• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Southend aren't sold this summer then I'm done with them completely...... I don't want to keep supporting a joke club every season! I haven't got problem with being crap on the pitch but I have problem supporting club with off field madness though. A club who struggle to pay the tea lady, that **** embarrassing to be honest.
Better change your name then sufc4life is not for you 👍🏻

It's sell the club or have it in administration by the autumn. I'm not sure he has much choice but to sell as swiftly as the process will allow.
2 things come to mind, RM likes to sweat the assets and do his usual last minute brinkmanship which invariably costs him or the club more than likely!
The second is the image of RM the cornered RAT

Still not sure what Ron is trying to sell. He's just saddled the club with a load of debt.It loses 200k a month. It has no assets, just a position in tge national league. It's hardly a great deal. Is this all smoke and mirrors from the snake oil salesman to get us to buy season tickets?
its possible. But seems more likely the owner is looking for a cash injection much larger than season tickets.

I still think he’ll f up the negotiations or scare people off but I do really think he wants a sale so he’ll have to compromise

There’s nothing more to do than wait but the sooner the better as we will start losing players fast

BBC news spend more time taking about Wrexham now than any of the Prem teams

I wonder how long until people get sick of the coverage, breakfast just spent 20 odd mins on them again this morning.

Or am I just envious? Surely if an old coal mining town can find a buyer, so can a run down seaside town.

Last edited:

I wonder how long until people get sick of the coverage, breakfast just 20 odd mins on them again this morning.

Or am I just envious? Surely if an old coal mining town can find a buyer, so can a run down seaside town.
yeah I was a bit surprised. Bbc love a nations story but seem to give the English regions little thought

I wonder how long until people get sick of the coverage, breakfast just 20 odd mins on them again this morning.

I thought that summed it up quite well

I thought that summed it up quite well

Many Hollywood stars have links to the USA ‘state’. Just look back and see how intertwined hollywood and the cia have been.

What a wonderful way to get pro American sentiment in a nation that may in the next two decades leave Britain by having a Hollywood star ‘save’ your club. Just a conspiracy theory but it’s not just Russia and the Saudis who play these games.

Football was better before it became a rich persons game. S

wrexham had sod all .And was in the grave yard of non leauge football for 15 years or so i herd on tv last night .So as for them that almost went out of bussness 2 nights in shining armour came over the browe of the hill and now they are on there way back .So lets hoe we to find a welthy man to risd us of The club killer RON MARTIN .
Are you talking about ladies of the night...or a spot of gardening? I think encouraging the fanbase to engage in the former is very questionable and unlikely to change the situation at the club...but I'm up for a spot of gardening. :-)

its possible. But seems more likely the owner is looking for a cash injection much larger than season tickets.

I still think he’ll f up the negotiations or scare people off but I do really think he wants a sale so he’ll have to compromise

There’s nothing more to do than wait but the sooner the better as we will start losing players fast
As always with Ron it's a short term stop gap. We need a buyer in ASAP. Not sure how many players are out of contract, and we are still in an embargo. Next season isn't looking good as things stand. Let's hope Ron isn't going to be Ron over any potential negotiations and screw it up.

I wonder how long until people get sick of the coverage, breakfast just spent 20 odd mins on them again this morning.

When the lead BBC story was Dame Edna’s death for hours you know there are problems. The US influence on the BBC is not hard to spot, just look at the spelling or how often figures are quoted in $ not £ and it’s in danger of going further down the Hello route.

I think I read, possibly in the Scunthorpe programme, that work on Fossetts Farm has to start before 1st June. Not 100% why, could be planning related

When the lead BBC story was Dame Edna’s death for hours you know there are problems. The US influence on the BBC is not hard to spot, just look at the spelling or how often figures are quoted in $ not £ and it’s in danger of going further down the Hello route.

You don’t have to watch it you know

Yes it was embarrassing wasn’t it. The BBC’s latest love interest appears to be Wrexham. And calling it a fairy story! It’s amazing what investing millions into a non league club will do. I think the fair play rules are different in the EFL so they may find it harder next season.

Funny how Carl Reader stop posting on here the minute that Ron put the club up for sale.

I wonder if he is one of the party's trying to buy the club would explain the silence.
Carl is currently is Bosnia, promoting some private work of his out in the Balkans but rest assured he's not asleep at the wheel in all this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back