• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree here. Ron has stated his side of the bargain, what’s to stop an interested party making their side public too? It’s about time someone turned the pressure up on him, the best way seems to say “yes we’ll take those terms”.

My assumption therefore is that they don’t want those terms but want to negotiate better terms, or don’t even know what terms they want yet.

Neither of those fill me with confidence.

Buyers and sellers tend not to want to do their negotiations in public though. You can tell by the number of unanswered questions on this thread that it's not 100% clear what you're getting for your money from the Ron offer, so I don't think it's as simple as someone putting out a statement saying those terms are acceptable.

Ron is the only seller so nothing to stop him going public, especially with 200 outside his house every weekend.

What's to stop others? - competition.... it gives their stance away. Its all about negotiation.
Maybe that’s the case, but if they’re happy to meet his terms others will find out when their bids are rejected and told that they have a higher offer.

The huge advantage the party who goes public will get is a massive swell of backing and increased pressure and protesting for Ron to accept the deal he said he would.

As I say, it only really gets more complex if you aren’t ready to offer what Ron has said he’ll accept.

Your wish is my command.
You're pretty much the only person who's content I believe. I dont know how or where you are involved with the club, but your info is (usually lol) always very good.

And what I like with your output, is its always done in a careful way, never for glory or "i know something others dont" vibe. Seems you always wait till close to something being as sure as it can be before posting, or will hold off on something if you not 100% sure.

Which too be fair, was the aim of my last comment you highlighted "hold off until you are sure" (again, to me feels like you are someone that does)

You're pretty much the only person who's content I believe. I dont know how or where you are involved with the club, but your info is (usually lol) always very good.

And what I like with your output, is its always done in a careful way, never for glory or "i know something others dont" vibe. Seems you always wait till close to something being as sure as it can be before posting, or will hold off on something if you not 100% sure.

Which too be fair, was the aim of my last comment you highlighted "hold off until you are sure" (again, to me feels like you are someone that does)
I don't think other ITK posters are necessarily unsure on things, it's just that their info is normally from one side, this process is moving quickly and sometimes what is put out is minimal and leaves a lot of room for optimistic interpretation.

Personally I think more care could be put in at times (saying "listen out for talksport after an announcement comes out" could have mentioned it would be a fan phoning in simply repeating what we already know) but ultimately people are busy and tired so it's understandable communication isn't perfect.

The idea of coming onto shrimperzone to read only people ranting without any ITK sharing tidbits seems utterly pointless. The majority of us are thankful for those who do share what they can as we all need some hope at times like this.

Would it not be possible to build a new east and North stand in the current car park.then add a source stand etc. So in effect moving the whole stadium 70/ 80 yds East of its current position.
The width of the current pitch is virtually the size of the central old double barrelled West stand ,and the length of the current pitch starting at the west would take it to roughly where the car park starts behind the East.
Plenty of scope for a realignment.Just need someone with deep pockets.What a difference a week makes after 15 years of FF is the answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back