• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
So my personal thought this morning is that a deal has been offered to Ron and I am guessing this was late yesterday afternoon/early evening.

Reasons for this 1) crate was very different on last nights call and extremely careful not to say anything and had to shut others down where possible, 2) it was said that things would go very quiet when something was happening and today crate has mentioned that it is going to be a quiet day 3) really this deal needs to happen this weekend, if possible, so that we can have one semi normal week before approaching the season 4) clearly there is urgency from the 5 people to get this done asap with meetings happening over the past few days between them and 5) now CP is also reporting it suggests it is moving along as he made it very clear he wasn’t gonna comment on it at all whilst just a rumour.

Really hope we get a new chapter to our story very soon.

The dithering around here by the consortium I find quite remarkable. We have days left to exist (though we’re not sure quite how many), Ron is self proclaimed skint, he’s set out what appear to be reasonable terms and still the consortium, if they choose to form, are spending their time in the shadows doing who knows what.

As I’ve said before, if they were ready to accept Ron’s terms it’s time to go public about it and put the ball in Ron’s court. Their silence to me indicates they aren’t ready, either because they’re still jostling for who gets which seat at the table or because they don’t intend to take the offer that’s publicly available.

Either way it’s far from positive in my view. We have a glimmer of hope, but whilst they remain in the shadows I won’t be betting on them as our saviours.

The time for a public response to Ron’s offer was this week, pre-tomorrow’s protests. This is not the time for the only interaction to be asking SZ members whether they would like to go back to the North Bank. I think this is the first time I’ve really thought we’ll be lucky to survive the next week.

Don’t get me wrong I’m thankful if they exist and choose to get involved, but I don’t think they can expect much from us whilst they stay schtum.

We have to put the heat on Ron Martin tonight and tomorrow morning, put him under more pressures to take the deal or face hell next Friday when deadline from National League passed on 28th.
AArgh where has this 28th come from???

And what deal is this? All we know is they met to discuss putting forward a bid.

Possibly the most concerned I've been, does he actually have the money? I've been hoping all along that we'll be sold. This is soul destroying.
Only Ron knows. He's always managed to pull some cash from somewhere but i imagine its getting harder and harder for him - although I note his house is on a nice double fronted plot, he could sell off part of that land, wouldnt raise millions but it all helps. There's actually 2 questions, does he have the resources to pay - possibly, see above. Is he willing to pay? This sale process maybe showing him that it's not worth as much as he hoped and he shouldn't put anymore cash in. So even if he has the cash I'd question his willingness - depends if he needs the club alive to still realise FF or if he feels other consequences of letting the club fold are too high.

So my personal thought this morning is that a deal has been offered to Ron and I am guessing this was late yesterday afternoon/early evening.

Reasons for this 1) crate was very different on last nights call and extremely careful not to say anything and had to shut others down where possible, 2) it was said that things would go very quiet when something was happening and today crate has mentioned that it is going to be a quiet day 3) really this deal needs to happen this weekend, if possible, so that we can have one semi normal week before approaching the season 4) clearly there is urgency from the 5 people to get this done asap with meetings happening over the past few days between them and 5) now CP is also reporting it suggests it is moving along as he made it very clear he wasn’t gonna comment on it at all whilst just a rumour.

Reading this post, I think you are clutching at more straws than a masturbating scarecrow but of course, I hope and pray you are right of course.

If CRATE has liked this post, then there is probably some truth behind it...

Looking more and more likely that's the only way we start the season
Actually thinking back to the court appearance, didn't Ron say something like club won't be sold in 42 days but debts will be paid off?

Now I know at the court appearance before he said he'd sell assets if not sold, but the statement was slightly different this time around.

We simply don’t know what the offer (if any) to RM will be. For all we know they could just be offering much needed cash in exchange for becoming Ronettes.

Last edited:
AArgh where has this 28th come from???

And what deal is this? All we know is they met to discuss putting forward a bid.

It’s believed that the 28th was the logical date that we would be given to get our affairs in order.

FIRSTLY, I apologise to anyone who was offended on the Twitter space, when I was bantering BIG KEZZA, if you’ve joined the spaces, you’ll be aware it’s a parody and on a wind up. Anyway I wasn’t aware AF was there when I made said joke, but if anyone is offended… I’m sorry you’re so easily offended.
No worries Crate. I'm sure I'm not alone in not knowing what this is all about. I couldn't even get the internet to help apart from now knowing Kezza is slang for ketamine and I know it'll be nothing about that.
I personally applaud your commitment to the cause.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back