration. I suppose whether they play would be up to them - they may not want to risk injury if they want to keep their options open.

Will be very interesting to see who plays tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back