• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Steve Nash, Snoop Dogg, a pension fund, a consortium led by the Ferdinand brothers, Red Bull & Elon Musks brother.

Happy now?

Obviously I just guessed / made up the above and no-one is going to make any announcement until the deal is done which could be in place soon
Yes thanks mate, you're the best lol

This.

It’s the sad but real truth. We own nothing, we have no assets, and the debt is spiralling.

Maybe we should be looking for a rich man in a padded cell to buy the club, because any competent businessman with all of his marbles will steer clear.

The silence on here is deafening with regards to rumours. Of course the club itself wouldn’t be updating fans, but there are many on here who have people on the inside of who, by now, might have set off a few ripples from the rumour mill.

Scarily quiet.

ummm ... we have a load of assets and football clubs are seen as good investments ..

wrexham had sod all .And was in the grave yard of non leauge football for 15 years or so i herd on tv last night .So as for them that almost went out of bussness 2 nights in shining armour came over the browe of the hill and now they are on there way back .So lets hoe we to find a welthy man to risd us of The club killer RON MARTIN .

If Southend aren't sold this summer then I'm done with them completely...... I don't want to keep supporting a joke club every season! I haven't got problem with being crap on the pitch but I have problem supporting club with off field madness though. A club who struggle to pay the tea lady, that **** embarrassing to be honest.

This.

It’s the sad but real truth. We own nothing, we have no assets, and the debt is spiralling.

Maybe we should be looking for a rich man in a padded cell to buy the club, because any competent businessman with all of his marbles will steer clear.

The silence on here is deafening with regards to rumours. Of course the club itself wouldn’t be updating fans, but there are many on here who have people on the inside of who, by now, might have set off a few ripples from the rumour mill.

Scarily quiet.

Tbf, one of the most proven posters has literally posted in this thread that discussions are ongoing with various parties, I really don’t know what more people are expecting.

There are clearly very good reasons that those know information won’t divulge further. NDA’s are designed to stop rumours, and are usually pretty good at it.

If Southend aren't sold this summer then I'm done with them completely...... I don't want to keep supporting a joke club every season! I haven't got problem with being crap on the pitch but I have problem supporting club with off field madness though. A club who struggle to pay the tea lady, that **** embarrassing to be honest.
I think that’s pretty harsh really. Yes 100% agree we have a joke owner but we have the best following in the league by some way evidenced by the fact even though we have spent virtually the whole season under an embargo etc we have taken more away fans to every other single club in the league than any of them clubs bought to us. Add to that the staff that haven’t been paid half the season and they have still turned up and done their best. The players weren’t paid for ages and went on an unbelievable run. You saying we are a joke club is a massive insult and to be honest if you feel that way maybe you should go and find a new club to support. We have a joke of an owner but you can’t fault anyone else at all.

Tbf, one of the most proven posters has literally posted in this thread that discussions are ongoing with various parties, I really don’t know what more people are expecting.

There are clearly very good reasons that those know information won’t divulge further. NDA’s are designed to stop rumours, and are usually pretty good at it.
Unfortunately the social media driven world we live in nowadays means people expect, and demand news 24/7. Throw that, and lack of common sense into a blender, and we end up with 84 pages of largely hissy fits and hot air.

Patience, people.

Bit hasty with your name then???

I believe Ron will be in the SUFC history books/stats and we’ll have new owners.

Timing is the risk here, clubs must be rubbing their hands waiting for the likes
of Bridge to become free agents knowing we’re currently paralysed, just hope we’re in a position to offer new terms soon and support Kev.

I believe Harris (with their new American owners) is interested in Jack 😞

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back