• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted that Kimura had backed away and effectively were at he back door some weeks ago, but this was met by the seemingly ITKs firmly assuring the complete opposite and look where are we now. It may be they might still be re positioning as stated , given Rons latest plan, but I wont hold my breath
I think as you indicated sometime back Kimura as the Company have been pushed further and further away from a deal by RM twists and turns, but as individuals Simon and Kris still want to do something but would need to financially be part of a Consortium to achieve anything.

I honestly dont know why people are getting on Jack's case. I dont know the guy personally, but my initial observations are:

1. He's never claimed to be the saviour
2. He doesn't appear to have an an agenda
3. He's a conduit of information from the current interested consortium to minimse rumours.
4. He is not a spokesman, he just wants to stop the constant multiple rumours and is investigating what truly is happening.

I don’t want to knock his efforts because he is doing much more than most people and it could end up finding a decent buyer.. but…

To give out rumours like ‘there will be a statement in the next 48 hours’ and replying to posts with ‘Kimura are definitely in this still’ and then telling everyone ‘We got 9,500 on twitter spaces last night!! Tune into talksport at midday tomorrow!’

For it just to be the same **** that is posted on here (which is near to pointless rumours for weeks on end).

It just seems like endless drivel from someone trying to feed their self importance…

Wrong quote and can't fully remove. <<<<Sorry. >>>>>>

TalkSport have just called me. The comment by Sam Mattaface at the end, relates to the conversations he has had with people who had meetings yesterday. Hope this helps!
Crate could I ask if you expected to speak on TalkSport today or did the original guest, somebody who was a potential buyer/ possible consortium member, needed more time and backed out so you went in their place?

Not sure it helps going back as not sure it changes anything.

You had the share purchase that delivered a club with a load of debt. RH stadium had a big mortgage (Lloyds?). SEL bought ground from club for £4.5m so club could clear debts incl. Lloyds. You could say the cost of buying the club is just the cost of the shares and pretend taking on the debts doesn't count as cost.

That is no more valid then than it is now. Probably he can say he paid £4.5m for the stadium I'm afraid - just like now a buyer isn't buying the club for £1, they are buying the shares for £1 but paying off the debts is a real cost to, money they have to find as part of the purchase..

The facts are rarely on Ron's side, but here probably they are, so not a fruitful avenue as it will collide with reality.

I am so confused by the stance of some people. It was confirmed a statement would come out this morning, said statement took place. In the statement, KIMURA confirmed they're not out of a deal, but they want others support. They're is already a collaborative working style in place (which many on here can confirm) and KIMURA have simply informed the fans, they do not plan on buying the club single handedly but will look to, and are working hard, to work together with a group of people to do so. There will be so much to get behind, and there is still NO reason to NOT keep the faith, other than people coming up with nothing statements and comments about what is going on.

Last edited:
I totally disagree. Business isn't all about revenue. If it was such a good proposition it would have been sold ages ago !

why did RM hold onto it so long ????

just maybe RM held onto it cos he could loot it for loads of quids every year .... and then tell the fans/mugs they owed him 24 million..

I am so confused by the stance of some people. It was confirmed a statement would come out this morning, said statement took place. In the statement, KIMURA confirmed they're not out of a deal, but they want others support. They're is already a collaborative working style in place (which many on here can confirm) and KIMURA have simply informed the fans, they do not plan on buying the club single handedly but will look to, and are working hard, to work together with a group of people to do so. There will be so much to get behind, and there is still NO reason to keep the faith, other than people coming up with nothing statements and comments about what is going on.
I hope thats an mis type - there is still no reason to keep the faith? I am hoping you meant still no reason not to keep the faith

As in there is hope and have faith a take over will happen.

Time I s the issue, what is the NL deadline as we haven’t heard anything (not even a rumour) on that as yet

Last edited:
Guys I've been on holiday since last Wednesday just got home. The last I saw was we got the date adjourned by the judge. Can anyone summarise what has happened since upto today please, so much contrasting information on twitter and here I am losing my mind

I am fed up with "Spokesman for the fans" and ITK people who actually know very little.

Completely lowering the tone and the mood of Zoners.

I will, hopefully, wait for official news ---- before the club dies.

UTB
you have a point..........I've lost a lot of confidence in most of the so called "ITKs" on here. The vast majority of their insider knowledge................has come to nothing.

rubbish .... we can run this club ..

SUFC is a perfectly sustainable professional football club.

It is also a good business proposition and generates good revenues.
The football club does not generate 'good revenues' or simply put we would not be in the position we're in now. Yes it generates turnover, but under the current structure there is no way someone without deep pockets and a plan to get us back into the EFL as fast as possible, could do anything to shorten the revenue shortfall gap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back