• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
I mentioned this a week or so ago, whilst doesnt give a controlling interest to any buyer it does get you into the club. If I were buying the club i would be looking to have 100% eventually
You’re looking at the next largest shareholder holding 6.5%, then a 2.5% and 55 others all under that level. That’s a lot of hoovering up to do. Much better to get the 70% from SEL and then make a bid for the rest once in.

You are both right. There were times he backed the football side too enthusiastically (Peter Clarke, Michael Kightly, Rob Kiernan etc) and backed the wrong people but also times he completely neglected it (Sol Campbell was under an embargo for his entire reign, that period without a CEO, the last year etc).

Matt Slater is a good source but he’s not infallible. He’s been off on this process before (he expected things to be resolved in days when DD was always likely to take weeks) and his comments should be read with the knowledge that his sources are likely in the Kimura camp and will therefore have an agenda. As ever it’s a good idea to keep an open mind.

Criticising Ron for changing the deal is also weird. If Kimura were good with the deal that was on the table wouldn’t they have completed by now?
Absolutely loved Peter Clarke in his time here, but would not have put him in the same bracket as Kiernan and Kightly. Unless there is something I've missed you're happy to share as my understanding was he wanted to move back up North - not sure he's been back South in the years since he's left.

Absolutely loved Peter Clarke in his time here, but would not have put him in the same bracket as Kiernan and Kightly. Unless there is something I've missed you're happy to share as my understanding was he wanted to move back up North - not sure he's been back South in the years since he's left.
Lets please try to keep on topic.

Says it all really. If Firth can read the room and has no ties to Ron she will understand that parroting the fans’ views is where a few more votes can be earned. As for Dudders you comments explain a lot.

Either way if the club dies they will both express outrage, demand change and commit to a phoenix club. In reality, they’ll both get over the loss of SUFC in three seconds flat.
Rubbish, they will feel the pain much as us do, if we lose the club. Not an good outlook for the City and SBC to have an City without a senior club.

Rubbish, they will feel the pain much as us do, if we lose the club. Not a good outlook for the City and SBC to have a City without a senior club.
Not 100% convinced by this, i am 95% certain i saw a comment years ago where Duddridge said he was not in favour of a new stadium being built for the club. If that is true then my thoughts are he is involved out of necessity rather than out of wanting to.

If the city didnt have a team I think we would be only one of two cities without a team in the UK, and that would be a shame. People often overlook how much revenue having a team can bring to a town or city as people often spend in the areas around and not at the ground. That income would be a miss for the local shops and communities. Maybe thats why MP;s are involved more than perhaps their love for the club.

Either way i am grateful they are helping out and trying to help with the sale of the club

Rubbish, they will feel the pain much as us do, if we lose the club. Not an good outlook for the City and SBC to have an City without a senior club.

As much as I want to disagree with you I think things changed when Southend got City status and a thriving football club would look good for the SCC whereas in the past they couldn't give a toss about us.

Is it rubbish? What makes you think a majority of the citizens of Southend care? You and I and everyone here totally get it but don’t assume that an even larger number wouldn’t welcome the closure of the club, along with the match day disruption it brings.

I appreciate this is sacrilege to those here, but remember the fact we participate in these discussions shows we live and breathe our sport or at least the football club is a large part of our lives.

So we are now at a stage where we think Anna f is getting us a new owner.
No, but we are at the point where potentially influential figures in the City have finally come to the realisation of the very real prospect of Southend United ceasing to existing in the near future. Whether it's political posturing, genuine care or a bit of both, who knows? It's not a bad thing for us though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back