• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so confused by the stance of some people. It was confirmed a statement would come out this morning, said statement took place. In the statement, KIMURA confirmed they're not out of a deal, but they want others support. They're is already a collaborative working style in place (which many on here can confirm) and KIMURA have simply informed the fans, they do not plan on buying the club single handedly but will look to, and are working hard, to work together with a group of people to do so. There will be so much to get behind, and there is still NO reason to keep the faith, other than people coming up with nothing statements and comments about what is going on.
I think its because the statement was made out to be such a big thing and we should all get behind it, but it was extremely underwhelming and offered not much hope to people.

Guys I've been on holiday since last Wednesday just got home. The last I saw was we got the date adjourned by the judge. Can anyone summarise what has happened since upto today please, so much contrasting information on twitter and here I am losing my mind
To add to this - I read Kimuras statement at the airport. I am not very hopeful unless there is another party I have missed that can form a consortium. Who is it?

I think its because the statement was made out to be such a big thing and we should all get behind it, but it was extremely underwhelming and offered not much hope to people.
So a statement, from people who are public known to want to buy the football club, stating they are still in, but are wanting to work in a more collabrative way with other parties is not a big thing? Would you rather of just heard nothing and let RM continue to put out the message he is doing everything in his power yet doing nothing?

the only thing I'd add is that there was a comment last night around potentially being asked by said group of people to not protest this weekend. There was nothing in the statement this morning to suggest that, so are we to expect another statement today/tomorrow?

So to sum up the last few days:

18/7/23
"There's a meeting with interested parties and Ron to thrash out a deal"

- Expectation rises

19/7/23
"Expect a statement tomorrow from an interested party with finer details of what their plans for the club are"
- Expectation rises

20/7/23
Announcement from said party stating that the only publicly known party who were interested in buying the club, have cooled interest in being sole investors and are seeking other financers to buy the club as a consortium. Although the fact it has been nearly a month and a half since the "Wallop" instagram post, this is now redundant as it is the individual and not the actual company who is interested. - While I'm on it, that Wallop" post is an absolute joke and reminds me of Sol Campbells posts

- Expectation Sinks

But not to worry, read between the lines of this statement as apparently it's cryptic, and big things coming at Midday, so all tune into Talk Sh!te.

- Expectation is precarious

Interview is with a fan and not actually an interested party who isn't actually able to announce anything. Nothing revealed that we didn't already know.

- Expectation drops once more

But not to worry, there's another meeting this afternoon with the consortium (no known agenda or timeline).

Convinced some of these ITK's are just making stuff up to inflate their own ego's. Absolute nonsense
Your last line is so true........... I'm starting to think that some of these so called "ITKs" enjoy the kudos and feeling of being a bit "special"........ just a bit too much.

Perhaps its addictive.??

I am so confused by the stance of some people. It was confirmed a statement would come out this morning, said statement took place. In the statement, KIMURA confirmed they're not out of a deal, but they want others support. They're is already a collaborative working style in place (which many on here can confirm) and KIMURA have simply informed the fans, they do not plan on buying the club single handedly but will look to, and are working hard, to work together with a group of people to do so. There will be so much to get behind, and there is still NO reason to NOT keep the faith, other than people coming up with nothing statements and comments about what is going on.
People saw that Kimura don’t want to buy the club themselves and just panicked to be honest. Considering all the other aspects and the fact people from Kimura are already talking to other potential people who they could work together with to save the club. We just have to hope discussions in the next few days go well.

you have a point..........I've lost a lot of confidence in most of the so called "ITKs" on here. The vast majority of their insider knowledge................has come to nothing.
Often they are correct at the time though. They are simply relaying what they have heard at that particular moment. The good intentions of buyers-- who we often hear about-- seem to come undone when they have to negotiate with Ron. So, from a ITKs point of view there may well be hopeful news worth sharing, and this remains positive up until the point it is extinguished. That's not the fault of the ITK and it's not a case of anyone deliberately misleading people; the ITKs don't know how things are exactly going to pan out. Nobody does.

So a statement, from people who are public known to want to buy the football club, stating they are still in, but are wanting to work in a more collabrative way with other parties is not a big thing? Would you rather of just heard nothing and let RM continue to put out the message he is doing everything in his power yet doing nothing?
From my PoV, the way it was being whipped up late yesterday, like "been great progress, very exciting news, people can relax a bit, keep the faith" etc - and then you saying "when this comes out tomorrow its going to be exciting and really need all the fans to get behind it when you hear about it"

Well, to the lay-fan, all we've heard officially now is the group we hoped would be buying are pulling out as a group and vague hints that some of the group are open to joining others going forward.

Now you've said "read between the lines". Which is great, yep, get that and what hints are happening.

But its far from the trumpet on the hill statement I think most were hoping for and there isnt much for us to "get behind and share" on social media at the moment.

Be honest, what are we meant to do with this news today social media wise?

"YES!!!! FORM A NEW GROUP WHO MAY BE INTERESTED GOING FORWARD!!!! #Hope #PleaseRetweet!!!!!"

Like theres nothing... we dont know who is involved, what their plans are, how close this is to action etc.

I think you've overplayed it knowing as much as you know from behind the scenes, but publically, there isnt much here we can get our teeth into and its still EXTREMELY worrying.

Need a bit more transparency from this group than "might, may, we'll see"

Nice to see the blame game has stopped on ITK today…

And people wonder why some don’t post as much anymore.

Some people are gonna just hate on everything the ITKs say unless it's positive and happens within minutes of you posting. Also it doesn't help when ITKs and the "ITKs" have been contradicting each other constantly :ROFL:

We're all a bit sensitive at the moment with how close we are to oblivion and whilst most of us appreciate what the ITKs can share it's what they are not saying/can not say is what we all really want to know.

I'm not sure what you mean by blame game BW2, I think most are thankful for @CRATE's work and for him attempting to share what he can, but equally underwhelmed by what was hinted at (an announcement to get behind and talksport interview at midday) compared to what came about (both of those things, but about the most underwhelming versions of each).

It's tempting to just try to butter up the ITK's ego with only positive comments, but being explicit in our thanks whilst providing a little polite feedback on how the info has been received seems the best way to go.

Surely you not blind to the fact people are worried SICK and the toll its having on us all.

So the few ITK dropping vague hints of "I know something going on" - which like 99% of the time turns out to be crap, its just killing peoples emotions.

So yea, perhap all the ITK's should stop posting stuff of what "might" be happening as fact and what until its public?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back