• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, actually didn't occur to me to check the accounts for any potential info.

So Roots Hall Limited paid c. £4m for the Hall back in 1999.

Here's the title plan attached for the land sold (EX121122)

I think it would be worth quite a lot more than Ron's quoted price in 2023.

View attachment 27495
Looking at this and Google Maps, it is clear that thoughts of turning the pitch 90 degrees to create a larger capacity ground is not possible.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-07-20 at 16.13.28.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-20 at 16.13.28.png
    995.6 KB · Views: 82
Nice to see the blame game has stopped on ITK today…

And people wonder why some don’t post as much anymore.

You might feel sorry for those few posters with a chip on each shoulder and carrying a sackful of inferiority complex.

Then again they spoil it for majority of us who enjoy snippets from good posters like yourself. Shame so many ITK’s are reluctant to post or feel forced into private messaging each other.

The Zone is a far more interesting read when they post and most of know the ones who are honest and we don’t judge them if they don’t get everything 100% right.

Why don’t those they contribute FA and wallow in misery set up their own group and out grizzle each other in private…… Just an idea.

@CRATE Can you elaborate on the comment last night that it might be requested (presumably by interested parties) that protests are stepped down to concerntrate on getting a deal done? Nothing we have heard (yet) today suggests that to be the case? Is that because the messages coming out today aren't quite as expected or yet to come?

No one is ever going to win, no matter what they're doing or trying to do to help etc...
I say what I said above, not to dig you out at all @CRATE - you've been one of the only people to get your hands dirty when most of the fan base (me included) have sat on our arses moaning.

So for that, eternally grateful - and know you said you dont want praise etc.

But everyone is so on edge looking at the edge of the cliff, which is fast approaching and still nothign solid happening.

If you know different then thats great and the positivity you are projecting from what you know, is hard to get behind when you worried sick and nothing is official.

Nice to see the blame game has stopped on ITK today…

And people wonder why some don’t post as much anymore.
It's not every single one.

There are some ITK's that have proven they are worth listening to.

But please understand we have gone from headlines reading "95% done", to more than a month of anxiety and genuine fear the club would be wound up, management and players would leave, to now that sinking to "We're not going to be leading the club".

There's a lot of nonsense in the air and dissecting the truth from rumours is proving frustrating.

There is a difference between someone sharing an opinion, and some claiming to be in the know, and sharing "Eye" emoji's with clocks on Twitter. It's honestly pathetic

But please understand we have gone from headlines reading "95% done", to more than a month of anxiety and genuine fear the club would be wound up, management and players would leave, to now that sinking to "We're not going to be leading the club".

There's a lot of nonsense in the air and dissecting the truth from rumours is proving frustrating.

There is a difference between someone sharing an opinion, and some claiming to be in the know, and sharing "Eye" emoji's with clocks on Twitter. It's honestly pathetic
Well said

Looking at this and Google Maps, it is clear that thoughts of turning the pitch 90 degrees to create a larger capacity ground is not possible.
Indeed. Even if it were possible, demolishing all four stands, remediating the site and then re-building would cost significantly more than a new build stadium.

The way forward is to take each stand in isolation, and sympathetically refurbish around the existing infrastructure. That will enable us to use the stadium with minimal impact on capacity and functionality throughout the season.

If any members of the Martin clan are reading this they must be ****ing themselves with laughter. Instead of getting more united in getting our chairman to sell we're squabbling over ITKs for f***s sake. I know whose posts on here I trust, accept that things may change or that timetables shift so I am glad to read them. I just keep my expectations low and hopes high. If I'd just had official statements over the past months I'd have given up hope long ago. Some of the problems are not the original posts from ITKs but the misinterpretations of them by some which then become "fact" by repetition. So please make up your own mind what to believe or not but, as has been said before, don't shoot the messenger. We're all on the same side, aren't we?

Indeed. Even if it were possible, demolishing all four stands, remediating the site and then re-building would cost significantly more than a new build stadium.

The way forward is to take each stand in isolation, and sympathetically refurbish around the existing infrastructure. That will enable us to use the stadium with minimal impact on capacity and functionality throughout the season.
Yep, this is also my thinking.

Assuming starting on the East would be greater benefit in increasing revenue in the short term if it were to introduce improved and better facilities?

I think the fact if the matter is that everything is so fast moving (in circles!), by the time anything is 'leaked' something has changed. I suspect those that are in the room negotiating leave the room thinking progress has been made, only to find by the time they get home, its all changed!

Summary of events to date:

Ron wants to sell club and FF
Kimura make bid that Ron accepts
Kimura's DD uncovers multiple issues that mean they have to revise their offer
Ron will not accept new offer
Jack Martin invents alternative bid ('Colchester Estate Agent') to pressure Kimura
Kimura don't blink
Ron goes through his contact book to find allies who might bail out SUFC for a slice of the FF pie. PGSS likely to be one of them.
Under pressure from various local stakeholders, Ron revises the deal to include RH and not FF with the hope some of his cronies might bite
Kimura are out but willing to participate, probably from their personal wealth rather than with the backing of investors.

Go back through my posts on this thread and this is all there. But yeah, I'm just making it up.

Assuming starting on the East would be greater benefit in increasing revenue in the short term if it were to introduce improved and better facilities?
For me, knowing nothing about this stuff, the east would be the only contender for a knock down and rebuild, as I imagine it would be tricky to renovate it in such a way that provided top class facilities and sizeable increase in capacity?

The trouble that Kimura, and every other individual or business who is trying to negotiate with RM will have is that he is the ultimate narcissict, which means that he will always want to get the last word in, move the goal posts, or spin things to make himself look good, even when it is clear he has nowhere to go. Whether we like it or not, he holds the one thing that makes buying a seriously in debt, assetless football club viable - and that is the land. That gives him the biggest bargaining chip of all, and he will always spin it in his favour.

There is a line in a Harry Potter film, referring to the evil Voldemort, that springs to mind when dealing with people like Ron. It goes on the lines of "if anything, he feels even more dangerous!"

My point is, that the normal "reasonable" negotiating tactics will not work, and will continue to not work, as he will always find a way to move the goal posts - as we have seen! Hopefully, the skilled negotiators who are involved in the discussions will have figured this out and will know what cards they need to play to strike a deal. They will need to play him at his own game, and be better at it than he is. The trouble is, then you can then open yourselves up to a takeover by someone even worse than he is!

That is why everything needs to stay totally under wraps. Any hint of what is coming will make its way to RM's attention will be like handing him a way to wriggle out of whatever agreement he may have made minutes beforehand.

Frustrating though it is, and much as we are all desperate for good news, I still think this will be a while coming. I am starting to think that taking over the club, losses and all, with the deal RM has offered is the only way forward - and then once club ownership is established, even as a loss making entity, but is away from him, then start the longer term planning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back