• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is possible to be both thankful for the work @CRATE is doing (I certainly am) and feel underwhelmed and a bit let down by what was hinted at yesterday and what actually has come to fruition.
Yes agree with you and note your considered comments on previous postings. I think any statements or announcements will be underwhelming to the one that states he has gone!

Time spent "educating" TalkShite is time wasted, imho. They are not part of the solution, but have the ability to falsely characterise the problem.

I know different people see different things, and I'm the last poster on SZ to be ITK, but I'm struggling to see anything positive in that Kimura statement. It may be a piece of re-positioning, but to me it looks like an organisation backing towards the exit door. Hopefully I am wildly wrong.

I think the comms. on all this is a mess now. Too many people are putting half-truths and cryptic messages out because they know that people are desperate for news. And, as we are seeing, much of it is half right at best and complete horse**** at worst.

RM has to take some of the blame for that, but not all of it. Some people seem to be enjoying this process far too much, especially when you consider what is at stake.
I hark back to the day before internet, smartphones and when social media wasn't even a term. The only way of getting information was from the local newspaper or ceefax (390 if I'm not mistaken)

So to sum up the last few days:

18/7/23
"There's a meeting with interested parties and Ron to thrash out a deal"

- Expectation rises

19/7/23
"Expect a statement tomorrow from an interested party with finer details of what their plans for the club are"
- Expectation rises

20/7/23
Announcement from said party stating that the only publicly known party who were interested in buying the club, have cooled interest in being sole investors and are seeking other financers to buy the club as a consortium. Although the fact it has been nearly a month and a half since the "Wallop" instagram post, this is now redundant as it is the individual and not the actual company who is interested. - While I'm on it, that Wallop" post is an absolute joke and reminds me of Sol Campbells posts

- Expectation Sinks

But not to worry, read between the lines of this statement as apparently it's cryptic, and big things coming at Midday, so all tune into Talk Sh!te.

- Expectation is precarious

Interview is with a fan and not actually an interested party who isn't actually able to announce anything. Nothing revealed that we didn't already know.

- Expectation drops once more

But not to worry, there's another meeting this afternoon with the consortium (no known agenda or timeline).

Convinced some of these ITK's are just making stuff up to inflate their own ego's. Absolute nonsense

You know what really gets me more than anything else about this situation?

4 months down the line from the March announcement and here we are. Possibly no more than a week away from SUFC being gone, and as it stands no further along than we were at the beginning of all this.

And we're still jumping on any glimmer of hope we're given, everything gets overhyped and every single ****ing time it's a letdown. Not aimed at one particular person as we've had it from so many different sources.

I've picked up bits and pieces myself over the past months (nothing that hasn't been said on here) but luckily saved myself the embarrassment of posting it and having to retract it all, as everything had changed or it simply wasn't true.

As it stands, we could be totally ****ed. Yet we're still here in this constant rumour mill, most of which proves to be total bull or misleading by the time it hits the forum.

Wake up people! This is not a fun game of Chinese whispers, this is our football club's very existence we're on about! Every single bit of information we share could have real implications for any rescue plan.

We seriously need to stop getting caught up in the drama of half truths and false hope and focus on direct fan action against our current owner. Starting with Saturday's planned protest. Anything else is nothing more than a distraction.

PS: TalkSport are an absolute disgrace, everything wrong with the English game in 2023.

Probably nobody. This mythical 'other bidder' seems to appear every time we hear any noise/intentions of a party to close a deal. I wonder who might be feeding that information to others...
Oh, come on you're not telling me there's someone puting out false information? 😲 😉 I think I'm so punchdrunk from this whole saga, that suddenly, unquestionably, I accept what someone says, as truth..........silly me! Anyway this whole, ridiculous soap opera has to come to an end, one way or another, in the next week or so. We shall see soon enough. I don't know whether we'll find out the identity of all the players and the only one we can be sure about......................is the villain.

Kimura have passed the baton but are still in the relay team, so to speak.

The good thing is that during their leg, they undertook extensive DD, so their team-mates will know what they're up against. This is not a standing start, but the obvious outlier is Martin and how he responds to a public counter to his "offer"...
Outlier
a person or THING differing from all other members of a particular group or set.

Think this describes Con Martin perfectly!!!!!

My head is spinning with all this coming and going
I am taking a break from here for the afternoon and am hoping by the time I get back on later there is some news - any news but please just let’s have something positive that we can all run with

But Ron has put what he wants for the club theres no higher or lower price. to have the club you need to pay for the stadium, 4.5 million or over 3 years or one big sum . Clear debt hmrc 1 million and the other 1.5 million debt can be spread. no negotiation of price is to be done.
Ha ha no.

Those are values that Ron has placed on it.

He may achieve more than those prices if he can get 2 or more bidders in an auction type scenario.

He may achieve less if there is only one bidder that values the assets at somewhat less. If Ron can, or will, accept lower will be the deciding factor in this scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back