• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Problem is, James Dudderidge and Firth I’m pretty sure don’t want him there either, knowing the pain he has caused to the club and fans, I think they are as desperate to remove him as much as we do, political views and gain aside.
Firth probably, Duddridge I'm not sure.

Both know it reflects terribly on them if the club dies. That's their motivation for getting involved at this stage (and it would be the same if they were Labour, Lib Dem, whatever)

So he won’t sell to kimura . What a man
No thats not what is being suggested and crate can talk for himself. But I think he is seeking to rationalise Monday's statement- 2 suggestions

RM has a bidder / interested party, that NOBODY knows about and would be more of investment and RM staying in some capacity

or

Monday nights statement on the website was him putting us in the shop window.

Note use of capitals..(his not mine)

As always people make their own conclusions

Firth probably, Duddridge I'm not sure.

Both know it reflects terribly on them if the club dies. That's their motivation for getting involved at this stage (and it would be the same if they were Labour, Lib Dem, whatever)
I agree Firth is probably more genuine then James Dudderidge , but he’s probably been dragged into it.

My view is that Ron is desperately doing everything he can to secure investment that allows the club to continue (albeit it in intensive care) whilst keeping himself involved for the FF / RH developments. I think this is why Duddridge is involved more than the agency. He doesn't want rational advice. He needs a fixer.

I'm cynical yes, BUT we shouldn't forget that even Ron's buddies don't want to work with him anymore. The evidence for this is in his abject failure to secure the bridging loan earlier in the year. He was confident and full of bluster but no ****er would lend to him. It may be then that Kimura, at the eleventh hour, is the only offer on the table. People say they are being played but maybe they are counting on this likelihood.
Great post and right on the money IMO.

There's a reason Kimura are still in the mix. The money they've spent on DD is now a sunk cost, so it makes sense to keep the door open even if direct comms between them and the club have almost been non-existent over the last fortnight. Ron might think that he's "winning", using them as leverage to work on other angles, but none of these (as far as I've heard) have led to anything tangible yet. Kimura are in a different league and will anticipate terms could well become more favourable to them if Martin fails to magic up a viable alternative. Kimura want to do a deal, but won't do it to the detriment of their shareholders.

Over 1,000 people come through the Twitter space, and peaked at nearly 800. Seems they go down well with 2 hours of chatting away! I hope tomorrow we have more to talk about. UTB
Caught up with the 1st hour earlier @CRATE & will get to the rest when I'm out of meetings later. It was good to get a break from here & listen to some common sense. Might not all be right, don't think any of us know that, but it was very interesting. Well done. 👏

No thats not what is being suggested and crate can talk for himself. But I think he is seeking to rationalise Monday's statement- 2 suggestions

RM has a bidder / interested party, that NOBODY knows about and would be more of investment and RM staying in some capacity

or

Monday nights statement on the website was him putting us in the shop window.

Note use of capitals..(his not mine)

As always people make their own conclusions

I think both could be true. Ron's new bidder exists but isn't really working out and Ron wants to apply pressure on this party, hence Monday nights statement.

My sense, from reading and nothing else, is that Ron really doesn't want to sell to Kimura and is looking at all other options, taking things as close to the wire as possible. It even seems that better terms exist for all buyers except Kimura! I guess that's why he's moved away from the agency and towards Duddridge. Dudders-- a man of principle -- can be trusted to act in Ron's interests rather than the interests of a sale that benefits all.

I think it is time for a few people involved in this possible sale to put their big boy pants on and actually come out and say something instead of using people to leak bits and pieces for them.

If the latest sale offer from RM is false then say what, none of this that's not true but I can't tell you why crap.

If Kimura don't want that deal then say so don't keep feeding bits to people to make them look like they are the saviour's but are being hard done by.

If there is another party interested then step up and make a bid.
I’ve not heard anything since the night Ron’s latest statement came out, but I believe that’s their plan.

Great post and right on the money IMO.

There's a reason Kimura are still in the mix. The money they've spent on DD is now a sunk cost, so it makes sense to keep the door open even if direct comms between them and the club have almost been non-existent over the last fortnight. Ron might think that he's "winning", using them as leverage to work on other angles, but none of these (as far as I've heard) have led to anything tangible yet. Kimura are in a different league and will anticipate terms could well become more favourable to them if Martin fails to magic up a viable alternative. Kimura want to do a deal, but won't do it to the detriment of their shareholders.
Can only hope that Ron is left with 2 options.
  • Let the club die and lose out himself through shear blind sightedness and spite
  • Take what is on offer and ride off into the sunset
For what it is worth, I think money will win in the end.
My concern is that by offering Roots Hall as an asset for a decent price, means we attract less that perfect bidders into the mix that haven't got the resources or best interests of the club at heart. Don't get me wrong, I'm not nieve in thinking Kimuras first priority is the clubs wellfare, but suspect is high up on the list.

Just hoping that if Kimura sit tight, and always make sure their offer to Ron is the most financially attractive, we might just get this over the line.

*Pure speculation on my part. I know nowt. Absolutley zilch.

I agree Firth is probably more genuine then James Dudderidge , but he’s probably been dragged into it.
True but for any 21st century MP its always more than votes on election day. No matter what happens it will all be forgotten, their seats are totally safe.

Its not just Ron v the fans. Lots of important fingers in the SUFC future pie. I'm sure that will become apparent one the next few weeks and months

I think we are all so desperate for a deal to be done, that we just want it to be Kimura - but if what some are saying is true, then we may be better with this new bidder, who, apparently, has considerable personal wealth. I'm not ITK at all, but just taking snippets from past posts on this thread.

To be honest, I don't really care who takes us over as long as Ron Martin is soon Gone Martin and they have decent intentions.

Edit: Oh, and it has to happen soon, i.e. within the next 5-7 workings days. RM won't pay the debts and the NL won't allow us to start the season with the creditors unpaid.

Putting my tinfoil hat on, do you reckon he hates the love that the fans have for them to takeover the club?
He'd be a bit daft for that, Kimura are the only bidder been named, that's why fans are keen, the fans will almost love anyone but Ron.

Reactions: JAL
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back