• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
After satadays match .It seemes with the season over our club can go one of two ways find a buyer or go bust .Lets hope the later does not come along .Ron is a man who can not stump up the cash to save our club .So its seems to be just weeks before we either get a vbuyer in .Or we are well and truely sunk without a trace .

Carl is currently is Bosnia, promoting some private work of his out in the Balkans but rest assured he's not asleep at the wheel in all this.
Judging from his response in this thread it sounds like he's not even in the car, never mind if he is awake or asleep at the wheel. Just as I was hopeful I could rest assured....oh well...disturbed sleep continues :-)

I'm hearing tonight that Nash is definitely interested. There are other parties involved in his consortium but their identities are unknown at present. He first spoke to General Sports Worldwide as early as last month.

Rio and Anton Ferdinand have also lodged their interest and are doing their own Those words are banned.
From what I've heard the last few days, I am in absolutely no doubt that he and some partners are interested. Just hats in the ring at the moment though, along with some other interested parties as @Lincoln Shrimp suggests.

Personally hoping Nash can do a deal. If he can then I think there will be much to be excited about.

From what I've heard the last few days, I am in absolutely no doubt that he and some partners are interested. Just hats in the ring at the moment though, along with some other interested parties as @Lincoln Shrimp suggests.

Personally hoping Nash can do a deal. If he can then I think there will be much to be excited about.
I’m massively out of the loop here - why would you be excited if it was to be Nash?

I'm hearing tonight that Nash is definitely interested. There are other parties involved in his consortium but their identities are unknown at present. He first spoke to General Sports Worldwide as early as last month.

Rio and Anton Ferdinand have also lodged their interest and are doing their own Those words are banned.
Really hope this is true about Nash and the Ferdinands being interested in buying the club 🙏

Because the wealth and connections involved would be huge. I think the people involved are looking for a club like ours at this end of the country to grow.
Not only that but he's also a co-owner at Vancouver Whitcaps since 2009 (I think) and also involved with RCD Mallorca since 2016 (I think, again) so should know his way around the football business (unlike uncle Ron) I also hope he is involved as he seems to be an astute business man.

So Carl is not in the running. Let’s hope the rumours for the others don’t turn out to be without merit
Can’t be healthy all this speculation

Rio Ferdinand net worth is 75 million dollars so definitely wealthy enough to buy the club if he was interested. Even more so if part of a consortium..

So two very wealthy guys vying to buy the club if the rumours are true and its a big IF.

We can but hope...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back