• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
The most pleasing thing I’ve seen is fans finally seeing through the “FF or nothing” charade. We can absolutely function as a NL club staying just where we are, even if it’s a short term solution. Yes it’ll take some graft to get the ground up to standard and redevelop but Ron’s never even entertained the notion, he’s let the place deteriorate. Even Ron himself seems to be accepting that the FF dream is over. Fine, if the stadium had started to be built but it hasn’t and there’s no reason it ever will be. Get someone in with some vision and a bit of cash to keep us going and an alternative future might exist. Who knows.
I think a new, modern facility would be good for the club, but it and the club's interests MUST be the priority in any project. It's no good as an inconvenient tack-on enabling development for a mass housing estate. The club will never be able to maximise the potential benefits of a new, modern facility with the Fossetts plans as they currently are, and the fact that RM and son have tried to push them through despite knowing that shows that SUFC are not the priority. They wanted Fossetts built ASAP and the club out of Roots Hall so they could bulldoze it.

Who would you expect the statement to be from
I’m guessing the meeting was for those now charged with now selling the club, MPs and the like, to hammer out a new deal together that RM and any interested party will hopefully accept. If that doesn’t do the trick then we might see a statement from someone.

the first target has got to be immediate funding for football department - wages and all associated monthly costs ... incl. physio/medical ... all training facilities functioning

ball park figure 125k per month - but an initial start up first month of x2 that.

Plus all back pay owing and agreed t and c - salary for all

Plus immediate engagement with the commercial team to review sponsorship/advertising income forecast

I imagine all pre-existing funds (season ticket money/sponsors) have been drained away by previous owner ..

all proffesional services (law, accountancy, insurers) engaged.

I know if we went public we would raise 500k pretty quick ... how many have not bought a season ticket ?

I think it can be done ....

the first target has got to be immediate funding for football department - wages and all associated monthly costs ... incl. physio/medical ... all training facilities functioning

ball park figure 125k per month - but an initial start up first month of x2 that.

Plus immediate engagement with the commercial team to review sponsorship/advertising income forecast

I imagine all pre-existing funds (season ticket money/sponsors) have been drained away by previous owner ..

I know if we went public we would raise 500k pretty quick ... how many have not bought a season ticket ?

You still banging this drum?

You know we’ve done two fundraisers for the staff, and the money they are owed and with help from other clubs like Wrexham & York, plus the York City owners incredibly generous donation of £10k, across the two we haven’t raised anywhere near £500k…

Not forgetting the £40k from the Shrimpers Trust & £40k from PG Site Services too…

So, are you going to Ron the money? Sorry until he’s out - I am

I’m guessing the meeting was for those now charged with now selling the club, MPs and the like, to hammer out a new deal together that RM and any interested party will hopefully accept. If that doesn’t do the trick then we might see a statement from someone.
I would hope if it does or doesnt work we would get a statement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back