• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think both could be true. Ron's new bidder exists but isn't really working out and Ron wants to apply pressure on this party, hence Monday nights statement.

My sense, from reading and nothing else, is that Ron really doesn't want to sell to Kimura and is looking at all other options, taking things as close to the wire as possible. It even seems that better terms exist for all buyers except Kimura! I guess that's why he's moved away from the agency and towards Duddridge. Dudders-- a man of principle -- can be trusted to act in Ron's interests rather than the interests of a sale that benefits all.
But RM has said publicly he wants to sell the club to Kimura. Is that confirmation he does not want to?

I honestly think he's been forced into it by the two MPs. Whether he'd follow-through with a sale on these terms or not so knows but the comment about "not the legacy I wanted to leave" (paraphrasing) says to me this wasn't his idea.
I think he's coming to terms with the total collapse of his 25-year plan (which admittedly wasn't meant to last 25 years). He doesn't want to let it go (understandably) but the MPs have possibly given him a reality check. I think Fossetts is dead and the only way he gets any kind of inheritance for his family here is if he sells what he has and walks away.

Problem is, James Dudderidge and Firth I’m pretty sure don’t want him there either, knowing the pain he has caused to the club and fans, I think they are as desperate to remove him as much as we do, political views and gain aside.
It was very clear from Anna Firth on the radio that she has no time for Ron and talking about needing someone to run the club properly. I suspect it won't help Ron's cause going forward with Tory councillors if they whisper in the ear (although I think I'm right that Ron has been a donor to Dudders before)

I honestly don't think Ron could give a toss if whoever comes next runs the club better than him, makes a documentary, or burns an effigy of him in the centre circle on the first day of the season. He's such a thick skinned narcissist any criticism just bounces off him. All he cares about is wringing every penny he can out of a deal and once done we can all go f*** ourselves as far as hes concerned.

The saving grace may be the combined pressure of protests and the MPs involvement to get this done. If he is getting grief from every direction whether it be at home, his neighbours, government etc and comes to an agreement with Kimura based on these new and reduced numbers Inc RH etc then hopefully, hopefully somehow we might just be saved last minute.
You're such an optimistic pessimistic realist

I honestly think he's been forced into it by the two MPs. Whether he'd follow-through with a sale on these terms or not so knows but the comment about "not the legacy I wanted to leave" (paraphrasing) says to me this wasn't his idea.
He has 100% been pushed to a "simpler" deal by MPs and others around him. Fossetts is too complicated and still too much of a pie in the sky, so he's been told it needs to be off the table and out of the equation and the club's more immediate future focused on.

I also don't believe Kimura to be out of the equation or annoyed at the new terms. A bit miffed that goalposts were moved *again* and the new terms weren't communicated directly to them perhaps, but what's new there with RM? Leaving the asking price aside, a similar structure to RM's new terms is what I heard almost 3 weeks ago that Kimura were pushing for. They want a simpler deal which focuses on club + Roots Hall.

That's why the rumours that they hated the new terms and were out never sounded right to me - they're pretty much what they wanted!

Disclaimer: this absolutely does not mean that I believe they'll 100% be our new owners. Christ knows on that front. Perhaps RM really doesn't want to sell to them. But reports of their withdrawal due to unfavourable new terms from RM are premature, I believe.

Whats seems days ago (was probably only yesterday) was the discusion of staying at RH and not moving to FF. Initially i thought this would be a backwards step as we have been sold the dream of revenue streams, start of the art features, etc but thinking further and seeing how Ron is dealing with potential buyers, suppliers, etc - that project, if it did happen would be light years away. The way forward can only be - Ron sells the club, RH & the new training pitches (& dome?), new buyers coming and give RH a mega face lift. Ron can try and build the housing estate at FF but i wouldnt rush to put down a deposit on a flat just yet..

I am really sorry if this has been covered already but with nearly 17k posts, it's hard to look back and find for myself, but what exactly is Ron's issue with Kimura? Its evident he doesnt like them for some reason..

He has 100% been pushed to a "simpler" deal by MPs and others around him. Fossetts is too complicated and still too much of a pie in the sky, so he's been told it needs to be off the table and out of the equation and the club's more immediate future focused on.

I also don't believe Kimura to be out of the equation or annoyed at the new terms. A bit miffed that goalposts were moved *again* and the new terms weren't communicated directly to them perhaps, but what's new there with RM? Leaving the asking price aside, a similar structure to RM's new terms is what I heard almost 3 weeks ago that Kimura were pushing for. They want a simpler deal which focuses on club + Roots Hall.

That's why the rumours that they hated the new terms and were out never sounded right to me - they're pretty much what they wanted!

Disclaimer: this absolutely does not mean that I believe they'll 100% be our new owners. Christ knows on that front. Perhaps RM really doesn't want to sell to them. But reports of their withdrawal due to unfavourable new terms from RM are premature, I believe.
I don't know if it's because it's so bad at the moment that everything feels positive but the talks of new owners taking Roots Hall and the potential to redevelop, (Carl spoke well on this last night on the Twitter Space), to me is far more exciting than Ron's plan for a stadium in a housing estate.

It was very clear from Anna Firth on the radio that she has no time for Ron and talking about needing someone to run the club properly. I suspect it won't help Ron's cause going forward with Tory councillors if they whisper in the ear (although I think I'm right that Ron has been a donor to Dudders before)
Says it all really. If Firth can read the room and has no ties to Ron she will understand that parroting the fans’ views is where a few more votes can be earned. As for Dudders you comments explain a lot.

Either way if the club dies they will both express outrage, demand change and commit to a phoenix club. In reality, they’ll both get over the loss of SUFC in three seconds flat.

I don't know if it's because it's so bad at the moment that everything feels positive but the talks of new owners taking Roots Hall and the potential to redevelop, (Carl spoke well on this last night on the Twitter Space), to me is far more exciting than Ron's plan for a stadium in a housing estate.
Can you listen again to this twitter space event?

I am really sorry if this has been covered already but with nearly 17k posts, it's hard to look back and find for myself, but what exactly is Ron's issue with Kimura? Its evident he doesnt like them for some reason..
Only he knows the answer to that.

Reactions: Jai
They're probably a straight forward, respectable business...which is quite alien to Ron ! 🤔

I think he's coming to terms with the total collapse of his 25-year plan (which admittedly wasn't meant to last 25 years). He doesn't want to let it go (understandably) but the MPs have possibly given him a reality check. I think Fossetts is dead and the only way he gets any kind of inheritance for his family here is if he sells what he has and walks away.

At least he won't have to borrow if he wants to start developing B&L. Each block completed will fund the next,

FF can wait.....Perhaps Jack and Tom can think about that in 20 years. James and Anna's
children might want penthouse each.

Would be good if we could have a locked thread where only selected posters such as Crate, BoyWonder, LondonShrimper (missed many out) etc could post updates they have with no-one else able to reply. Perhaps a different thread for questions?
Just to give us a single thread where we can just see latest updates easily

No thanks.

There are better people than me to speak to on this. There are definitely worse people on this thread to speak to than me as well.

I’m out of the loop a little bit on the takeover front. I’ve been busy the last few days, so haven’t spoke to my guys since just after the court case last week.

When I can, I’ll catch up with my people, and update if I can, but I don’t think I’ll be providing any fresh information as it seems most is out there at the moment.

As I’ve always said on the takeover front, @Medway Blue seems to be the most clued up and informed on this one. What he says won’t be too far away from the truth.

What I’ve learnt throughout all of this is RM is a law into himself. I know the terms he put out on Monday are different to what he wanted originally, which are different to what he wanted on Friday as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back