• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair she did say she's been in parliament all day and can't imagine she spends her day checking twitter or SZ. Even though she should

I think AF is focussing on short term measures to start season, safety certificate etc whilst JD is focussing on brokering a sale. Wasn't it reported that JD was talking to 2 potential buyers about the new offer and I understand that didn't include Kimura. Having said that little bit surprising she wasn't aware - did she mention any other potential buyers?

The other thing about turning RH into a community asset. I think there are pros and cons to this. The con is that it may make the asset less attractive to a purchaser. It also wouldnt give us another 6 months to find a buyer.

What happens at these Twitter spaces?
A lot of people listen, to a small group of people, who know nothing about everything and everything about nothing talk about Southend United till there hearts content in an open and friendly forum.

We have BIG KEZZA dropping bombs, now and again. Other than that it’s pretty boring and uninformative.

I respect the fact that she’s making an effort in liaising with the league and assisting the Trust but she can’t be that involved with the sale of the club. She started by saying that she hoped Ron would discharge sufficient debt to allow us to start the season.
I’m under the impression he will … to allow a sale to go though ( basically keeping us alive) that’s what I am inclined to believe ..

I think AF is focussing on short term measures to start season, safety certificate etc whilst JD is focussing on brokering a sale. Wasn't it reported that JD was talking to 2 potential buyers about the new offer and I understand that didn't include Kimura. Having said that little bit surprising she wasn't aware - did she mention any other potential buyers?

The other thing about turning RH into a community asset. I think there are pros and cons to this. The con is that it may make the asset less attractive to a purchaser. It also wouldnt give us another 6 months to find a buyer.
Now if we could get Roots Hall declared as a building of historical interest, we could secure a grant to 'do her up'

We have to put the heat on Ron Martin tonight and tomorrow morning, put him under more pressures to take the deal or face hell next Friday when deadline from National League passed on 28th.
I don't think there's a deal for Ron to take at the moment - there are no bids on the table are there?

Not saying no protest - but it's not about him accepting a bid right now.

I respect the fact that she’s making an effort in liaising with the league and assisting the Trust but she can’t be that involved with the sale of the club. She started by saying that she hoped Ron would discharge sufficient debt to allow us to start the season.
The two things don't have to be mutually exclusive though? A sale is taking longer than anybody hoped, but even he knows that we can't stay a zombie club much longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back