• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard there were major works being undertaken in the West stand including sorting the toilets out and replacing roofs where needed. The East stand facilities are also high on the agenda, I have no idea if the cert has been passed yet but it was close.

The Fox in the South has been charged with loitering/ willful distruction and squatting ( hence all the ****) and his eviction is imminent.
Ah, I thought it was mentioned at the end of the Twitter space last night that it was inspected thursday and issued Friday. Ho Hum

Very useful post, we didn’t know any of that, what do we owe you for stating the bleeding obvious?
Just a couple of more useful additions that Shrimperzone members may not know?

We play in blue
Kev Maher is manager
We play at Roots Hall
Ron Martin is an ars ehole
We were formed in 1906
There are no onions in the burgers
The match day clock only half works
We play on grass
Saturday‘s we kick off at 3.00pm
Obl’s bloke Kev drives a cab

He is if the seller can’t stand him. The buyer needs a new broker/intermediary/agent if it helps get the deal done. However good he is he’s here today gone tomorrow.
What do you suggest? Get RM on a speed dating session with alternative negotiators? Maybe a Naked Attraction format whereby RM picks the new negotiator by seeing their bare attributes a bit at a time?

The last thing needed is a negotiator RM approves of.

Ok this is a serious post amongst my Gems of laughter.

There is one stalwart at the club who although under serious duress is doing all she can to help down at RH.

Believe me the pressure she is under atm is untold with her position and age and what is being put upon her.

Being a keyholder and having to take flack every day whilst trying to keep her position within the club and her roles within it is far to much pressure IMO for such a young girl.

The thing is she loves the club and it has been her heartbeat for most of her life, she is Number 2 at SUFC ladies as well. I don't think i have seen or heard of many hours when she has not been working on behalf of the club, even on match days she is tireless in her application.

So when you think of people to praise at the club. Think of April Smith first.

I am proud to call her mum @Tinks, Tony, Simon and her friends.

Last edited:
99.9% of the posts on here are pure speculation. The truth is probably buried in there somewhere but until the deal (or not) is signed and formally announced, we won’t know…
My personal opinion is unfortunately the truth is being told and was being told by posters that have been dismissed because we didn’t like why they had to say on here or on Twitter

There is one stalwart at the club who although under serious duress is doing all she can to help down at RH.

Beleive me the pressure she is under atm is untold with her position and age and what is being put upon her.

Being a keyholder and having to take flack every day whilst trying to keep her position within the club and her roles within it is far to much pressure IMO for such a young girl.

The thing is she loves the club and it has been her heartbeat for most of her life, she is Number 2 at SUFC ladies as well. I don't think i have seen or heard of many hours when she has not been working on behalf of the club, even on match days she is tireless in her application.

So when you think of people to praise at the club , Think of April Smith first.

I am proud to call her mum @Tinks, Tony and her friends.
April has been a gem for the club for many a year.

Believe me the pressure she is under atm is untold with her position and age and what is being put upon her.

So when you think of people to praise at the club , Think of April Smith first.

I am proud to call her mum @Tinks, Tony and her friends.
Very well said John. April (and her family) are great people. Poor lass had to put up with a very drunk me and @Yorkshire Blue at the last quiz night that I attended before moving out here.

I know times are tough at the minute. My word, this whole thing is taking an emotional toll on everybody who loves this club. We all feel it.

I know that will only be exacerbated by the lack of comms from the club and the slowdown in the lines of information.

I'm not going to sit here and tell everybody that it will be ok and the sale will happen because I just don't know that for sure.

What I can tell you, is that I am taking a huge amount of heart from the fact that a lot of people are working feverishly to make sure our club doesn't die. So much hard work is going on and IF any of it bears fruit then, when appropriate, people can be told all about it.

In no way is that supposed to create a divide or give any impression of a "clique" attitude. Just please know that hard work is going on and people are trying to help as much as they can, whether they be Tom Lawrence, fans or politicians.

Ron Martin's new sale terms could be seen as a Catch-22. They will likely attract some predatory property developer sorts and that's the last thing we need in a new owner. However, those terms also present an unreal opportunity. It provides chances for a clean break from the Martins, a clean break from Fossetts housing, and for the club to potentially own and improve the facilities that it uses. That kind of future gives me more hope as things stand than the unknown of Fossetts and who knows? Perhaps a new stadium can be revisited in the future, but the club needs to be sorted first and the current Fossetts plans just ain't it.

