• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have said before on here everyone is entitled to their opinion but I am so glad I don't share some of them!
SZ is definitely a reflection of the varied levels of lucid thinking and respect to be had in society and community, which after all the Zone pertains to be.
I do not personally know CRATE but I thank him for his efforts to be a conduit for information for his fellow Shrimpers and therefore I find the tone of certain posts and admonishing content aimed at him as totally out of order.
Now he attempts to educate a woefully under researched TS on the reality of our current situation. Jack, well done Sir!
It is possible to be both thankful for the work @CRATE is doing (I certainly am) and feel underwhelmed and a bit let down by what was hinted at yesterday and what actually has come to fruition.

OK, no statement until deal done........nothing has changed. Doesn't advance us to know the group if Martin doesn't wanrt to sell. Two very important and perhaps worrying things; 1) Martin appears to have moved the goalposts AGAIN concerning the statement he made about selling Roots Hall. 2) Did I hear correctly? The talksport bloke who appeared to be clueless, suddenly drops a bombshell at the end, claiming there is another bidder who is going to make an offer. WHO????????????

For those criticising Jack for repeating info from last night there are many people that arent on Twitter or on here so that might be the first time theyve heard it. My mum is ST holder and isnt on either platform so she gets her info from BBC Essex or me. So although yes to many Jack repeated himself to some that may well be fresh news. Also again it has been shared with a wider audience

The talksport bloke who appeared to be clueless, suddenly drops a bombshell at the end, claiming there is another bidder who is going to make an offer. WHO????????????
Probably nobody. This mythical 'other bidder' seems to appear every time we hear any noise/intentions of a party to close a deal. I wonder who might be feeding that information to others...

OK, no statement until deal done........nothing has changed. Doesn't advance us to know the group if Martin doesn't wanrt to sell. Two very important and perhaps worrying things; 1) Martin appears to have moved the goalposts AGAIN concerning the statement he made about selling Roots Hall. 2) Did I hear correctly? The talksport bloke who appeared to be clueless, suddenly drops a bombshell at the end, claiming there is another bidder who is going to make an offer. WHO????????????
I heard Dagenham Kev rang into TalkSport but again some miscommunication occurred and they know think he is another bidder and are lining him up for an interview tomorrow.

Never listened to Talksport before. What a completely clueless organisation.
Crate is clearly working hard on our behalf, well done, but is guilty of over-hyping. We were led to believe an announcement would be made today, and that a representative or representatives from the consortium thinking about buying the club would be on the wireless.
We learned absolutely nothing, I’m afraid.

You've been banging this drum for a while now, but I haven't yet seen you actually do anything about it? Apologies if I've missed it.

This is very true .... I am not one of the heroes trying to structure something that could be viable.

All praise to those working behind the scenes to save our club - whoever they are.
I am open to proposals to help - but am not sure anyone wants the much derided Rayleigh Boy on board ..

I would say that I try and contribute some genuine thoughts on whats going on .. and have some real life experience of business.

I try and share my reading of the situation as a thought provoking conversation starter.

I think that it was useful try to get people to re-evaluate the non-sense they have been fed about FF -

I hope that by banging on about the turnover in the 2019 accounts people have woken up to the substance of this "broke" club.

I hope people seriously consider fan ownership ... it has worked for others..

Why not us ?

I reckon it's Ron directly to try to get the price up.
But Ron has put what he wants for the club theres no higher or lower price. to have the club you need to pay for the stadium, 4.5 million or over 3 years or one big sum . Clear debt hmrc 1 million and the other 1.5 million debt can be spread. no negotiation of price is to be done.

Why not? They are a station that is dedicated to UK sport. It is very poor if they aren't very familiar with the most endangered club in the country's most popular sport. They really ought to know far more.

Exactly, they know the inside of a ducks arse when it comes to the premier league and Saudi boxing (wonder why) but when it comes to grass roots are patronising/woefully clueless like a Surrey based united fan.

Time spent "educating" TalkShite is time wasted, imho. They are not part of the solution, but have the ability to falsely characterise the problem.

I know different people see different things, and I'm the last poster on SZ to be ITK, but I'm struggling to see anything positive in that Kimura statement. It may be a piece of re-positioning, but to me it looks like an organisation backing towards the exit door. Hopefully I am wildly wrong.

I think the comms. on all this is a mess now. Too many people are putting half-truths and cryptic messages out because they know that people are desperate for news. And, as we are seeing, much of it is half right at best and complete horse**** at worst.

RM has to take some of the blame for that, but not all of it. Some people seem to be enjoying this process far too much, especially when you consider what is at stake.

This thread is doing my brain in.

It's consuming my days and is the most confusing thread ever created.

We have gone from joy, anguish, laughter, pain, hoplesness, faith, anger and dispair. And that's just this morning.

Will someone, anyone just buy the club so we can all sign up for next season and look forward to our football.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back