• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just broke down a bit tonight and my wife responded by saying, "I didn't know it meant so much to you!":ROFL: I really just want the bloody thing over with. You can take just so many times of having your hopes raised, only to see them dashed 24 hours later.
People ask me what’s wrong when I look annoyed after reading twitter or SZ and when I tell them it’s football they look at me like I’m some sort of psycho 😂

Where has the 28th July date been officially stated, please?
Thought that was the date we had to have cleared debts and prove the the NL we are able to fulfil our fixtures. If I find where that came from (getting old, can't remember everything these days 🤣)
If it's not 28th it's bloody close to ..

Right so as an outsider looking in but with a vested interest, that has always lived in Essex but is a Liverpool fan here’s a genuine question.

If someone could come in now and stop the club going bust but wasn’t going to pump in millions to the club to try and win promotion straight away or build a new stadium but just wanted to save the club, would fans firstly be happy with that, secondly if so for how long before they forgot about Ron and started moaning about the lack of ambition of the new owner?

Right so as an outsider looking in but with a vested interest, that has always lived in Essex but is a Liverpool fan here’s a genuine question.

If someone could come in now and stop the club going bust but wasn’t going to pump in millions to the club to try and win promotion straight away or build a new stadium but just wanted to save the club, would fans firstly be happy with that, secondly if so for how long before they forgot about Ron and started moaning about the lack of ambition of the new owner?
I’d bite your hand off to simply settle the ship and just pay bills. I trust our football department to work the impossible with merely a modest budget. Us fans would do the rest.

On Saturday he kept mentioning that he had to ask James Duddridge before he could say anything more - hopefully a sign that RM is being put under pressure from the MPs and won't so easily be able to move the goalposts.
I still can't fathom that comment out?. Unless Dudderidge had a word in his ear, that unless the sale happens sooner rather than later, the council might stall his FF project??.

Anyone saving the club would be a hero and have a lot of patience. If the club was being run sustainably I think fans would be supportive. There will, of course, be a minority of unrealistic nut jobs and sarcastic sneering moaners.

I’d bite your hand off to simply settle the ship and just pay bills. I trust our football department to work the impossible with merely a modest budget. Us fans would do the rest.
Not trying to get anyone’s hopes up, literally just asking a question to understand people’s feelings at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back