The work that has been done to chip away at RM - whether by protesting or via politicians - and to make him climbdown from his previous stubborn red lines has been outstanding, and perhaps he will climbdown a bit more.

I don't believe Kimura have given up yet either. We'll see what happens there.

Keep the faith. Like I said, I don't know for sure that a deal will be done, but I know people are working so hard to get save this club. It might not happen. It might go down to the 11th hour and 59th minute. But I'm a bit more positive that the club will be saved than I was 48 hours ago.

I do think that if we get through this current nightmare it will make the club stronger than ever. When more comes out about what people have done for the love of the club I think it will create a new sense of unity. April has been mentioned and deserves huge credit, as do the volunteers and the many people on here giving of their time to help move things on. Let's not forget Tom and the rest of the senior team. He could have walked into a good job somewhere else but is sticking by the club at personal cost. Let's hope United we will rise!

Very well said John. April (and her family) are great people. Poor lass had to put up with a very drunk me and @Yorkshire Blue at the last quiz night that I attended before moving out here.
Can't like this enough. April epitomises everything good about this football club and it's people like her that I feel so sorry for with what they're being put through at that place.

I know times are tough at the minute. My word, this whole thing is taking an emotional toll on everybody who loves this club. We all feel it.

I know that will only be exacerbated by the lack of comms from the club and the slowdown in the lines of information.

I'm not going to sit here and tell everybody that it will be ok and the sale will happen because I just don't know that for sure.

What I can tell you, is that I am taking a huge amount of heart from the fact that a lot of people are working feverishly to make sure our club doesn't die. So much hard work is going on and IF any of it bears fruit then, when appropriate, people can be told all about it.

In no way is that supposed to create a divide or give any impression of a "clique" attitude. Just please know that hard work is going on and people are trying to help as much as they can, whether they be Tom Lawrence, fans or politicians.

Ron Martin's new sale terms could be seen as a Catch-22. They will likely attract some predatory property developer sorts and that's the last thing we need in a new owner. However, those terms also present an unreal opportunity. It provides chances for a clean break from the Martins, a clean break from Fossetts housing, and for the club to potentially own and improve the facilities that it uses. That kind of future gives me more hope as things stand than the unknown of Fossetts and who knows? Perhaps a new stadium can be revisited in the future, but the club needs to be sorted first and the current Fossetts plans just ain't it.

The work that has been done to chip away at RM - whether by protesting or via politicians - and to make him climbdown from his previous stubborn red lines has been outstanding, and perhaps he will climbdown a bit more.

I don't believe Kimura have given up yet either. We'll see what happens there.

Keep the faith. Like I said, I don't know for sure that a deal will be done, but I know people are working so hard to get save this club. It might not happen. It might go down to the 11th hour and 59th minute. But I'm a bit more positive that the club will be saved than I was 48 hours ago.
The most pleasing thing I’ve seen is fans finally seeing through the “FF or nothing” charade. We can absolutely function as a NL club staying just where we are, even if it’s a short term solution. Yes it’ll take some graft to get the ground up to standard and redevelop but Ron’s never even entertained the notion, he’s let the place deteriorate. Even Ron himself seems to be accepting that the FF dream is over. Fine, if the stadium had started to be built but it hasn’t and there’s no reason it ever will be. Get someone in with some vision and a bit of cash to keep us going and an alternative future might exist. Who knows.

The most pleasing thing I’ve seen is fans finally seeing through the “FF or nothing” charade. We can absolutely function as a NL club staying just where we are, even if it’s a short term solution. Yes it’ll take some graft to get the ground up to standard and redevelop but Ron’s never even entertained the notion, he’s let the place deteriorate. Even Ron himself seems to be accepting that the FF dream is over. Fine, if the stadium had started to be built but it hasn’t and there’s no reason it ever will be. Get someone in with some vision and a bit of cash to keep us going and an alternative future might exist. Who knows.
FF is dead in the water as far as SUFC are concerned.

Rh isn’t ready
We only just have a team
We have so many injuries we don’t really have a team
We owe the taxman
We don’t have a safety certificate
Do we have any sponsors?
We can’t play a team with the right number of players
Do we have a kit

WE know your troll
we know your not a Southend fan
We know your against any development, by anyone.
We know you don't really give a f*** about SUFC
We know you surf Shrimperzone to appear credible
We know your busted.
We know your a sado, on that note cheerio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back