• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's more a case of fear driving the need to know.

Other clubs may have had takeovers etc, but with the club on life support, it's far more a case of desperate need more than a want.

If Ron stays chairman, it's highly likely we will continue to struggle to point of collapse.

I think most fans just want to know that things are progressing, and by progressing, I mean actual offers being made and not just a lodging of interest. The fuller details of who's who can come later.

We need to stop talking about the need for knowing the progress of the club being sold. Whether you like/hate or believe/distrust Ron Martin, he has already stated on record that he cannot speak about the progress of the club being sold. On top of that, please tell me the last process of selling a club that gave you updates along the way of the club being sold - other than when its taking a long time and an update is ACTAULLTY necessary?

We need to stop talking about the need for knowing the progress of the club being sold. Whether you like/hate or believe/distrust Ron Martin, he has already stated on record that he cannot speak about the progress of the club being sold. On top of that, please tell me the last process of selling a club that gave you updates along the way of the club being sold - other than when its taking a long time and an update is ACTAULLTY necessary?
Well said let’s hope the company that been appointed can do a good job to make it work I take that as a good sign personally with having a company involed for the process 👍. It’s just a game of wait and see

Still not sure what Ron is trying to sell. He's just saddled the club with a load of debt.It loses 200k a month. It has no assets, just a position in tge national league. It's hardly a great deal. Is this all smoke and mirrors from the snake oil salesman to get us to buy season tickets?

Still not sure what Ron is trying to sell. He's just saddled the club with a load of debt.It loses 200k a month. It has no assets, just a position in tge national league. It's hardly a great deal. Is this all smoke and mirrors from the snake oil salesman to get us to buy season tickets?
Cheer up.

I think the final deal may be x amount to Ron and Co for the club, the new ground and x % of property development. I wouldn't be surprised if the total to buy this package is similar to the debt recently packed up on to the club...Ron gets his money back and profits from properties....New owners also profit from slice of development and 4th side of stadium development.
Complete guess work from a former A&E nurse with zero experience in the field of property or buying a messed up football club 🤣🤣

I think the final deal may be x amount to Ron and Co for the club, the new ground and x % of property development. I wouldn't be surprised if the total to buy this package is similar to the debt recently packed up on to the club...Ron gets his money back and profits from properties....New owners also profit from slice of development and 4th side of stadium development.
Complete guess work from a former A&E nurse with zero experience in the field of property or buying a messed up football club 🤣🤣
To be fair, it does make sense that any amounts being paid maybe should be formalised on the sellers side, so that the paperwork shows you are paying for something other than potential future unquantifiable goodwill. Maybe it's a sign of progression .

To be fair, it does make sense that any amounts being paid maybe should be formalised on the sellers side, so that the paperwork shows you are paying for something other than potential future unquantifiable goodwill. Maybe it's a sign of progression .
Yeah my thoughts
A price....of sorts.

This.

It’s the sad but real truth. We own nothing, we have no assets, and the debt is spiralling.

Maybe we should be looking for a rich man in a padded cell to buy the club, because any competent businessman with all of his marbles will steer clear.

The silence on here is deafening with regards to rumours. Of course the club itself wouldn’t be updating fans, but there are many on here who have people on the inside of who, by now, might have set off a few ripples from the rumour mill.

Scarily quiet.

This.

It’s the sad but real truth. We own nothing, we have no assets, and the debt is spiralling.

Maybe we should be looking for a rich man in a padded cell to buy the club, because any competent businessman with all of his marbles will steer clear.

The silence on here is deafening with regards to rumours. Of course the club itself wouldn’t be updating fans, but there are many on here who have people on the inside of who, by now, might have set off a few ripples from the rumour mill.

Scarily quiet.
Your right of course. But football owners are weird people. And occasionally so wealthy that spending 10 million on something is the equivalent of us normal people spending 3 grand on a go kart or similar hobby.

Plus im sure owning a football club makes the tax avoidance and money laundering options first class 😙

Your right of course. But football owners are weird people. And occasionally so wealthy that spending 10 million on something is the equivalent of us normal people spending 3 grand on a go kart or similar hobby.

Plus im sure owning a football club makes the tax avoidance and money laundering options first class 😙
The, THE purchase is, imo, more about the land and development deal than anything involving the stumbling, loss making football business.
The other stuff is more or less guaranteed to make money; and the football guaranteed to cause stress, and financial pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back