• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is so sad every time we have a bit of positive news. We get bad news again:( .

Wish I could just stop checking. Think we’re all beyond desperate for good news now.
Unfortunately, until we are properly rid of that family it will always be like this which is why any new owners need to be 100% separated from him in any way, shape or form or it's better we start again from scratch IMO.

The man is a fkin nightmare.

See Matt Slater’s (possibly the most reliable source of info) comments on Twitter. States that Ron Martin doesn’t have a credible alternative to Kimura. He’s searched for alternatives but either the money isn’t there or they know him well enough and don’t want to do business with him.
Can only hope he sees sense, but that’s pretty unlikely.

See Matt Slater’s (possibly the most reliable source of info) comments on Twitter. States that Ron Martin doesn’t have a credible alternative to Kimura. He’s searched for alternatives but either the money isn’t there or they know him well enough and don’t want to do business with him.
For those that haven't seen the comments...

The saving grace may be the combined pressure of protests and the MPs involvement to get this done. If he is getting grief from every direction whether it be at home, his neighbours, government etc and comes to an agreement with Kimura based on these new and reduced numbers Inc RH etc then hopefully, hopefully somehow we might just be saved last minute.

It can surely only be because of the documentary. Ron made no reactions until that was mentioned.
He has always been like it! His dream is in tatters, debt upon debt, WUP`s, HMRC, late payments. Now in a corner and cannot convince himself to let go.

He says he wants to sell? A buyer has been in talks, DD, etc.....

Are Kimura still interested?

One mans self importance is robbing the community of it`s football club.

Importantly, what did he show the Judge to get another 42 day adjournment?

Is he playing a potential buyer, that he has no intention of selling too, of with the promise to a judge that all debt will be paid before the next hearing?

In his pre-determined mind, does he know that he will not have to attend that hearing because the NL would have ejected us by then?

Sorry, my mind is working overtime, but, no one has the answers?

Only one man has?

I think it is time for a few people involved in this possible sale to put their big boy pants on and actually come out and say something instead of using people to leak bits and pieces for them.

If the latest sale offer from RM is false then say what, none of this that's not true but I can't tell you why crap.

If Kimura don't want that deal then say so don't keep feeding bits to people to make them look like they are the saviour's but are being hard done by.

If there is another party interested then step up and make a bid.

Matt Slaters comments don't surprise me. I know so many people / companies in the area that won't deal with him for various reasons. Of course, he'll blame all the potential bidders for the deal not happening (if sadly, it doesnt), but at the end of the day his track record, greed and stubborness is going to ruin this great club
This is one feature that should be considered as part of the goodwill element of any valuation. It's already been said that season ticket sales will jump but I do think sponsorship and other things will likely increase based on those not wanting to be associated with RM. PG services have only invested because of TL but I believe that a RM free SUFC will be a far more attractive option for local businesses and maybe even some large ones.

Really just need a sticky locked post with 1 summarised update of where we are at 5pm each day.

I often think I've missed an announcement and then have to wade through several pages of posts only to find no further update.
Same here. I play extreme sports most evenings at the moment & get back late, well the Maldon Gold is only £3.40 a pint!! I then sit for ages churning through the last few hundred messages, try to decide who is ITK & might be real but jenarly dyskowntng thouse pastirs whowse gramma is so pur ikant standunder it.

Last edited:
Some good news! I have just had an email confirming my season ticket purchase, and another asking me to register with the new ticketing system.
I may be 'clutching at straws', but I find the normality of this strangely reassuring. Amid the madness of football club finance, the business of running the club is going on.
Also looks better already. You can order your 3 free tickets from your account for example. Let's just hope we get to play the games!

So what is being said here, is Ron doesn't want to sell to Kimura as they will do a better job with the club than he did? If thats the case, all bidders might as well save themselves the grief and effort.
He must have a sliding scale of how much better someone could run the club that is acceptable to swallow?
Nearly anyone is going to be able to do a better job right now.

This is one feature that should be considered as part of the goodwill element of any valuation. It's already been said that season ticket sales will jump but I do think sponsorship and other things will likely increase based on those not wanting to be associated with RM. PG services have only invested because of TL but I believe that a RM free SUFC will be a far more attractive option for local businesses and maybe even some large ones.
That's a good point. Once RM has left (and I mean, totally left...not hanging onto various assets / parts of land etc), I think sesaon tickets sales will go through the roof.

My view is that Ron is desperately doing everything he can to secure investment that allows the club to continue (albeit it in intensive care) whilst keeping himself involved for the FF / RH developments. I think this is why Duddridge is involved more than the agency. He doesn't want rational advice. He needs a fixer.

I'm cynical yes, BUT we shouldn't forget that even Ron's buddies don't want to work with him anymore. The evidence for this is in his abject failure to secure the bridging loan earlier in the year. He was confident and full of bluster but no ****er would lend to him. It may be then that Kimura, at the eleventh hour, is the only offer on the table. People say they are being played but maybe they are counting on this likelihood.

My view is that Ron is desperately doing everything he can to secure investment that allows the club to continue (albeit it in intensive care) whilst keeping himself involved for the FF / RH developments. I think this is why Duddridge is involved more than the agency. He doesn't want rational advice. He needs a fixer.

I'm cynical yes, BUT we shouldn't forget that even Ron's buddies don't want to work with him anymore. The evidence for this is in his abject failure to secure the bridging loan earlier in the year. He was confident and full of bluster but no ****er would lend to him. It may be then that Kimura, at the eleventh hour, is the only offer on the table. People say they are being played but maybe they are counting on this likelihood.
Problem is, James Dudderidge and Firth I’m pretty sure don’t want him there either, knowing the pain he has caused to the club and fans, I think they are as desperate to remove him as much as we do, political views and gain aside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back