• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
This was mentioned on here yesterday and I hadn't considered it really, but it's so ****ing obvious when you think about it.

If I were RM and had agreed a price with a buyer and then within a day or two realised that part of the plan was to make money from a documentary putting me personally through the wringer and basically making my name mud pretty much everywhere, I'm not sure I'd be keen on selling to them anymore!

I would imagine the Kiruma statement as follows;

Statement released via Ron Martin on Monday wasn't the terms of the deal being discussed with Mr Martin last week.

We ( Kiruma) are shocked by the new terms of sale. however, more determined now to get this over the line ASAP

Our representative Mr Pinto who is working on our behalf for the transaction has reached out to Mr Martin on numerous occasions since Monday. with out any success.

As a result, we are forced to make a public statement of our intentions to buy the club. If Mr Martin returns our calls.

Best Regards

Kimura Group

Meeting has taken place, others more respected than me can verify. I can’t say who was in it, but it’s great to know so many are working so hard to save our club.

My activity will slow down now as I don’t want to hinder what work they’re doing.

But please keep the faith!

I’ll do as much as I can to communicate anything I’m able to.
I can verify this meeting took place but of course cannot divulge the participants.

Summing up on all the information in the public domain, some assumptions can be made as to the current situation, which is becoming increasingly desperate.

Matt Slater is as authentic a source as we are going to get as things stand and you can guarantee he has a Batphone into Kimura. Matt started on His Twitter feed that Kimura want a similar deal to the one struck with Wrexham where they purchase the club with a promise to invest £2 million into the club and stated they would be "up for this"
Putting two and two together and hopefully making four, a poster on here started that the new deal proposed by Ron on Monday was still unappealing at a total cost of £9 million and to back up the fact that Kimura do not like this deal, Awooga (who we know to be someone important at Kimura) liked this post.

Kimura are communicating mostly within the boundaries of the NDA when wanting to make a point with the fanbase, but as pointed out by another poster previously, if you follow the liked posts by Awooga, you can start to understand the current narrative as it applies to Kimura's position.

The deal is more appealing now and Kimura are still interested, but it's in their and their shareholders interests to get the right deal.

Like has been said previously on many occasions, although Ron lies on a consistent basis, he occurrence speaks the truth more often than we think, although sometimes not in context. He said to the protesters on that excellent video from Saturday that he thinks "Kimura do not have the money" which roughly translates to "They don't have the money, to pay Ron what he is actually asking Ron" They probably could provide the funds, but are not prepared to at the current terms offered.

Matt Slater reiterated that the pressure from the protests, fanbase and MP's is working and to keep up the pressure on Ron in the hope that an agreement can be reached prior to any catastrophic outcomes for the club, so keep up the great work everyone and let's pray for the outcome we all deserve 🙏 Amen to that.

So many rumours to know which is true or not. To be fir its a joke, not the Man Utd sale has taken longer.

So Kimura still and and not out - Kimura are still in and tabled a formal bid weeks/months ago. Ron's statement On Monday regarding "terms of sale" were the first they'd heard of them. They're closer to being acceptable to Kimura structurally (if Martin actually abides by them), but there's still a gap. Many, including myself, still feel like their interest has been used by Martin to buy more time and seek investment that allows him to keep a degree of control and not dilute his interests.
Kimura have tabled a bid or not? - See above.
Who else is interested? - Nothing has been made public on this, though Martin has made loose references to other parties. Plenty of rumours, all largely unsubstantiated. The Gould family have formally distanced themselves from rumours naming them as prospective purchasers.
Who else has tabled a bid? - See above.
Who is making the tea and bringing the biscuits for any meetings? - Needs something stronger than tea to deal with Martin.

It’s got the the pathetic stage now, we ll refresh refresh refresh, then sniping starts at one another as people do not know whats true and what isnt, and yet from all the rumours and statements it seems no oe has got a bid in that’s acceptable so with some 2 weeks to go we are looking up the creek without a paddle pretty much
My take above in bold.

