• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s no actual deadline tomorrow for anything. I suspect they’re saying that because the National League supposedly gave us until the 28th (speculative and I haven’t seen that in any official or corroborated sources) and there is a weekend upcoming, which doesn’t give many working days left.

If something is going to happen, lawyers etc can work around the clock. There’s no reason for a deadline of tomorrow to exist.
To be honest I always thought the deadline would be next Friday night as that would give a week until Oldham. If let’s say progress has been made they might allow us until Tuesday night at the latest I’m guessing.

Surely you not blind to the fact people are worried SICK and the toll its having on us all.

So the few ITK dropping vague hints of "I know something going on" - which like 99% of the time turns out to be crap, its just killing peoples emotions.

So yea, perhaps all the ITK's should stop posting stuff of what "might" be happening as fact and what until its public?
100% bang on the money. About time someone said that. Many ITK posts I've read, leave me totally underwhelmed, or just turn out to be WAY off the mark ..... thereby rendering them of little value and quite demoralising.

I don’t want to knock his efforts because he is doing much more than most people and it could end up finding a decent buyer.. but…

To give out rumours like ‘there will be a statement in the next 48 hours’ and replying to posts with ‘Kimura are definitely in this still’ and then telling everyone ‘We got 9,500 on twitter spaces last night!! Tune into talksport at midday tomorrow!’

For it just to be the same **** that is posted on here (which is near to pointless rumours for weeks on end).

It just seems like endless drivel from someone trying to feed their self importance…
Fair to question his motives but really look at what he has said and ask, has any of it come to fruition? If not... then you can say he's full of s##t, or been mislead.

1. It wasn't a rumour - he said a statement would be given - and it was. He didn't say what was in that statement but people assumed it would be regarding the purchase and identification. Not the case and it cannot possibly be until a deal is signed between Ron and the new buyer/buyers. Nevertheless, a statement was issued.

2. The statement does not say Kimura are out. It suggests they are not the leaders, when perhaps once they were. Clearly they were interested independently, but due to the deal on offer by Ron, have decided against. However, it would appear they still want a piece of the pie, and realise that if they ultimately did want to take sole leadership, they're in a better position to negotiate later down the line without Ron involved. They appear to still be in it - so again this was correct information given.

With regards to the 9,500 Twitter and talksport comments, you think he has a person agenda? Maybe he does, I don't know the guy, but I can't see what he is getting out of it other than riding the wave of a small bit of an ego push with providing privileged information.... but what's wrong with that? As long as he is proving to be providing correct information, as he appears to be, who cares if it boosts his ego or not. I personally would rather information is distributed through one source and one channel than multiple sources, leaving us all confused. The space provides anyone an opportunity to go on and question. As far as I can see, Jack hasn't made a claim that hasn't followed through. He's quite careful as to what he does and doesn't say.

The whole process is frustrating, but try to remember, we are in this situation because of one man.

100% bang on the money. About time someone said that. Many ITK posts I've read, leave me totally underwhelmed, or just turn out to be WAY off the mark ..... thereby rendering them of little value and quite demoralising.
Could just click Ignore on the ITKs. Might make for a confusing (more than it already is) thread though :Smile:

So a statement, from people who are public known to want to buy the football club, stating they are still in, but are wanting to work in a more collabrative way with other parties is not a big thing? Would you rather of just heard nothing and let RM continue to put out the message he is doing everything in his power yet doing nothing?
Well, that is one way of interpreting it. I am one of a number of people who think it is actually quite worrying.

Which goes to the heart of it, doesn't it? Opinion and analysis isn't news. Even when it is well meant.

We need a statement after todays meeting, there isn't time left for endless meetings now.
The clock is ticking and we are RUNNING OUT OF TIME.

They are either buying the club or they are not, they need to come to a decision NOW..

Fair to question his motives but really look at what he has said and ask, has any of it come to fruition? If not... then you can say he's full of s##t, or been mislead.

1. It wasn't a rumour - he said a statement would be given - and it was. He didn't say what was in that statement but people assumed it would be regarding the purchase and identification. Not the case and it cannot possibly be until a deal is signed between Ron and the new buyer/buyers. Nevertheless, a statement was issued.

2. The statement does not say Kimura are out. It suggests they are not the leaders, when perhaps once they were. Clearly they were interested independently, but due to the deal on offer by Ron, have decided against. However, it would appear they still want a piece of the pie, and realise that if they ultimately did want to take sole leadership, they're in a better position to negotiate later down the line without Ron involved. They appear to still be in it - so again this was correct information given.

With regards to the 9,500 Twitter and talksport comments, you think he has a person agenda? Maybe he does, I don't know the guy, but I can't see what he is getting out of it other than riding the wave of a small bit of an ego push with providing privileged information.... but what's wrong with that? As long as he is proving to be providing correct information, as he appears to be, who cares if it boosts his ego or not. I personally would rather information is distributed through one source and one channel than multiple sources, leaving us all confused. The space provides anyone an opportunity to go on and question. As far as I can see, Jack hasn't made a claim that hasn't followed through. He's quite careful as to what he does and doesn't say.

The whole process is frustrating, but try to remember, we are in this situation because of one man.
I disagree here. Ron has stated his side of the bargain, what’s to stop an interested party making their side public too? It’s about time someone turned the pressure up on him, the best way seems to say “yes we’ll take those terms”.

My assumption therefore is that they don’t want those terms but want to negotiate better terms, or don’t even know what terms they want yet.

Neither of those fill me with confidence.

Surely you not blind to the fact people are worried SICK and the toll its having on us all.

So the few ITK dropping vague hints of "I know something going on" - which like 99% of the time turns out to be crap, its just killing peoples emotions.

So yea, perhap all the ITK's should stop posting stuff of what "might" be happening as fact and what until its public?

Your wish is my command.

I disagree here. Ron has stated his side of the bargain, what’s to stop an interested party making their side public too? It’s about time someone turned the pressure up on him, the best way seems to say “yes we’ll take those terms”.

My assumption therefore is that they don’t want those terms but want to negotiate better terms, or don’t even know what terms they want yet.

Neither of those fill me with confidence.
Ron is the only seller so nothing to stop him going public, especially with 200 outside his house every weekend.

What's to stop others? - competition.... it gives their stance away. Its all about negotiation.

Indeed. Even if it were possible, demolishing all four stands, remediating the site and then re-building would cost significantly more than a new build stadium.

The way forward is to take each stand in isolation, and sympathetically refurbish around the existing infrastructure. That will enable us to use the stadium with minimal impact on capacity and functionality throughout the season.

Would it not be possible to build a new east and North stand in the current car park.then add a source stand etc. So in effect moving the whole stadium 70/ 80 yds East of its current position.

Reactions: TJC
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back