• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
So they’ve got Jack on to speak for 10 minutes and then as they sign off Sam Matterface states that we should have sone good news in the next 24 hours, when news of a new bidder comes out and they’ll discuss it tomorrow.

I’m sorry, I know we’re a soap opera but no need for the cliffhanger ending. 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️
And that was the most interesting line of the interview (as we know the rest)

So they’ve got Jack on to speak for 10 minutes and then as they sign off Sam Matterface states that we should have sone good news in the next 24 hours, when news of a new bidder comes out and they’ll discuss it tomorrow.

I’m sorry, I know we’re a soap opera but no need for the cliffhanger ending. 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️
I thought exactly the same - until that point @CRATE was basically filling their listeners in on what has already been discussed on here ad infinitum. And then right at the end the news of a second bidder! How does he know?

Assume Ron (former darling of Talksport) might have fed him

It sounded like they don't have a clue so I wouldn't read too much into that tbh.

I have to be honest. I thought it was going to be the people involved in the consortium taking on air.

Unfortunately, as brutal as this sounds. Southend United is on life support and needs action and money now.

The time for talk has long since passed if we are to start the season.

Don’t think you can expect Talksport to know the full machinations of what is going on and I’ve always found them sympathetic in their outlook on what is happening, particularly those lower league savvy like Charlie Baker and Max Rushden…they quite often have Terry Alderton on as well who was advertising his fundraiser for the employees. And if they weren’t interested why broadcast this to an audience of plastic premier league supporters anyway…outside our echo chamber this isn’t top of the agenda so I give them credit…but that cliffhanger at the end!

nice how the other bloke (not Matterface) tried to say it was the fans taking over …. er no it’s not 🤦🏻‍♂️

First Stan, now Jack (CRATE) - can people target their frustrations to the right places please?

Jack is doing a great job of raising awareness of the issues our club is facing right now, more than anyone else on here. 9.5k listeners on a Twitter Space, a slot with TalkSport, comms with RM...Cheers and keep up the good work.

What? Did I just hear the TalkSport host sign off by saying another bid for the club is imminent and we should hear in the next 48hours, and all should be fine???? Did Ron call off air prior to get his own "story" out?
@CRATE do you believe A) the supposed impending statement in the next day or two is the one from the consortium, does this align with what you've heard, or do you think they're B) talking about another potential bid or C) have no idea what they're talking about and should be ignored?

I have said before on here everyone is entitled to their opinion but I am so glad I don't share some of them!
SZ is definitely a reflection of the varied levels of lucid thinking and respect to be had in society and community, which after all the Zone pertains to be.
I do not personally know CRATE but I thank him for his efforts to be a conduit for information for his fellow Shrimpers and therefore I find the tone of certain posts and admonishing content aimed at him as totally out of order.
Now he attempts to educate a woefully under researched TS on the reality of our current situation. Jack, well done Sir!

Don’t think you can expect Talksport to know the full machinations of what is going on and I’ve always found them sympathetic in their outlook on what is happening, particularly those lower league savvy like Charlie Baker and Max Rushden…they quite often have Terry Alderton on as well who was advertising his fundraiser for the employees. And if they weren’t interested why broadcast this to an audience of plastic premier league supporters anyway…outside our echo chamber this isn’t top of the agenda so I give them credit…but that cliffhanger at the end!
Why not? They are a station that is dedicated to UK sport. It is very poor if they aren't very familiar with the most endangered club in the country's most popular sport. They really ought to know far more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back