As a constituent I couldn't disagree more. That doesn't stop me from appreciating her efforts here though which go way beyond what I was expecting from her.
Agree. Key issues beyond SUFC's survival aside (hard to believe I know at the mo but there are some, honest), its a challenger(s) that keeps our representative on their toes. And the stronger the better.

This was mentioned on here yesterday and I hadn't considered it really, but it's so ****ing obvious when you think about it.

If I were RM and had agreed a price with a buyer and then within a day or two realised that part of the plan was to make money from a documentary putting me personally through the wringer and basically making my name mud pretty much everywhere, I'm not sure I'd be keen on selling to them anymore!
So true and also so unnecessary to let that information get out before a deal was done (regardless of intent).

I think everybody in these meetings is trying their hardest to make things positive for us all.

There is so much going on in the background atm it is quite hard to keep up but all the parties with the best interests of the club, staff and fans are working non-stop trying to help.
Problem is they nay be trying their hardest and have the best intentions but we have around 2 weeks or so, i would guess to get the footballing debts cleared for the NL

More worrying by the day that the is no information in the general population to put minds at ease

I am assuming the NL have spoken to the club and given a deadline, yet bnithing has been found out bat that if they have so perhaps they haven’t.

Even our local new paper reporter hast got any info it would seem. More in the athletic that the echo. It is very disturbing that things are just dragging along like this, almost better if the judge hadn’t given a 42 day extension at least we would know whats what rather than still wondering and thinking baout what may or may not happen

Last edited:
By revisiting, I mean the Martins can ask the club if they still want a new stadium there. If not, then he can use the footprint of the planned new stadium and amenities for additional housing instead which will address what he loses from not developing the Roots Hall site.
I think most of us want RH to be redeveloped. We don't need a car park that size, and there is no reason why it can't be expanded in situ, without the need for a shift / rotation. St James' Park did it, albeit on a much larger scale, but we can expand the East quite easily, maybe double tier the West and North (if right of light allows) and suddenly there is a 18k stadium.

This whole situation has put Fossetts into perspective in the sense that actually, it doesnt matter. We just want a club to watch on the Hallowed Turf of Roots Hall.

Problem is they nay be trying their hardest and have the best intentions but we have around 2 weeks or so, i would guess to get the footballing debts cleared for the NL

More worrying by the day that the is no information in the general population to put minds at ease
Hence why there are non-stop meetings going on atm trying to resolve things,

How does this scenario sound?

Ron sells as per the deal he has advertised. He is then done with the football club altogether. He then submits plans for a housing estate on FF and B&L (no stadium or anything football related). Multiple millions coming his way and no pesky fans or covenants to worry about.

Buyer pays about £10 million (over 3 years perhaps?) for the club, RH, car park and access to Vic Ave, Fairfax, and Shakespear Drive, and the new training ground (as it is at the moment). They make minimum outlay to keep RH usable and to gain the safety certificate each year. Also some cash to get the training ground up and running. Running costs are reduced as they are better at running a company than Ron and don't need to waste cash on trips to Winders.

At some point in the future they sort out a new stadium with help from local Council, investors, etc. Nothing too grand, probably on an industrial site, and with some improved revenue streams from bar, catering, conference rooms, smallish events (<1000 people). They then have the training ground and roots hall that can be developed (value of the housing £50 million or so?). Council get (affordable?) housing, and the buyers get a massive return on their investment.

Sounds like a good deal for Ron and the buyers, and not as bad as it could be for us fans.

If somebody wants a secret meeting you wouldn’t think it would be so difficult to keep it secret. It’s a not secret meeting that everyone has to keep secret. Odd.
There is some truth in what you say, it's catch 22 in some ways..people ask what is being done atm and to keep fans in the picture, By saying these meetings took place ok does not divulge much apart from trying to let the fans know all is being done by whatever avenue possible to try to help.

Not much help for the fans i know re detail but it is the best they can offer atm. I am sure any meetings that took place today are being analysed by the parties involved and when they are ready or able to release a statement they will.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back