• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes but what did she actually say that was of any substance or help?

I’ve no doubt she does have the club’s best interests at heart but she didn’t even know about the consortium reported by the Echo.
She did say shes been in parliament for most of the day and I guess SUFC is not the only thing she has to focus on for her constituency haha, but I see your point.

Yeah I believe this as well. But there will be a groundswell of instant relief
We haven't been a well run club for decades. Certainly not in the 30 years I have been a fan.

This club has never reached its full potential. If we are well run, sweat the assets we have, I have no doubt we will be successful

The way the last four years have been though, a normal summer and living without the constant sword of damoclese hanging over us would be a massive novelty.

But the consortium met yesterday. If she is so involved in brokering a deal surely she would have known.
The consortium met yesterday but it wasn't reported, she's definitely not in a within the rumours of whats happening, this consortium haven't even place an offer (that we know of) as of yet, so it's unlikely she would have known until todays report anyway.

The way the last four years have been though, a normal summer and living without the constant sword of damoclese hanging over us would be a massive novelty.
Being able to appreciate anything positive about SUFC without expecting R*n to somehow ruin it would be a novelty.

Reactions: Jai
This was ****ing brilliant.

Anna was brilliant and I respect what she said.

Kezza was different class! AGAIN!
I respect the fact that she’s making an effort in liaising with the league and assisting the Trust but she can’t be that involved with the sale of the club. She started by saying that she hoped Ron would discharge sufficient debt to allow us to start the season.

Why do people think:
a) we will carry on losing £1.2million a year
b) investors won't see a return on their money?

We never believed the club was losing that kind of money really when RM said that was the case. Why would we now? Surely decent business people can turn this club/company around?

Also, I see a time in the future where we do move out of RH into a stadium and training ground that we can afford, allowing RH to be developed for loadsamoney.
Why would you not think that we lose that much? That's fairly standard for a club of our size and tracks broadly with the rough sums you could do on a napkin of our approximate income vs approximate expenditure.

Right so as an outsider looking in but with a vested interest, that has always lived in Essex but is a Liverpool fan here’s a genuine question.

If someone could come in now and stop the club going bust but wasn’t going to pump in millions to the club to try and win promotion straight away or build a new stadium but just wanted to save the club, would fans firstly be happy with that, secondly if so for how long before they forgot about Ron and started moaning about the lack of ambition of the new owner?
The same differences of opinion on the zone now will continue into any future ownership, pragmatism versus idealistic dreamers .
Say for example it's taken ten years to arrive in Ron's world of Sh*t, so realistically a sensible supporter would probably allow for 2 or 3 years of the club being stabilised in all areas, and then kicking on ! Alternatively even if a phoenix club like Bury situation which resulted in factions that have only just come back together which will hasten their rise! So then United is the only way to succeed on and off the pitch imo.

It was interesting what Anna said about making the club a community asset and how it would give us six months extra to find a buyer. I assume this may have been looked in to?
Yes you’re right. I may be wrong but I’m sure I read somewhere that the Trust were looking into it.

However I’m not sure an application alone would meet the league’s requirements to grant us a licence to start this season.

FIRSTLY, I apologise to anyone who was offended on the Twitter space, when I was bantering BIG KEZZA, if you’ve joined the spaces, you’ll be aware it’s a parody and on a wind up. Anyway I wasn’t aware AF was there when I made said joke, but if anyone is offended… I’m sorry you’re so easily offended.

I’d like to thank everyone who has dropped me a message. I am just doing what I hope someone else would do if they had the capabilities. Sadly, I’ll be a bit less active over the next few days, but I’ll do what I can.

I said on last nights space, I do hope we can all get behind what people are trying to do and support them with any means possible to get a deal done.

If a deal can be done, I would guess there is a lot to be done between now and then. So keep the faith and your toes crossed!

FIRSTLY, I apologise to anyone who was offended on the Twitter space, when I was bantering BIG KEZZA, if you’ve joined the spaces, you’ll be aware it’s a parody and on a wind up. Anyway I wasn’t aware AF was there when I made said joke, but if anyone is offended… I’m sorry you’re so easily offended.

I’d like to thank everyone who has dropped me a message. I am just doing what I hope someone else would do if they had the capabilities. Sadly, I’ll be a bit less active over the next few days, but I’ll do what I can.

I said on last nights space, I do hope we can all get behind what people are trying to do and support them with any means possible to get a deal done.

If a deal can be done, I would guess there is a lot to be done between now and then. So keep the faith and your toes crossed!
Majority thought it was a good laugh

Hi Crate I would appreciate if you could give us notice when Twitter Space is due to start. I logged on at 9pm and 9:20pm and assumed it was not happening.
Many thanks.

Right so as an outsider looking in but with a vested interest, that has always lived in Essex but is a Liverpool fan here’s a genuine question.

If someone could come in now and stop the club going bust but wasn’t going to pump in millions to the club to try and win promotion straight away or build a new stadium but just wanted to save the club, would fans firstly be happy with that, secondly if so for how long before they forgot about Ron and started moaning about the lack of ambition of the new owner?

First up welcome OLLI.

By funny coincidence Ron as always lived in Essex and is a Liverpool fan with vested interest.....You want to be careful because In the current climate you might wake up with protest at the end of the your garden.

About 17,800 posts ago that would have been acceptable. For years fans had demanded Ron accept one of the many offers to 'invest' ion the club for a share of the FF pot of gold.

Since then we peaked with Hollywood takeovers, 21,000 seat stadiums with rock festivals and grand summer balls. We didn't want to embarrass ourselves in the PL with just 16,000. Any non believer was told to get on board. Even caution was met with the meme HMS P**s the League.

What we have settled for is only a sale with Ron completely gone. Lets say someone with a connection to club ( lets not mention any names) wanted to do just what you suggest with short to medium plan of complete takeover........That it seems will not be supported. Its all or nothing.

What I will say is if it happened I'll go to the Oldham game as that Individual and his mates would deserve support. There is huge silent majority out there who will be thinking the same as me. We want to save our club first and its obvious Ron was in the background for the last 8 months anyway. So don't take to much notice of the I won't set foot in the ground claims. Not all but many of the same people said that under Sturrock hoof ball or Brown clean sheet ball. Same for Bond who knows what ball etc. They certainly were never going to lower themselves to NL football....Unless of course their TV PL team weren't doing so well.

With time running out I wish you good luck. You'll need it because when it comes to SUFC beggars will insist on being choosers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back