• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Assuming starting on the East would be greater benefit in increasing revenue in the short term if it were to introduce improved and better facilities?
I'd favour spending the (no doubt) limited funds on improving the South, West and North, and providing temporary facilities in the car park to boost revenue-generating opportunities.

The East will need at least three to four months worth of survey work and design before you can start exploring detailed costings associated with wholesale redevelopment of that structure.

Would somone mind awfully compiling a list of ITK's and a grading of 1-5 (5 being the best)

Is there like a Chief ITK assessor out there that can compile this precious list for us?

So we all know who they are and how much their info can be trusted.

Then we can ****ing ban those three letters forever and know who's posts to look out for in future, without all this playground name calling, blaming and bitching going on.

Alternatively, I guess the ITK's should just stick to the private ITK forum that the rest don't have access to in the future. If you know, you know.

Cheers.

Smiffy (ITK - Grade 5 :Smile:)

Indeed. Even if it were possible, demolishing all four stands, remediating the site and then re-building would cost significantly more than a new build stadium.

The way forward is to take each stand in isolation, and sympathetically refurbish around the existing infrastructure. That will enable us to use the stadium with minimal impact on capacity and functionality throughout the season.
That makes the most economic sense especially at sufc current level of NL , with few visiting clubs bringing more than 3 or 4 hundred fans .

Would somone mind awfully compiling a list of ITK's and a grading of 1-5 (5 being the best)

So we all know who they are and how much their info can be trusted.

Then we can ****ing ban those three letters forever and know who's posts to look out for in future, without all this playground name calling, blaming and bitching going on.

Cheers.

Smiffy (ITK - Grade 5 :Smile:)
GBJ, Medway, Smiffy, Riggers and BoyWonder2 have all been correct on multiple issues. There are others I'm forgetting, so apologies to you.

As for the sale, there can be only one:

roman-reigns-acknowledge-me.gif

When this is all over I suggest we have have a parade of ITKs at Roots Hall. Many on here, myself included, would like to express our thanks to all the tittle tattle peddlars / on the QT merchants who have kept us going this summer. The show of appreciation for Kev Maher and the unpaid office staff could somehow be incorporated into this, but obviously it wouldn't be quite as important.

Surely you not blind to the fact people are worried SICK and the toll its having on us all.

So the few ITK dropping vague hints of "I know something going on" - which like 99% of the time turns out to be crap, its just killing peoples emotions.

So yea, perhap all the ITK's should stop posting stuff of what "might" be happening as fact and what until its public?
Alternatively those that want to wait for facts leave a fans forum and wait for official announcements. I think what CRATE has been sharing has been helpful and backed up by others as being true. Maybe others have picked up too much hope from what's been said. Most of the ITKs have shared info that has been pertinent at the time and a few like Clairvoyant have just been on the **** take.

The football club does not generate 'good revenues' or simply put we would not be in the position we're in now. Yes it generates turnover, but under the current structure there is no way someone without deep pockets and a plan to get us back into the EFL as fast as possible, could do anything to shorten the revenue shortfall gap.

Maybe it was certainly generating good revenues (it seems to have worked well for the current chairman - he has petrol in his Bentley) ) and of course we are in a hole of the chairmans personal construction.

The plague on our house is a incompetent (I am being generous) chairman and a pliant fan base in denial that they have been mugged ..

We are now in the same league as Dorking Wanderers and all those clubs that survive at this level on miniscule budgets - of course we could do better ..

Deadline for what?
There’s no actual deadline tomorrow for anything. I suspect they’re saying that because the National League supposedly gave us until the 28th (speculative and I haven’t seen that in any official or corroborated sources) and there is a weekend upcoming, which doesn’t give many working days left.

If something is going to happen, lawyers etc can work around the clock. There’s no reason for a deadline of tomorrow to exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back