• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rio Ferdinand net worth is 75 million dollars so definitely wealthy enough to buy the club if he was interested. Even more so if part of a consortium..

So two very wealthy guys vying to buy the club if the rumours are true and its a big IF.

We can but hope...

But how much of that is he willing to lose? Crazy as it seems, I'd suggest on his own it's not enough - out of that 75m he'd be mad to put in, and risk losing, more than around 10m - which is imho not enough to run the club for very long

Any Nash involvement would surely involve Robert Sarver.. (a very very wealthy property investor)

I am in agreement with MB above, his is the potential interest I would be most excited about with their experience in sports ownership.

Not forgetting Joe Tsai. A close associate of Nash and worth a cool £8 billion.
Yep, some seriously loaded connections.

Rio Ferdinand net worth is 75 million dollars so definitely wealthy enough to buy the club if he was interested. Even more so if part of a consortium..

So two very wealthy guys vying to buy the club if the rumours are true and its a big IF.

We can but hope...
Yes,
but would the Ferdo,s £75 million be enough for the club and the stadium.
I mean he cant spend half his wealth on a footy club.
As in an ideal world that's what I would much prefer.
The owner of the club also being the owner of the ground.

Nash is 100% aware that the supporters want him on board. He's seen the messages of support on Social Media I'm told.
It would take a massive commitment unless he just acts as a figure head. Wrexham guys did it. I just don’t see him committing to something like this. I hope I’m wrong

Yes,
but would the Ferdo,s £75 million be enough for the club and the stadium.
I mean he cant spend half his wealth on a footy club.
As in an ideal world that's what I would much prefer.
The owner of the club also being the owner of the ground.
Very good point. It’s a huge responsibility too if you want to do it for the right reasons

We can but hope...
Sorry but $75m is £60m. If Ron demands (hypothetically) £35m for club and completed stadium then that's more than half of Rio's net worth. Even adding Anton's £4m net worth, the price still exceeds half of their joint net worth. Who in their right mind would splash out more than half of their fortune into a hobby/football club and then have to dip even further into what's left over to keep it running until its sustainable ? I know I certainly wouldn't. I feel that to have a club that doesn't change hands every few years we need someone with well over £100/150m net worth.

Sorry but $75m is £60m. If Ron demands (hypothetically) £35m for club and completed stadium then that's more than half of Rio's net worth. Even adding Anton's £4m net worth, the price still exceeds half of their joint net worth. Who in their right mind would splash out more than half of their fortune into a hobby/football club and then have to dip even further into what's left over to keep it running until its sustainable ? I know I certainly wouldn't. I feel that to have a club that doesn't change hands every few years we need someone with well over £100/150m net worth.
Agree. I think the ferdies would need a few other pals to join in. They could sustain a lower league team, similar to the Salford gig.

Seems a different level of clout to Nash though. But still would seem a massive improvement on the current incumbent

Agree. I think the ferdies would need a few other pals to join in. They could sustain a lower league team, similar to the Salford gig.

Seems a different level of clout to Nash though. But still would seem a massive improvement on the current incumbent
Don’t think it would be the Ferdinands on their own, certain a few months ago they were mentioned as part of a consortium, thought Simon Cox may also be involved in this although wouldn’t have thought his net worth is huge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back