• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just broke down a bit tonight and my wife responded by saying, "I didn't know it meant so much to you!":ROFL: I really just want the bloody thing over with. You can take just so many times of having your hopes raised, only to see them dashed 24 hours later.
Get the same. Wife keeps telling me “it’s only a football club” and “more important things in life to worry about”

With the exception my kids health, maybe…

I asked what is more of an important thing to worry about and was reminded of the guttering that needs fixing at the back of our house… you couldn’t make it up !

Right so as an outsider looking in but with a vested interest, that has always lived in Essex but is a Liverpool fan here’s a genuine question.

If someone could come in now and stop the club going bust but wasn’t going to pump in millions to the club to try and win promotion straight away or build a new stadium but just wanted to save the club, would fans firstly be happy with that, secondly if so for how long before they forgot about Ron and started moaning about the lack of ambition of the new owner?

It's a really good question.

I suspect the majority of fans would be happy in the short term, say the first season. Thereafter I think it would depend what their plans were - personally I think I'd want to see some plan to firstly invest to stabilise the club by increasing matchday and non-matchday revenues either at RH or using RH to finance a move (yes I know we've been trying to do that for 20+ years), secondly a plan for progression and promotion back to the EFL, for me that doesn't need to be an immediate return - perhaps a 5yr plan. If they don't have the resources to do that, perhaps the plan would be to sell once the club is stabilised. If there is no plan to increase revenue, and the club needs to live within it's means, then I can only see a steady decline.

Right so as an outsider looking in but with a vested interest, that has always lived in Essex but is a Liverpool fan here’s a genuine question.

If someone could come in now and stop the club going bust but wasn’t going to pump in millions to the club to try and win promotion straight away or build a new stadium but just wanted to save the club, would fans firstly be happy with that, secondly if so for how long before they forgot about Ron and started moaning about the lack of ambition of the new owner?
Would be incredible. If they could come into the club and stabilise it, ensure staff are paid and debts are settled on time then that would be all I could ask of an owner right now.

I’m so not foresee an issue with a lack of ambition. That is something a Premier League fan says. Not a lower league supporter who just wants to see good football and a team that gives 100% every week. Punching above our weight is always a plus.

Right now of course I’d snap your hands off for that. On part two, I’d hope a good owner would want the club to fulfil its potential and would work to make that happen once the current crisis had passed, whether through further outside investment or other means.

Do we have any idea when this band of 5 local business people (Kimura representatives we seem to be assuming are two of the 5 individuals mentioned, with 3 unknown) will be making themselves known, or when they are due to hold talks with Ron Martin and I’d suspect a mediator in the form of the local MPs? I can’t see this resolved tomorrow, is mid or end of next week feasible? It can’t go beyond that ..

I agree .

I think Anna Firth spoke very well on the Twitter Space tonight and I genuinely believe she has the best interests at heart for the club.
Feels a bit like early days Ron - she maybe got involved for ulterior motives or to help curry favour with the constituents (and I'm not naive enough to think thats still not playing a part!) - but I do get the feeling shes now fully invested to help save the club for us all.

SHE ****ING LOVES THE CLUB YOU IDIOTS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back