• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whilst I think it’s a fair idea, it doesnt help facilitate getting RM out of the club - which is the clear priority for everyone involved.

Get Martin out, then look at the remaining shares if you wanted complete ownership.
I completely agree with you it doesnt

Last edited:
I imagine that RM is used to dealing with business people at the same level (or in his eyes way beneath him). He has therefore always been able to get one over on them or play small businesses off of each other to get his own way and screw people over.

I would imagine that Kimura are in a completely different league and his usual style of negotiations (my way or get lost) simply won't wash anymore. That along with some serious DD have led to him being exposed for the arsehole he is.

He fights back in the only way left open to him, be bloody awkward, deflect blame and divide and conquer by any means necessary.
There does seem to be a personality clash at the heart of this. It’s not true RM hasn’t dealt with some big hitters in his time though. He does appear to be somewhat friendless now with just family rallying round.

There does seem to be a personality clash at the heart of this. It’s not true RM hasn’t dealt with some big hitters in his time though. He does appear to be somewhat friendless now with just family rallying round.
It's not a clash of personalities between the guys at Kimura and Martin - direct comms between them have been the definition of light-touch over the last few weeks from what I hear. Discussions between Laurie Pinto and Martin is another matter entirely...

Something for the Trust to think about perhaps.
Ron, or SEL, has 70.1 pct of the shares of SUFC. Nobody has paid any attention to the the other 29.9 pct.
Assuming the club survives (not a given of course) could not efforts be made to buy some or all of the shares owned by the OTHER shareholders.
A significant part of the ownership would then be in the hands of the fans and their representatives, leading to one or two seats on the board.
I'm open to offers. But only from the Shrimpers Trust. And Kimura. But not Ron, definitely not Ron.💷👍

Last edited:
It's not a clash of personalities between the guys at Kimura and Martin - direct comms between them have been the definition of light-touch over the last few weeks from what I hear. Discussions between Laurie Pinto and Martin is another matter entirely...
That seems to have broken down now to as JD has stepped into the middle of those two as mediator. The whole thing is becoming farcical.

He didn’t neglect the football side, he continuously backed managers who decided to sign a lot of players on big contracts, a few of whom got a lot of injuries or were simply too old to perform well.

He did lose young players on free transfers because his wallet was too tight for better contracts that they deserved.

He did neglect the tax side of things for over a decade and eventually got caught out by missing the EFL membership money + COVID.

He did put too much faith in the wrong people. (Brown/Duncan…)

You are both right. There were times he backed the football side too enthusiastically (Peter Clarke, Michael Kightly, Rob Kiernan etc) and backed the wrong people but also times he completely neglected it (Sol Campbell was under an embargo for his entire reign, that period without a CEO, the last year etc).

For those that haven't seen the comments...

Matt Slater is a good source but he’s not infallible. He’s been off on this process before (he expected things to be resolved in days when DD was always likely to take weeks) and his comments should be read with the knowledge that his sources are likely in the Kimura camp and will therefore have an agenda. As ever it’s a good idea to keep an open mind.

Criticising Ron for changing the deal is also weird. If Kimura were good with the deal that was on the table wouldn’t they have completed by now?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back