• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at this and Google Maps, it is clear that thoughts of turning the pitch 90 degrees to create a larger capacity ground is not possible.
Indeed - from the back of West Stand to back of East Stand is 120.6m, and from north to south in the car park is 113.5m. Rotating 90 degrees to redevelop isn't an option. Nor can we shift north or south due to flats on the south and buildings in the north west corner. At best we can shift 10-15m north east, parallel with the ground as it now to expand the east and west stands but thats it. That's without taking into account that and expansion of the west stand could block light for houses on Shakespeare Drive and therefore planning permission for that could easily be refused.

So some people are saying we're finished, others are saying there are still frantic negotiations going on, someone mentioned there was a meeting between the involved parties at 3pm today (Crate I think?), I'm so confused by it all now. Thats no dig at the ITK's because without them we'd be completely blind and I appreciate they are only telling us what they know at any point in time. Its just exhausting. I need this rollercoaster to stop.

So some people are saying we're finished, others are saying there are still frantic negotiations going on, someone mentioned there was a meeting between the involved parties at 3pm today (Crate I think?), I'm so confused by it all now. Thats no dig at the ITK's because without them we'd be completely blind and I appreciate they are only telling us what they know at any point in time. Its just exhausting. I need this rollercoaster to stop.
deffo mate, I'm finding all this really mentally draining

GBJ, Medway, Smiffy, Riggers and BoyWonder2 have all been correct on multiple issues. There are others I'm forgetting, so apologies to you.

As for the sale, there can be only one:

roman-reigns-acknowledge-me.gif
Forgot @Napster and @Mr Browns Ghost . Naps knows things that most people don't.

You might feel sorry for those few posters with a chip on each shoulder and carrying a sackful of inferiority complex.

Then again they spoil it for majority of us who enjoy snippets from good posters like yourself. Shame so many ITK’s are reluctant to post or feel forced into private messaging each other.

The Zone is a far more interesting read when they post and most of know the ones who are honest and we don’t judge them if they don’t get everything 100% right.

Why don’t those they contribute FA and wallow in misery set up their own group and out grizzle each other in private…… Just an idea.
If I could like this post twice, I would.

Would it not be possible to build a new east and North stand in the current car park.then add a source stand etc. So in effect moving the whole stadium 70/ 80 yds East of its current position.

Anything is possible it’s the cost that’s the question

So basically after 17,600 posts we are still in the same place as when Ron said the club is up for sale.
I suppose knowing what he's actually selling helps a little for buyers, rather than the name, half a team and unknown or hidden debts plus possible rents for RM.

So who is this other buyer that matterface was going on about? Or all pie in the sky?
Imo. It’s Con Martin calling his source at talk sh@te to keep wind up of fans n prospective buyers going.
Imo he has no interest in selling anything at roots hall. SUFC goes out of existence. The other company’s and families company’s own the stadium and land around it. With no football club and the council n MP’s on side the covenant will eventually be overruled and flats built at Roots Hall and Fossetts Farm. Over Half a BILLION pound gross. With not even the cost of building the new Stadium.
Over 60 years of supporting this club. And all those memories down the years. This is such a sad thing for me n thousands like me. Just can’t believe he is going to get away with it. 🥵🥵

So basically after 17,600 posts we are still in the same place as when Ron said the club is up for sale.
Sort of, his statement on Monday took FF of the table. If he doesn't own the club or the land, he won't build a new stadium for us. The deal is now:

• £1 - loss making business
  • £2.5 - debt
  • £4.5 - stadium in need of repairs
  • £TBC - new training ground w/as yet undelivered portakabins
This is much more akin to a normal football club sale: business + debt + assets. Someone will take a punt, we just have to hope it's all before the NL boots us into oblivion.

No surprise to me, the writing has been on the wall for quite some time. Unfortunately for us fans the club is finished; whether the club continues to exist or not moving forward is of no real consequence to Ron at this point in time and his actions have repeatedly illustrated this.

Maybe, but he's been keeping the club alive for a reason
To get planning permission. It becomes more difficult if the club collpases but if he owns the land nobody can take it from it.

As he got pp he started to wind down his funding of the club

Sort of, his statement on Monday took FF of the table. If he doesn't own the club or the land, he won't build a new stadium for us. The deal is now:

• £1 - loss making business
  • £2.5 - debt
  • £4.5 - stadium in need of repairs
  • £TBC - new training ground w/as yet undelivered portakabins
This is much more akin to a normal football club sale: business + debt + assets. Someone will take a punt, we just have to hope it's all before the NL boots us into oblivion.

Someone may well take a punt, but whoever does will be thinking they can make some money out of the ground by changing its use to residential rather than football. So basically Ron v2.0.

There's no other reason to buy it other than love for SUFC and at £7m and counting, plus ongoing running costs - that's a lot of love.

What we have going for us is that, as I understand, the Council won't agree to any sort of development on Roots Hall until such time as alternative facilities are found for the football club. So we're pretty much back where we started in 1990 when I first became a supporter.

At least Ms Firth. And Dudridge are doing all they can to help save the club .And before you all say its hope for votes I don't believe it is .At least someone is trying to help .
According to post reported on here, Drudridge was paid £2,000.00 and Firth £1,000.00 pounds to go to winders court the time before last !!!! You think either are doing this out of their love for Southend United Fc ?

No surprise to me, the writing has been on the wall for quite some time. Unfortunately for us fans the club is finished; whether the club continues to exist or not moving forward is of no real consequence to Ron at this point in time and his actions have repeatedly illustrated this.
That isn't what Sam Matterface said on talkSPORTS, he said another bidder is making a bid and Southend fans can expect good news in 24/48 hours.

i really hope he knows something we dont. 🙏

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back